Chapter 1 | just a target

y/n's pov

I knew she adored gardens, so I went and took her somewhere wonderful, and this is where I'll ask the big question.

"...I know we've only been together for a few months, but... will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I inquired earnestly as tears streamed down her face and she smiled.

As I stare at the beauty in front of me, my eyes began to well up with tears..

"Oh, y/n... i–"

bEeP bEeP bEeP

I groaned as I stopped the alarm from beeping since I was woken from a great dream I had just had. But that was fresh to me; I'd never dreamed about a proposal before.

It was ten o'clock in the morning, and I wanted to go to the mall by myself and treat myself to something. I believe we all deserve to treat ourselves once in a while, whether it's by purchasing something we enjoy, baking a cake for ourselves, or simply traveling anywhere and whenever we want.

I dragged myself downstairs, dressed in a v-neck long sleeve, some cozy sweatpants, and white sneakers, collected my house and car keys, and went out to lock the door to my house. I got into my car, which was parked in front of my house in the driveway, and drove away.

 I got into my car, which was parked in front of my house in the driveway, and drove away

When I arrived, I grabbed the tiny bag I grabbed and began strolling out to the mall. I actually enjoy the feeling of being in a mall, despite being surrounded by others strolling alongside you or in various directions—cold, and I like it when it's cold, plus you get to window-shop if you're broke or whatever, which I usually do but not today.

When I spotted this clothing/accessory store, I had a rush of excitement run through my veins; I think it's perfectly normal for me to go into an accessory store only to buy some new rings 'cause i'm what? straight as a circle.

I went out after buying some new accessories, mostly rings, and a few new clothes for myself, and decided to hunt for a place to dine in because I hadn't had my breakfast yet.

I was walking past other people when i saw a familiar face, a man with a black long hair , a beard and mustache, dark brown eyes, i couldn't quite place who that man was so i just ignored it and continued walking past this herd of people who can't seem to know how to walk in a straight line because they kept on bumping into me, geez and i'm the gay one.

I grabbed my breakfast, and since I still wanted to wander around the mall, I decided to purchase a bagel and a small coffee.

"Hey!" I heard someone screaming out to me, but I didn't think it was for me, so I kept walking. But not before someone softly grabbed my arm and linked their arm around mine.