Chapter 10 | knock knock

y/n's pov

-on call-

L: Robbie's on your front door? Are you sure?

Y: Y-yes. What do I do, Lizzie? God, I-I knew this would happen but I didn't expect it to happen now-

L: Wait, what do you mean you knew?

I sighed before I answered her question.

L: y/n...

Y: Robbie... He visited the shop earlier and looked for me a-and... He told my manager, Gelo that he's looking for m-me because apparently 'I took you and Eugene away from him.' That's what Nicky told me.

L: Was that the real reason why you left earlier? Why Nicky called you?

Y: Yes, yes. Please, Lizzie you have to help me I can't-

"Open the door! I know you're in there you fucking slut! Where's my family?!"

I heard Robbie shouting from the other side as he gave a loud knock on my door, almost like pounding on it with his hands too hard. I was panicking so much and focused to what was on my front door, I completely forgot Lizzie was still talking to me in the phone.

L: y/n??? What's happening??? please tell me you're okay... Fuck.

"Open the damn door!"

"P-Please leave me alone! They're not here! Please..."

I begged to him with tears streaming down my face as he stopped knocking as I let out a sigh of relief . I thought he already left until I heard a loud thud hitting my front door, only to find out he was trying to barge himself in my apartment and break down my door. With my instincts, I ran to my room and hid there for safety, I didn't noticed I dropped my phone in the living room when I tried to search for it in my pockets when I forgot that I'm wearing boxers only. Great.

I hid on the left side of the bed since my bed is placed at the center, so that he won't see me incase he came in the room. I slid my hand underneath my bed searching for my emergency weapon, my baseball bat. It was my uncle's. I grabbed it and held it infront of me as I wait for Robbie.

After a few minutes, I heard a loud crash outside which I assume is my front door broken down by him. At this point, I don't even know how to breathe properly, I was just bawling my eyes out and hoping this would already end. I think my eyes dried out already and I was simply losing patience with everything that's been going on lately. My tears turn into anger, at this point, I don't care what happens anymore.

I stand up and slowly went to my bedroom door, contemplating if I should come out and face him or I let him find me hiding in my room like a coward. Obviously, I chose the first option. I may have had a dark past but I can't let it haunt me forever, I chose to have a new life for myself, and for the better. So if he wants me dead then so be it. I think he's delusional.

I took a deep breath before I opened the door and immediately went out of the room to face Robbie who slowly went out of the kitchen area looking at me.

"Well, if it isn't the home wrecker." He said as he slowly sarcastically applauded while walking towards me.

"I'm not a home wrecker. If there's anyone who broke their family's trust in them, it's you, Robbie."

"The night you start harassing your own wife in front of your child, and the night your son was taken to the hospital for a brain surgery. That's the time you broke your own family's trust in you. So you wrecked your own home, not me. And hurting me isn't going to solve your stupid choices that you decided to do with your life that caused your family to break away."

I say to him sternly making him acknowledge the fact that I'm serious about this situation. What he did to Lizzie, and Eugene was wrong. I noticed his fist and jaw clenched as he stopped in front of me.

"You know nothing about my family. You don't know how much I have sacrificed for them!"

"And yet in the end, you chose to throw all of those sacrifices away. You were an asshole for treating them that way, this way! Did you know how much pain Lizzie went through watching her son lying on a hospital bed, unconscious? She didn't even want to talk to me the moment I stepped in that room. All because of some small argument, you coming home the next day all suspicious, then the next night you came home drunk and harassed them?! Seriously, Robbie what kind of a father are you?!"

He unclenched his jaw and fist as I yelled at the things he had done to his own family.

"If I was Eugene, I would never ask for a father like you."

And with that he pinned me against the wall and grabbed my throat tightly causing me to choke, asking for some air. I tried hitting his hands to stop him from choking but it didn't work.

"You don't get to talk about me like that! You are a nobody and you will die alone."

He shouted at me while his grip on my throat started to get tight even more. Until we both heard a voice on our right making us turn our heads towards the voice.

"She's not alone."

Robbie let go of me as I fell down to the floor catching my breath after being choked down almost to death. He ran towards the brunette I know, hugging her.

"Lizzie... Babe. I missed you, how- how's our boy? Eugene? How is he? A-Are you alright? What's goin' on?"

"I'm sorry, Robbie."

It wasn't until then a police alarm sound slowly fades in the scene as they parked right in front of my place surrounding it. I couldn't really see them since my vision got a bit blurry, but I wish I would've seen the look on Robbie's face. He deserved it. I feel bad for Lizzie though.

The police cuffed Robbie as they took him to the car as Lizzie ran to me helping me sit up with her arms as she placed my back on her legs.

"Y/n? Hey, I'm here. Stay with me, okay? You're okay."

She tugged a piece of my hair covering my face to the sides of my ears before she cupped my face with her hands. I heard little sniffles from her which indicates that she's crying. I tried to open my eyes to take a look at her, and I was right. Tears were forming on her eyes, streaming down her face as she let out a short chuckle.

"Hey." she said.

"H-Hey..."

I gave her a weak response and a smile before the medics helped me up and took me to an ambulance.