Chapter 15 | after work

y/n's pov

Today is a new week, and I'm back to working at the café. It's good to be back, I missed the morning shift hour since the sunlight would hit the shop so perfectly as the people starts to enter.

"How is my baby boo sweet girl? I missed you so much!! And how come you didn't text me or tell me what happened at Lizzie's house for three weeks?"

Nicky says as he embraced me so tightly that I could lose my oxygen again. Kidding aha ha.

"I missed you too, Nicky. And nothing happened at Lizzie, she just took care of me and Eugene, that's all." I shrugged which made Nicky suspiciously looked at me.

"Don't worry, you can tell me everything about whatever it is you don't want to share right now after work."

He wink and pat me in the back as I smiled at him. Nicky's the very best friend of mine and he always gets me, and understands me when no one else can. He's definitely my rock. I'll never know what will happen to me if I lost him.

We spent the entire day working tirelessly while my manager insist to offer me short breaks due to me being on the hospital just a few weeks ago in which i respectfully declined since my body can handle it anyway.

After work, Nicky and I decided to go on the cinemas to watch a sci-fi movie which ended with our minds blown.

"Never ever take me to a sci-fi movie that will crack my brain into pieces ever again."

Nicky glared at me for messing up his mind while I was really stunned with the movie we just watched. We decided to hang out in my place since Nicky was too bored to be spending his time at his place. He plopped down on the couch as I took out a bottle of wine which widened his eyes glancing to me then back to the wine bottle.

"What ever is this for, miss maam? Who hurt you?"

I chuckled as I pour some wine on both of our wine glass. I handed his wine glass to him as he let out a 'thank you' before I sat down beside him.

"I want to tell you about what happened at her place so why not drink wine as we go with it?"

"Hmm. Good point. So what happened?"

"So Lizzie insisted to take care of me for three weeks. Just her alone while she also takes care of Eugene. And I slept on her bed-"

"Did you fuck?" Nicki interrupted me while I looked at him shocked with his thoughts.

"No. We did not. But there were a lot of times where we almost kissed. Like a lot." I said as I took a sip of my drink.

"Ookay. Was that all?"

"She told me she liked me."

I let out a weak grin at Nicky as he gasp covering his mouth.

"And???"

"And I played dumb. I acted like I didn't know what she was talking about. I knew what she was saying, but I didn't want to hurt myself so I played dumb. It's completely stupid and it's clear that I hurt her so much because she didn't stayed in bed and wake me up the day after. I wanted to apologized to her but her friend came and I never got the chance to do so. I also saw her on a 'date' with this friend when I was with Winn at Dan Dan Noodles."

"She stays in bed with you until you wake up???" Nicky says as he took a sip of his drink making me furrowed my brows at him.

"Out of all the things I said, that's all you're going to say??"

"Mmm. Yes. And you went out with Winn? Isn't the guy you almost had a relationship with?"

"Yeah. But that's not the point of this talk, is it?"

Nicky shot down his entire drink as he hold up one finger in front of me telling me to wait while he finishes his drink. He placed down the glass on the coffee table as he sat himself up.

"You are stupid for doing that."

I rolled my eyes at him while I take my drink down my throat as I laid my back against the couch sitting up. "I know." I murmured as Nicky let out a snicker.

"Of course you do. You would always find a way to not hurt yourself anymore because of what you've been through in the past and trust me, I do know you, y/n. Admit it."

I shrugged taking a sip of my drink once again as he continues his talk.

"I know it's hard to let anybody in to your life since you fear that they may leave you and all. But this is Lizzie we're talking about, for all that I know, she seems really sweet. And based on your fun dates together at the shop and your little hookup, she seems to really care about you. If she didn't why did she kept on talking to you when you were just a complete stranger walking around the mall and working at a coffee shop? Hmm?"

He was right. All of it. It just feels hard for me to let anyone in, even Lizzie. Lizzie who has been nice to me for so many weeks and I decided to break her heart by playing dumb with her confession to me that night.

"So what do you suggest I should I do?

"Well, you go to her front door, knock, and apologized. Or do something better."