Chapter 6 | do you like... her?

y/n's pov

After Lizzie's visit, we sort everything out and I think we're doing okay now. Unfortunately, she has to go back home to Eugene and I also needed to get ready for work which ended our conversation and time together. When I arrived in my night shift I got a text from Lizzie telling me that Robbie was home when she got there and they had a talk about last night's argument but she suspected that something was wrong with Robbie when they were talking. She said he kept avoiding eye contacts and he was fidgeting too much. He usually never keep a conversation short and after last night she knew something was up.

I just told her maybe he's tired but who knows. Even though I love Robbie and his music, from how I saw Lizzie last night, it was hard. She was hurt and it was just a small argument. Maybe it'll pass soon.

I heard someone beside me made a cough sound which startled me but it was just Nicky. "Geez! Nicky, don't do that again! you scared me." I hit him in his arm but not too hard making him raise his brows at me. "Uhh, you do know we're in a middle of work and who else in this room is going to knock you out of your own pretty little world? That's right, me." I playfully rolled my eyes at him as he pointed at himself. We both fixed our posture as soon as we saw our manager walked across us monitoring everything like always, he turned to us from the other side of the counter as we gave him a smile and he returned it back. After he continued in monitoring his shop turning his back on us, Nicky and I let out our breathes that we didn't think we were holding on.

"I'm just saying, if I didn't stop you from texting whoever you're texting just now, you would've been fired sweetie." He says making me look at him to see if he was serious, he raised his brows at me yet again with his hands raised on his sides giving me an answer that he is serious. "Fine. Okay. You're right, thank you Nicky." I gave him a smile as he clapped his hands together making him smile in excitement like a little puppy was given a treat.

"I know i'm right, I'm always right." He chuckles as I rolled my eyes at him going back to work. "Who were you texting anyway? Whoever it is, made you so hooked up you didn't even realize where you at." He nudged in the elbow while he makes one of the customer's order beside me. "It's nobody. Besides if I tell you, you're just going to laugh at me." I say taking a slice of cheesecake and placing it on a plate.

Nicky gasped which made me glanced at him, "Oh My G, is it that one white dude at the Joe's Bar who kept on flirting with you? Please say no." I gave him a disgusting look which made him laugh and pat me in the back.

"Nicky, stop. I'm really going to attack you with this whip cream I'm holding." As soon as I said that he stops laughing making me chuckle. "Plus, no guy would ever impress me. They're disgusting." I say in a disgust tone making him nod and waited for a few seconds to ask again. "So... who was it?" I glared at him but I know Nicky wouldn't take no for an answer for a question like this. "I'll tell you but promise me you won't laugh at me." He nodded as I let out a sigh. "it'selizabetholsen" I slurred as fast I can. I looked at him and he has a blank face and his arms crossed, "Girl, what in the hell did you just say 'cause not even Eminem would've understand that... I think." He say before I served the order I was making to a customer.

I came back behind the counter with Nicky who is still waiting for an answer. I pulled him in the storage room away from the customers. "Are you gonna tell me or are you gonna tell me?" I let out my phone and scrolled back up to the first conversation Lizzie and I had. I faced my phone to Nicky who is still confused glancing from my phone to me. He took my phone scrolling through our message as I told him who it was. "It's Lizzie." He looked at me wide eyes, jaw opened, "Liz-Lizzie... Olsen?" I nodded. Silence took over but not until Nicky laughed out loud again "Hey! You promised you won't laugh." "Y/n, how could I not? How does this prove to me that it's Lizzie. THE Elizabeth Olsen. With just a conversation with a contact name Hermosa with a cup of coffee in it. This could be fake. I need proof." He handed back my phone giving me weird smile which made me huff.