Chapter 25 | stay here with me

tw: blood

lizzie's pov

It's been 5 hours since Nicky called me, I can't do it alone. I can't go to her place alone. I need Nicky, he's close to y/n. I need someone as a support. I decided to text him just incase he's currently busy at work.

Me
Hey. I still haven't checked on her yet, I can't do it, Nicky. Can you come with me? | 5:45pm

Nicky 🤹‍♂️
Sure thing, babe! I just finished my shift. Let's meet at her place? | 5:45pm

Me
Thank you ❤️ I'll see you there. | 5:46pm

I changed my clothes and packed a few things that I might need for later. The door of my room opened and saw Eugene he asked, "Mom? Where are you going?" I turned to him and kneeled infront of him. "You promised we'll have family time together tonight, right?" I cupped his face with my hand while my other hand was holding his. "Mommy have to be somewhere but it will just be quick, okay?" I stand up and turned to my things again and zipped it up. "Are you going to y/n's place?" Eugene asked which made me froze. I looked at him and slowly nodded while giving him a sad smile.

"I miss her. Why don't she visit anymore?"

"She's just... busy. That's all, sweetheart."

"Mom..." I looked at him and he have this face that indicates that he knows I'm lying to him. "She's not feeling well." I said as I sat on the bed and pat the spot beside me for Eugene.

He sat down as I wrapped my arms around him and placed a kiss on the top of his head. "Is it because of daddy?" He looked up to me and I furrowed my brows at him. "Why would you say that, baby?"

"Mom, why are you back with daddy? Didn't he hurt you? He also hurt me. I don't understand why you guys are back together." He looked down his hands and played with it. He's right. I thought Eugene would be happy to have his dad back. Maybe Y/n was right afterall. I should've listened to her.

I was deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize Robbie was in front of us. I started a little and stand up. "You okay, Lizzie?" Robbie asked. "Y-Yeah. I have to be somewhere please stay with Eugene." I gave him a kiss on the cheek before I took my bag and walked out of the house to my car.

I drove to y/n's place, and waited for Nicky on her doorstep. After a few minutes, Nicky arrived and that's when I felt all my nerves coming back up. We both stand in front of the door with the spare key in my hand, Nicky reassured me as I took a deep breath before unlocking her front door. When we got in her place, we called out to her but there was no response. This is scary. I have a bad feeling something might've happened to her. I quickly went to her room and she wasn't there. I heard a splash of water to my left, she might be in the bathroom. I placed my ear against the door and I hear whimpers, I tried to open the door but it was locked on the other side. I aggressively knocked in the door and called out to her, "Y/n, please open the door. Please? It's me Lizzie. Please open..." I start to tear up before Nicky came and asked what's wrong. When he knew that y/n was crying he then attempted to knock down the door which he successfully did. I got in the bathroom and saw y/n on the floor blood everywhere.

I quickly kneeled in front of her and checked her pulse and thank god she's still here. I asked Nicky to call the ambulance while I covered up her cuts with my jacket to stop her blood from coming out. "Please, baby stay here with me. Don't leave me, y/n please. Please, please, please..." I got my arm wrapped around her while my other hand was holding the jacket to her cuts. I pressed my forehead against hers before I kissed it.

The ambulance came and they put her in a gurney, and Nicky volunteered to drive me to the ambulance. We followed the ambulance to the hospital, and when we arrived I quickly ran in with them but the nurses stopped me from getting in the emergency room. Nicky followed behind me afterwards and guided me to a chair in the waiting area.

"I just saw her l-lying on th-the floor with b-blood-"

"Lizzie, she's going to be alright we have to be strong for her, okay?"

"Oh god, is she going to die?"

"No! Hey, Lizzie look at me." Nicky put his thumb and index finger on my chin and make me look at him.

"She is not going to die. I know her. She's done this before, and she was strong. I'm pretty sure she'll be strong this time again."

"She's done this before? When?"

"It was a long time ago. College days. She hates school so much, and she feels like she don't belong here so she attempted to end her life at her dorm. But thanks to me I have a spare key to her dorm, I can just come in her dorm whenever I want because we're basically siblings. I arrived at her dorm, it was dark and the only light that was visible was in the bathroom. The door was slightly opened, so I went in there and she was on the floor. Just like what you saw a while ago."

I looked at my hands and my heart breaks for her. Especially, Nicky. He's probably having a hard time dealing with this again even though he looks so tough right now.

"I don't want to lose her, Nicky."

"Me too. But we won't lose her. If she leaves me I'll drag her out of the morgue." He joked which made me chuckled a bit.

"Let's just hope for the best okay?" I looked at Nicky and smiled. "Thank you for coming with me. I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't there." I gave Nicky a hug before we sat there for hours waiting for the doctor to come out of the emergency room. Nicky also texted Katie since she's her second close friend that actually cares for her. And ex girlfriend. She was already in the plane on the way here to LA when they talked. Turns out they're moving their shooting here. Maybe she's already here I don't know.

After a few hours, the doctor arrived and I immediately stand up from my seat, "Please tell me she's alive, Doc." The doctor gave a short smile and said, "Don't worry she made it. She lost a lot of blood so she need some time to recover, are you two a relative of y/l/n?"

"Uh, n-no. We're both her close friends." The doctor nodded. "Do any of you have any contacts of her relatives then?" I looked at Nicky since she never really talks about her family to me. Nicky shakes his head no and said, "She doesn't really have a good relationship with her family." "Okay then. You can go visit her in room 23B, she's not awake yet but she will soon." The doctor smiled at us as we thanked her before rushing to her room.

"Lizzie, wait up!" Nicky shouted from behind following me.

When we got to 23B, I opened the door and saw her sleeping peacefully on the bed. I slowly walked to her and saw her covered right arm. I held her hand and I felt my tears streaming down my face again as Nicky held me close to him while I sobbed again. As I calmed down I sat at the chair beside her bed still holding her hand, Nicky went out of the room to buy us some water and some snack as I just looked at girl in front of me.

"Whatever happened just know that I'm here to listen to what you're going to say. I'll always be here, y/n, okay?" My lips quivered as I took her hand and kissed the knuckles as I rubbed it with my thumb.