Chapter 14 | dan dan noodles

y/n's pov

Winn is a technician of a business company of a source magazine and also a handyman at home learned from his dad. I was surprised to see him holding a new polished door as he smiled at me.

As I got in the front door I went to hug Winn but he was about to lean in for a kiss so we just ended up hugging each other. Another thing about Winn is that he was my 'almost' boyfriend in college but I told him I was gay which he didn't mind so we just became friends even though sometimes he would still try to get me.

"May I restore thy door, your highness?" He joked which me throw my head back laughing as I shake my head.

"Yes, you may, kind sir." I went along with his roleplay as he starts attaching the door on my also fixed doorway with his tools.

After he finished attaching a new door to my apartment I asked him on a friendly dinner as a 'thank you' present for guarding my place for three weeks while I was gone and for my new door which he accepted. We decided to go to a Taiwanese restaurant called Dan Dan Noodles at Pine Crane. We ordered and catched up on each other since we haven't seen each other for so many years.

Once our orders was served, we started eating dan dan noodles partnering it with pork dumplings and a small sized taiwan beer since we still have to drive ourselves home, and drinking too much beer is not going to help us.

As I observed the place in which I didn't get to do earlier since I was too focused on talking with Winn I realized how beautiful it is here at night, we sat outside since we thought it'd be nicer out here. There were only few people walking on the streets so it's also quiet. I took another bite of some pork dumpling until I heard a loud familiar feminine laugh.

I looked around to see if it was real or was I just hallucinating but I was right. Two seats across from us is Lizzie and Aubrey sitting across each other, just the two of them. I didn't noticed myself staring for too long but Winn did so he followed my gaze to the two as he slowly nod turning to face me. He stared at me for a few seconds until he snapped me out of my gaze from them.

"Is it just me or is Y/n jealous?" He said as he laid his back on his chair crossing his arms.

"What? No- No! Winn, come on we're not even... there. Whatever. Let's go home." I finished my last bite of dumpling as I called out for the bill. I took the bill from the waiter's hand before Winn gets to grab it. I drank what's left with the beer as I stood up to go to my car but I was stopped when I glanced behind me to see Winn approaching the two on their tables.

"Winn! What the hell are you doing?" I softly shouted since I don't want anyone thinking I'm crazy. I will be if he doesn't stop.

"Heyy guys! Aha!" Winn waved at them.

"I'm sorry but do we know you?" Lizzie inquired.

"Oh, well you may not know me but you may know an old friend of mine. Hey, y/n! Come here!" He waved at me and motioning me to approach them.

I face palmed myself internally as I let out a small grin towards the two hanging out on table as I approached them.

"Y/n! I didn't know you have such a hot date." Aubrey wiggled her brows at me making me laugh and shake my head.

"Nnno... We're not dating... He's just my friend from college." I nervously chuckled before I glanced at Lizzie who didn't hide the fact that she's glaring at my friend. Is she jealous? Nah, she can't be.

I looked at Winn signaling him over to look at Lizzie in which he caught up and he immediately went along to our conversation.

"Oh, yes! Yes, y/n and I... We're just friends and I'm definitely not her type. I asked her out once but she said she was... ya know. Which is completely fine by me, okay? But..." He said stuttering the 't'.

"I do know who her type is." He looked at me with a smug smile on his face wiggling his brows as I stepped on his foot sarcastically smiling at him making him groan.

"Sorry. I definitely deserved that. Anyway, we'll be heading off now, nice meeting you two."

We waved them off as we entered my car again and drove him back to his place in a silent matter. I was filled with rage for some odd readson but I wasn't mad at Winn for doing that, I was mad thinking about Lizzie and Aubrey together. And to think that I have never seen Aubrey before although she looks familiar to me makes me feel like they're more than friends, or they're just really close.

"Look, y/n, I'm so sorry I didn't know it would be that messy." I sighed with the thought of him apologizing just because rage was taking over me.

"It's not you, Winn. It's alright."

"So then if it isn't me it's definitely... the brunette girl." He says as I rolled my eyes at him.

"They're both brunette, Winn."

"Oh well then the brunette girl who was glaring at me like she was planning a murder on me. That girl."

"Lizzie. Her name is Lizzie."

"Well, that Lizzie girl is scary as fuck."

I let out a small chuckle as I remembered how scary Lizzie can be to people when she glares. It would've been worse if she really had Wanda's powers. Hell, I would run away far away as I could.

After I dropped Winn off his house thanked me for the thank you gift and apologized for me for talking to them but I told him it was fine and that I wasn't mad at him. I then drove myself back home, my home. When I got there, I immediately showered, changed my clothes and went to sleep after a few hours.