Chapter 26 | the truth

lizzie's pov

I admired her sleeping peacefully still hoping she'd wake up sooner because I'm dying to hear her voice. Then I remembered my conversation with Eugene earlier, Ah shit we were supposed to have a family night. I called Robbie's phone to tell them that I wouldn't make it to family night. I obviously didn't tell him the real reason why or else he'll go insane. I looked at y/n again as I rubbed my thumb against her hand.

"You were right..."

"Eugene isn't happy with Robbie being back. I don't even want to be with him but I just don't want Eugene to grow up without a father. But I guess... It's okay for him to not be with his dad. He's a smart boy, definitely because of you." I chuckled before continuing.

"You're both right. I'm so stupid I should've listened to you. You're always right. Maybe if he wasn't here this would've not happened. Why did you do it? Why weren't you talking to me? I have so many questions but you don't have to answer them. I just want you to wake up now so I can hear you talk."

I went closer to her ear and whispered, "I miss you, y/n. Eugene misses you too. Please wake up..."

"I lo-"

The door opened so I turn back and saw Katie standing in front of the door looking at y/n. She then turn her gaze to me and gave me a short smile. "U-uhm, the doctor said she'll wake up soon. I can go out if you want some alone time with her-" Katie cuts me off. "No no, there's no need for that. Please just stay, I just wanted to see her and I won't be long." She then walked to the other side of the bed and sat on the bed carefully, trying not to hurt her wounded arm. I sat down again on the chair beside y/n as I watch Katie grabbed her hand and rubbed her thumb against hers. She went near her ear and whispered something. From her looks, she really do care about y/n, even though they're not romantically involved anymore. For some reason, I felt this guilt for hating on her the first time we met at y/n's place.

"I'm sorry."

"For what, sweetheart?" Katie looked at me confused. She's so nice, I feel bad for hurting her.

"When I first met you, you were... sleeping on y/n's chest. I got mad, and I was really mean to you. I'm so sorry for that. I was overreacting."

"It's okay, Elizabeth. I understand your situation, although I don't understand why you would hurt her this much. She loves you. After what you've done that night she called you, she's just completely wrecked."

"W-what call?" I furrowed my brows as I try to remember when she called me. For all that I know she never called me after out breakfast date.

"The call... three weeks ago, after I left her place she called you." I was trying to understand her but I have no memory of her calling me nor hearing my phone ring.

"You answered the phone and you were..." She stopped and looked at her fingers playing with y/n's. "I was what, Katie?"

"You were having sex w-with Robbie." My heart dropped when she mentioned him. I could swear she never called and I never answered anything. How did she... Did Robbie did this? Shit.

I snickered as I stand up from my seat and recall that night Robbie got me drunk so he can fuck me again. That fucking asshole.

"Is everything alright, love?" Katie asked.

"No... That phone call. I didn't answered that. Robbie did." I stand in front of y/n and placed my hands on the boarder. "He did it on purpose, he knew it was y/n calling. He despises her."

"I'm sorry for calling you this but you are really stupid for releasing him from the prison."

"I know. I know that now. Even Eugene thinks I'm stupid for doing that."

"Who's Eugene?"

"He's my son."

"Ohh, little jedi! Y/n always talks about him. He seems such a nice boy." I smiled with the fact that y/n talks about Eugene. "He is. He definitely got it from spending time with her. He used to scream a lot but when y/n came he's more decent."

"Yeah, y/n get along pretty well with kids. One time a kid tripped on her knees in the playground when we were walking around Chino Hills, she immediately helped her and even bought her ice cream." Katie smiled from the memory which also made me smile.

Nicky then arrived and was shocked to see the both of us getting along. We both chuckled as I helped him with the snacks he bought. Katie greeted and hugged Nicky as they start talking to each other in the couch while I took one water bottle and sat beside y/n again. I really wish she'll wake up soon.

In the meantime, I should definitely do something about Robbie. He's so sick for answering that call and making him think I answered it to make y/n jealous. Maybe that's why she did this. God, I don't even know anymore. I love y/n, and I don't know how to let Robbie leave. I'm sure he'll go crazy again, and I don't know what he's capable of doing this time around. I can't let him hurt us again, I have to keep him away from us. So it'll just be me, Eugene, and y/n again.

"When you wake up I hope you'll listen to what I have to say. I promise I'll fix this, y/n, we can be happy together again..."

"I love you."