Chapter 13 | pinky promise

When I woke up in the morning Lizzie wasn't beside me which is very unlike her because she would always wake me up everyday until what happened last night. I should probably apologize to her later, I was too selfish that I don't want to hurt my feelings but I didn't think about hers.

I got up in bed, washed my face and brushed my teeth before I went downstairs in the kitchen to find Lizzie and there she was. She was sitting on a stool in the island, reading today's newspaper, with her coffee on the counter. When I walked in the kitchen to fetch me some glass of water she put down the magazine and smiled at me, but I know there was a hint of sadness in her eyes. The eyes never lie.

When I finally got to drink my water, I stood across Lizzie who is gazing at her hands. I placed the glass on the counter and placed both my hands beside it as I tap one of my finger repeatedly. I noticed Lizzie looked at my tapping finger still keeping her head down when I stopped tapping it she took her attention away from it so I decided to start a conversation since the silence was really deafening for the both of us.

"Where's Eugene?"

"He's in his room. Aubrey's with him."

She says as she took a sip of her coffee and get back to reading her newspaper. Aubrey? Who's Aubrey?

"Who's Aubrey?" I asked gently as her gazed met mine then back to what she was reading.

"A friend of mine."

"Do I know her?"

"Maybe."

Huh. A friend. Why does she kept on giving short replies? I don't like it.

I was about to protest about her short replies when a brunette girl walked in the kitchen smiling towards Lizzie.

"Your kid's just like you, Liz. He's much cuter though." The brunette jokingly rolled her eyes as Lizzie hit her in the arm causing them both to laugh together. It was like she was a different person now compared to before she stepped in the kitchen. I felt left out again so I just took one banana that was in a glass fruit bowl to go but before I could pass the kitchen Lizzie stopped me.

"Y/n! Uhm, this is Aubrey. Aubrey this is Y/n."

I turned back facing the two of them as Aubrey walked towards me and let out a hand.

"Nice to meet you, y/n."

"Likewise." I shaked it and we both smiled at each other.

"Lizzie, I'm heading out. I won't be staying here any longer."

"Oh, is it because of me? That's okay I could just go-"

"No, no, no. It's not you Aubrey, I was actually planning to leave anyway. My door broke down and I was just gonna call my friend to fix it so you can gladly stay here."

I looked at Lizzie and gave her a grin before I turn back and went upstairs to get some things to bring home. I guess I won't be able to talk to her today, not later, it's clear she didn't want to talk to me.

As soon as I got my things, I changed to some clothes, Lizzie's clothes since I don't really have any clothes here. When I got out of the room I was about to go down when I heard a door opened behind me so I turned and I saw Eugene on the doorstep looking at me.

"Where are you going, y/n?" He pouted his lips as I let go of my small bag to kneel infront of him rubbing his arms.

"I need to get back to my place, Eugene. I have a door to fix and I'm also going back to work next week so I won't really stay here much longer."

"Can't you just stay here with mommy and I? Mommy will get sad if you're not here."

I sadly smiled at him as I cup his cute little faceand gently rub my thumbs on his cheeks as he pulled me in embrace. I hugged him tight rubbing his back with my hand as I kissed the side of his head pulling away.

"Are you saying you won't miss me?" I joked which made him widened his eyes and quickly shakes his head 'no'. I laughed which made him realize that I was only making fun of him as he playfully glared at me whilst crossing his arms at me.

"I'm sorry I have to go. Promise you'll be a good boy?"

"Pinky promise you will come back home here?"

"Pinky promise. You?"

"I pinky promise!" He let out his right pinky which made me smile as we pinky promised together.

I stand up and grabbed my small bag before I went downstairs to the entrance, with Eugene since he didn't want to let me go. When I got to the front door I called out to Lizzie that I'll be going back to my apartment. Few minutes later Lizzie came out from the living room and saw that Eugene's arms was wrapped around my hips, Lizzie looked at me who is in need of help for her to take her boy with her.

"Alright, Eugene come here, Y/n have to go."

"No!" Eugene shouted which made me chuckled a bit before I saw Lizzie's tilted head and serious face.

"O-Okay, Eugene you have to let me go, okay? Remember what we promised?" I kneeled to match his height as we looked eye to eye. I gave him a smile as he pulled me again to embrace.

"I'm going to miss you, y/n."

"Me too. But I can still visit here, okay? Now go to your mom before she gets mad at you." I whispered in his ear as I heard him gulp so hard before he went to his mom's side that made me smile.

I looked at Lizzie one more time then to Eugene as I let out a small nod for both of them before I found myself in my car. I drove back to my apartment, thank goodness my friend, Winn has been here guarding my place and also helping me to buy a new door and to fix my doorway.