Chapter 8 | kitchen

y/n's pov

We've been in the hospital for a week now since Eugene's doctor still has to monitor his brain activity to see if it's safe for him to go back home or not. Today is the day Eugene will be discharged from the hospital, but provided with a discharge plan by his doctor. The plan is Eugene should be eating only healthy foods which is not a problem since Lizzie's a pretty healthy person, and he's only allowed to do light activities such as walking slowly, lying down in the bed, helping with light chores.

After explaining the discharge plan we thanked the doctor and said our goodbyes to him.

"Will that be all, Dr. Shepherd?" Lizzie inquired.

"Yes, Mrs. Arnett. I insist you keep a close eye on your boy make sure he only do light activities. Then after a week, you can come back here so I could check up on his brain and then we'll see if he can do vigorous activities again."

Dr. Shepherd remarked as he walked us out of the hospital shaking our hands and giving a fist bump to Eugene with his chewbacca toy.

When we got in the car I insist that I drive us back to their home which Lizzie approved. The drive was quiet and peaceful. Every once in a while, I would always glance up to the rear-view mirror to look at them, only to find Eugene laying his head against his mother's arm sleeping and Lizzie looking back at me. I can't tell the look in her eyes, it's like a mixed of anger, lust, and something else.

Once we arrived at their home Lizzie invited me in, she said she needs a little help with Eugene for now and discuss about his discharge plan since she won't be meeting Robbie anytime soon.

I'm not sure what happened to Robbie now since Lizzie wasn't telling me something about it except for the fact that 'she handled it already'. That's what she said and I trust her so i'm leaving that to her.

Lizzie helped Eugene go to his room to rest before she went back down in the kitchen where i'm at, cooking basil walnut pesto linguine. I'd say i'm a very good pasta cook, it's the only thing i can cook. My mom told me one time if I'm going to live by myself I should learn how to cook atleast one food, and I chose pasta since it's very easy. Plus, mac and cheese? Hello? That's an ultimate snack, tell me otherwise.

While I was boiling the pasta on a large pot, I started chopping some onions and since I'm a 'pro' I could never be a victim of onions making almost everyone cry in the room. I am that good aha ha. After chopping the onions, I immediately heat the oil in a frying pan and added the pesto, the chopped onions, salt and pepper as I cook it for a few minutes.

"You know, you didn't have to do that." I heard Lizzie who was standing beside the island now walking towards me.

"Nah, I'm good. I haven't cooked in a while so this is a very nice opportunity for me to cook."

"Mmm, I didn't know you could cook."

"Oh, please. If i'm a good barista then i'm also a good cook."

I paused for a second before I speak again.

"I'm just kidding, this is literally the only thing I can cook. I sincerely apologize that I'm a dummy and not a good cook as you ma'm."

Lizzie laughed to my remarks as I turn off the stove for the frying pan while waiting for the pasta to boil. I started washing the chopping board and other utensils that I won't need anymore as I felt someone's arms wrapped around my waist.