Chapter 11 | oxygen

lizzie's pov

Y/n has been unconcious for the past 7 hours now. Apparently, she almost died to her death and lost some oxygen in her in which she has to breathe on breathing mask for now until she finally wakes up.

I never expected this to happened. She would've told me about Robbie, maybe she would not be in this hospital bed. Her doctor told me that she will need some time to recover the normal oxygen that a human needs, and until now she's still not awake which is making me anxious. Eugene's at home with my friend that happened to be in town so I let her take care of him since he won't be able to come and visit here due to his discharge plans.

I held y/n's hand and squeezed it as I looked at her face. She seems calm and peaceful at this moment. I like seeing her this way.

"Please, wake up, Y/n. We need you. I need you." I laid back in the chair as my eyes starts to feel heavy in which I decided to sleep in.

I don't know how many hours I'm going to be sleeping but I hope I'm awake when she wakes up.

y/n's pov

I slowly opened my eyes as I observed my surroundings only to find out I'm in the hospital. I looked to my right and I saw Lizzie sleeping on a chair beside me while holding my hand. She looks so peaceful, I would do anything to see her this way again. You know, before the Robbie thing.

I squeezed her hand once to see if she'll wake up but she seems very deep in her sleep. I tried squeezing her hand again but nope, still asleep. I gave up and just stared at the ceiling wishing to be out of this bed. I closed my eyes putting myself to sleep but not before someone opened the door to aggressively which startled me as I look to the person who entered. It was Nicky, panting.

"I am so so sorry for startling you." He whispers to not wake Lizzie up as he closed the door behind him and walked towards near me.

"What in the hell happened to you, sweetie?"

He asked as I gestured to the breathing mask hoping he'd understand what I meant.

"W-what? You can't breathe... No! No, the... breathing mask. Yes. Uh huh. Mmm. Got it. You want me to call someone to take the breathing mask off, am I right or am I right?"

I put out a thumbs up as he gestured the same to me but before he could go get assistance I asked him to wake Lizzie up, just incase she didn't want to miss anything. He went to Lizzie's side as he gently shake Lizzie waking her up as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked at me then back to Nicky then back to me as she jumped at her seat.

"She was awake and you didn't wake me up?!" She yelled at Nicky which made him put his hands up in defense.

"Okay! Okay! Easy! She was already awake when I got here. Now, she needs help with the breathing mask she wants it off, off, off."

Nicky says while he snaps his fingers along those last lines.

Lizzie called a nurse for assistance as they took the breathing mask off while checking up on my vitals. I looked at Lizzie and smiled at her as I took her hand and held it.

"She's all good, at the moment. I'll call Dr. Grey for the final check-up and so you can have a talk with her."

The nurse smiled as she walked out of the room leaving the three of us alone. I noticed Nicky glancing to me and Lizzie so I decided to question it.

"What is it, Nicky?" I asked as his eyes widened at me and placed his hands at the end of the bed as he smiled at me.

"Wha-What? What do you mean? I wasn't going to say anything."

"I know you want to tell us something. Go ahead." He crossed his arms and stared at me making me furrowed my brows together.

"Okay, yes. Is there something I should know about... you two?" He motioned to the two of us making us look at each other then back to him.

"No?"

"Lizzie, I know you two fucked in your kitchen."

"Hey, hey! No need to get personal here!" I warned him as Lizzie looked at me surprised.

"You told him?!" Lizzie yelled at me making me took a huge gulp from my throat.

"I, uh, uhm well. He asked and I answered. But no one else knows so that's alright! Right?" I looked at Lizzie as she glared at me which is very scary, by the way.

"You're lucky you're in a hospital bed right now." Lizzie sat down the chair as she crossed her arms and faced away from me.

I quietly cursed Nicky who is currently stopping his laughs from getting out as I gave him the finger. I cleared my throat as I sat myself up which caught Lizzie's attention as she hurriedly guide me.

"What are you doing? You're going to hurt yourself!" She says as she helps me sat up which made me raised my brow at her and let out a smirk in which she noticed and made her blush.

"Sorry. I don't know how many hours I've been in this bed but my back really hurts from it."

"You've been unconcious for the past 7, 8 hours? I don't know how long I've been asleep. When did you wake up?"

"I don't know. I tried to wake you up by squeezing your hand but you're such a heavy sleeper." I joked as she hit me in the arm.

"Woah, hey? Patient here." I sarcastically waved at her as she laughed at me.

"Anyway, I woke up just a few minutes before Nicky got here."

"What time did you get here?"

"I don't know like, 1:36am??? I don't know I was rushing to go here."

I looked at Lizzie who has her eyes widened and jaw opened as she covered her forehead with her hand.

"You meant to say that you woke up as soon as I fell asleep??? How did I not felt your hand squeezing mine???"

"Hey! It's alright, it's not like I was dying or something."

"Don't joke about that." She pouted at me which broke my heart so I immediately took her hand in mine and held it gently.

"I'm sorry. But what matters now is that I'm awake again and alive, yeah?"

"Yeah!!!" Nicky cheered which had me giggling.

A few hours has passed and all I did was talk to Lizzie while Nicky sleeps on the couch. Dr. Grey checked up on me as she discussed some medical things with Lizzie, telling her that I can head out of the hospital by tomorrow. All night, Lizzie and I just spent talking to each other and laughing just like before. We even watched reruns of Modern Family that was showing on the tv and it was a really fun moment for me. These past few days, I'm not really sure with what I feel towards Lizzie, but I hope I would be able to understand it soon. I think she deserves better, even Eugene. They deserve a happy and peaceful family, and I wish I could be a part of that. But since Lizzie is still married to Robbie, I don't know how I can step in. Maybe I could, as a friend. Just until I could learn about my feelings towards her I'll keep my distance away for now and take good care of her and Eugene.