Chapter 27 | three words

lizzie's pov

"I'm so sorry, Lizzie."

Those three words strucked me down and my whole world stopped.

"No... You're lying. S-She can't die!" I went pass by Katie and Nicky to go in the room, and felt my knees weakened as I held her hand. Her hands were too cold.

"Y/n, please wake up. Don't leave me here, please." Tears streamed down my face as I sobbed hard on my knees. I should've not left her alone, I should've been here to encourage her to breathe. Now this could be the end. I screamed in agony, tightening my grasp at her cold dead hands. Until I felt someone shaking my shoulders and I woke up breathing for some air, I quickly sat myself up and was faced by Nicky who is confused.

"No, no, no...." I repeatedly chanted as my breath shakes. "Lizzie, what's wrong? You're all sweaty." Nicky asked while his hands were on both of my shoulders.

"Is s-she dead?" I asked panting and I received a more confused look from Nicky. "Answer me, Nicky! Is she dead?!" I raised my voice and a familiar deep feminine voice spoke which made me look.

"Who said I was dead...? Well, unless you're talking about someone else." She was still on her hospital bed beside Katie who was sitting on a chair but now offered to get me some water which was nice of her. I scoffed at Y/n before I ran to her with a smile on my face and embraced her knowing that it was just a bad dream and she's really alive and well.

"Miss me much?" I chuckled but my smile disappeared when I was reminded what situation we're in.

"Listen, Y/n. I know you're mad at me for everything but you need to know that I-" I quickly pulled back and explained what happened in the phone call but she cuts me off. "That you didn't answered that call that night, Robbie did. It's his way of payback for me, for "stealing away his family from him." Yes, Lizzie I already know. Katie told me everything about it. I'm here now."

Katie then arrived with a cup of water and a clean hand towel for me and I thanked her as she gave me a smile and a wink. "I'm surprised you both get along now. Did you two fucked or something while I was almost dead?" Y/n joked which I responded with an eyeroll then smile towards Katie before I took a sip of my drink.

"Oh shut your filthy mouth, you wanky. Lizzie apologized to me and I have forgiven her. I understood her situation so I don't see why we still need to fight." Katie explained as she sat at the end of the bed while I sat on the chair beside Y/n.

"Is no one going to talk about the fact that Lizzie yelled at me???" Nicky teased which made Y/n laughed out loud. I missed that sound so bad.

"This is your fault, you bitch." He pointed at Y/n and pouted. "You definitely deserved that." Y/n said before she laughed hard again which made my smile widened and look at her with heart eyes.

While the two fought like children I heard Katie cleared her throat which caused me to looked away from Y/n to Katie who had a smirk shown in her face. She gestured to me to follow her in the couch and I did.

"What was that look you just gave me?" Katie smiled and looked at the woman who was in the hospital bed smiling and laughing hard teasing Nicky.

"You love her, don't you?" Katie inquired.

"W-what? What makes you think that?" I fixed my gaze on Katie and she have the 'she knows' face or whatever that is. "I heard you last night, alright? You said the 'three words' to her while she was still unconcious." I looked down and played with my fingers as Katie went closer and spoke softly so only I can hear her.

"Take her on a date."

"What?!" I covered my mouth right after I almost raised my voice again.

"What what?" Y/n and Nicky was looking at us confused but it seems that Nicky knows what we were talking about so he distracted Y/n again away from the two of us.

"Now???" I softly yelled at her as she rolled her eyes at me. "No dummy, after she got discharged here of course." My mouth shaped an 'o' when I realized what she just said. "But Nicky and I planned to leave the two of you alone for the whole day so you guys can catch up." I furrowed my brows at her as I was about to say something but Nicky beat me to it.

"I'm going to buy us lunch, who's coming with me?" Katie immediately raised her hand and I knew that was their plan. Katie took her bag and mouthed a "talk to her" to me and secretly pointed at Y/n.

Once they both went outside, the room was just pure silence. It was a little awkward because I don't know how to face her even though I literally just hugged her a while ago.

"Are you just gonna sit there and not talk to me?" I looked at her and she smiled. She let out her hand for me to hold as I walked over to her and held her hand. She moved a little so I can have space in the bed, she patted the spot and I lie down beside her.

We lied in bed together and didn't speak to each other for a few minutes, and the silence wasn't awkward this time. "I'm sorry." I looked at her with sadness and confusion. "Why are you sorry?" She placed her head on my shoulder and quietly sobbed.

I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back as she cries at the crook of my neck. Once she calmed down, I kissed her forehead and she responded with a "mmm" as she wrapped her arm around my stomach.

"Maybe stay like this until they come back?" She asked.

"Sure."