Chapter 12 | play dumb

y/n's pov

Three weeks has passed since the incident, Lizzie insist to take care of me and Eugene at her place which I thought was unnecessary since I am definitely capable of taking care of myself, plus she already have a lot on her plate but she still insist to do it.

These past few days, Lizzie has been closer to me or vice versa, sometimes after she puts Eugene to sleep she would get in bed with me and just talk to me. Nothing else. At first I thought it was just because she was friendly and nice but two nights ago we almost end up kissing if it wasn't for me who kindly rejected it and we both just laughed it off.

I mean, of course she'll get in bed with me since it's her bed after all. although i felt awkward sleeping on the same bed that one sociopath of a husband she have... had?

After Lizzie put her little boy to sleep in his room again I didn't noticed she entered the room until I felt someone plopped down beside me. I placed the book on my lap as I looked at her and she have this adorable smile on her face like a little kid.

"What?" I say returning the smile to her.

"Nothing. What are you reading?"

"A Tale of Witchcraft. Book 2 of A Tale of Magic. It's a fantasy book written by Chris Colfer. I bet Eugene would love these series."

She leaned on my side to look at the book that was on my lap before she took it and observed the cover page as I summarized the story to her. I let out a soft chuckle as I admired her green forest eyes which lights up from the night lamp on each sides of our shared bed.

"Chris Colfer? Isn't that one of the actors from Glee? That's your favorite show, right?"

I'm surprised to know that she remembers that, I don't even remember telling her myself. Lizzie and I have been like this since that week she visited our shop, she would always call me in between my work just to check up on me which is very kind and sweet. Speaking of which, I'll be working again by next week, I already checked up with Dr. Grey and she told me that it'd be fine for me to work again. I don't know why it took me 3-4 weeks to get back to work when I just lost some oxygen for a few hours.

"So how's your day?"

I furrowed my brows together with her question as if I did something interesting today. I basically just stayed at her house for three weeks now, i mean not that it's not interesting to be here but I'm confused as to why she'd asked that question.

"Uh, I'm still at your house, I cooked you and Eugene a healthy omelette in which you proudly taught me how to make one perfectly, and I'm still in your bed. Oh! and I asked Eugene if he wanted to watch Avengers with me and I wasn't expecting his answer. I am very disappointed in you, Olsen."

This time she furrowed her brows with the last part of my sentence confused. As soon as her realization hits her mouth parted wide open and lays her head at the back board as she laughed out loud.

"Oh I don't know, I just find it awkward letting my son watch me???" She let out a cringe look after making me giggle.

"Oh, please it's Avengers! It's not like you're going to let him watch Old Boy."

As soon as I said that she hit me in the arm too hard as I reached for it rubbing it. She lied back her head letting out a sigh.

"I don't think I'll be able to handle to see his reaction if he saw his own mother on an action movie."

"Why? I think he'd be pretty convinced that you're secretly a superhero 24/7. I mean have you watched yourself in those movies? Goddamn, you were hot."

I froze and panicked internally with what just came out of my mouth accidentally but I acted like it was nothing and continued reading again. But before I could do, Lizzie took my book and placed it on my nightstand as she sat up in bed crossing her legs, looking at me as I mirrored her actions.

She furrowed her brows and tilted her head which caused me to mimick her. What in the hell is this? It's like she was being Wanda right now which I find cool and ho- nevermind. Atleast she can't read my mind though. She spent already two minutes looking at me like she's waiting for the right moment to say something to me which made me shuffled in my seat awkwardly again.

"Lizzie, what are we doing?"

"Shh."

I shut my mouth and slowly nodded waiting for her to tell me what we're doing as I looked around her room. Lizzie could just tell me any moment now, instead she lied back down and acted like nothing happened. Then again, I mimicked her action and also lied beside her as she immediately turned over looking over me just like 2 seconds ago so her belly was facing the bed and her arms was supporting her.

"Lizzie, I swear if you don't tell me-"

"I like you."

I felt shivers across my spine and everywhere in my body as I heard those three words I didn't expect to come out from her mouth. From that moment, I couldn't speak or say anything towards her I just stared at her, blinking. She sadly smiled at me as she stood up and paced back and forth infront of the bed. Surely, she meant she likes me as a friend, right?

I let out a soft chuckle as I sat up in bed looking at her. "I like you, too."

With that, Lizzie made her halt as she faced me with her eyes wide open and lips parted. "Y-You like me, too?"

"Yeah? I mean you have mentioned this before. That you like me. As a friend?"

The brunette's face fell down as she looked up and covered her face with her hands as she shakes her head saying 'no' repeatedly.

"That's not... what I meant, y/n."

I furrowed my brows at her. I don't know if she was saying what I'm thinking but I don't want to keep my hopes high with this so I decided to play dumb just so I won't hurt my feelings.

"What do you mean?"

She let out a deep sigh in which I can tell is of annoyance. "Nothing. Let's just... go to sleep." Lizzie lied back down letting herself underneath the sheets as she turned off her nightlamp and faced on her side of the bed. I mimicked her actions once again, I let myself underneath the sheets, turned off my nightlamp but before I faced my side of the bed I wanted to speak to Lizzie to ease the almost angst vibe in the room.

"Lizzie."

I called but there was no reply but I know she's listening so I talked about what I'll be doing tomorrow and my work.

"I'm going back to work next week, I'll be back in my apartment and I'll get my door fixed in the morning so I'm heading out tomorrow."

I let out a 'goodnight' to Lizzie in which she didn't answer back so I faced my side of the bed and tried to sleep.

I feel bad, I know what she meant but I just don't want to hurt my feelings since she's still married. Although, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't get back with him I just felt like she would need more time I guess. I know things are gonna get worse this week, I should've just let her say it. To tell me she likes me more than a friend. I let out a deep sigh as I managed to finally drift away in my sleep.

a/n

heyyyy !
school's starting so I might not be able to update that much, i'm sorry in advance.

but thank you so much for everyone who's reading this so far ! I appreciate you and only u :,) take care of yourselves ! drink water, eat healthy and daily, i love u !

today's foods i present u:

fruit basket > 🍎🍌🍇🍓🍒🍉🍑🍍
milk n cookie > 🍪🥛
sunny side up w bacon > 🍳🥓🍴
water > 🍶

brace yourselves bc it's 'bout to go dowwwn 👀