Chapter 31 | quiet little universe

y/n's pov

Lizzie has already settled the divorce paperwork for her and Robbie, while I've been creating and producing songs on my own in my room for a few weeks now approximately half a month.

Even though I'm not a pro at these kinds of marriage/divorce things, I helped her through it. I'm just glad it's through and it's just me, Lizzie, and Eugene left all over again.

I miss that kid like crazy. I haven't visited them at their home because I'm afraid robbie would catch me and smash my bones again. But now that he's out of the way, I can see my little jedi once again. Lizzie is bringing him over to my apartment to hang out for a while, and I'm planned on taking them to a café that I haven't been to in years. kidding aha ha.

I took a little break from writing and producing to depart my room and acquire a snack from the kitchen. I'd say I've made some progress in terms of creating and producing music, though it was difficult to learn how to properly produce music rather than just recording it on my phone with my guitar.

I spent money on instruments that I could only afford, but I still hadn't spent my resignation check, so I put it to good use. I got electric drums and a squier bullet telecaster surf green fender (we weaLthY and hEaLtHy kiDs nVm) and had to learn how to play them in a week because I'm in a rush to deliver them my demo in a month. That gorgeous tiny device, which was a MIDI, was a lot of fun to play with.

I've actually created something incredibly wonderful, and the most of it is about Lizzie. I told her to wait, and because I don't know how to communicate my love for her at these times, I wrote a song about it. The majority of the demos I've made are about Lizzie, but two of them are about previous experiences. If you ask me, it's not that amusing.

My previous school experience, where my two closest friends and I were ridiculed by those obnoxious rich students or famous kids in class, even during lunch breaks. They would even call us out on the internet, making derogatory remarks about us. I initially assumed it was because we were all outsiders, but then I discovered they were only hating on my friends because of me.

People assume I'm cruel or frigid. They believe that if they speak to me, their lives would fall apart, when in truth, I'm just a bashful youngster looking to have fun with the right people. As a result, I push everybody who wants to help or be friends with me away just so they won't get tease like me, and the more people I push away, the happier I am. There are no judgments, no horrid laughters, no wailing in bathroom stalls; it's just me, myself, and I in my own quiet little universe.

Those two songs, on the other hand, are still unfinished, and I'm not sure whether I'll ever finish them, but I'm thinking of merging them together because the lyrics are somewhat comparable? Who knows, it could be good.

I got a bottle of water after finishing my snack and was ready to return to my "music station" when I sat down on my bed and grabbed my laptop and guitar. I combined the two songs into one recording, removing the main vocal track (which is me singing) but keeping the harmonies so that I may sing along with my guitar. I pushed myself backwards so my back was facing the headboard after a few minutes of arranging it, and simply thought about how I was a complete mess and a loser in high school, and now I might actually sign myself on a record label soon.

I grinned at the thought and appropriately placed the guitar on my lap before starting to play and sing along with the track. I began playing the correct chords on the guitar before taking a breath and singing a tune.

third person's pov

listen to happier than ever - billie eilish for a better experience ♪~