Chapter 2 | hermosa

y/n's pov

it has been a week since the incident with THE Elizabeth Olsen in the mall, and i haven't had enough proper sleep ever since.

i've been thinking about her non-stop. the way she hooked her arm in mine and held it, she was comfortable even if we're completely strangers.

the way she was happy when she reunited with her family, i felt this excitement in my bones, besides the fact that it's Mary-kate and Ashley Olsen. i was happy hearing her laugh and watching her smile.

when i finally got a chance to look in her green eyes in the exit room, it was like my whole world stops. it's like i never wanna look anyone else in the eyes besides hers.

part of me can't stop thinking about her while the other is telling me to just let it go.   i mean it's obvious i don't have a chance with her, a celebrity, plus she's married and a mother to a little boy.

i sigh as i get up from bed and started getting ready to work. i'm a barista on a coffee flower shop here in LA, Ángeles Café, we sell different types of coffee and also flowers, i guess that's obvious.

the owner of the shop is spanish and most of the employees are spanish, i'm not spanish but i learned spanish back in high school out of boredom. spanish is such a beautiful language, you know? it's very romantic i would say.

after college i just decided to work here for a while until i finally decide what i want in life.

honestly, i don't know what i want in life but i'm sure i'll figure it out anytime soon. i want to be a singer though, i've always want to be one since i was a little kid but i never get a chance to show it since i'm shy, and my parents don't care about what i want, they just want  me to finish college and move the hell out.

since we don't really have a required uniform besides a white top and pants, i decided to wear a white linen shirt, a casual brown high waist pants, a dr. martens 1461 bex oxfords, a multi layered personalized rose gold plated amethyst pendant layered with my grandmother's first name in it, 'marjorie', it was her birthstone, and a daisy signet ring that my grandmother used to own which she gave to me before she passed.

i waa pretty close with my grandma, she always know when and how to comfort me. she supports me in everything i want to do in life. it really hit me hard when she passed too soon.

i arrived on my morning shift like always tired from all the sleepless nights due to thinking about someone i won't have a chance with.

"well, someone's early." that's my bestfriend, Nicky, short for Nicholas. he's a raging homosexual, we both are.

"good morning to you too, Big Mouth." that's the nickname i gave him 'cause he looks like that one openly gay character in big mouth, Matthew Macdell but a latino version.

he rolled his eyes at me as he slapped my arm i mouthed 'ow' and rubbed my arm. we prepped ourselves, wore our aprons and started setting the chairs and tables.

as people started coming in we start taking orders, making coffee here and there. we were also selling flowers to the people who was ordering one for their special occassions.

lovers purchasing special flowers for their significant other, it's nice how they care but sometimes it's making me roll my eyes sometimes. maybe it's because i still haven't found mine. i don't know.

we have been working endlessly, actually we've been working for only 4 hours. my back is starting to ache but i'm used to moving a lot and working hard is basically in my veins.