Chapter 5 | line without a hook

y/n's pov

In the morning, I feel light headed from all the crying that happened last night. I looked at my clock and it's 7am. Great. 4 hours of sleep. I would usually get back to sleep but after last night's event I'm gonna have to clear my head so I decided to go to the gym, I haven't really been exercising for a while now since I get lazy easily. I checked my phone as I saw texts from Lizzie.

Hermosa ☕️
I'm so sorry, y/n. Please forgive me, | 4:34am

Hermosa ☕️
I know i'm a jerk for doing that to you, for playing with your feelings.
I should've not done that, I'm so sorry, please talk to me. | 4:36am

Hermosa ☕️
I hope you got home safe, I still want to see your face
in your shop :) | 4:36am

Hermosa ☕️
Will I be meeting you again tomorrow at your night shift? | 4:40am

Hermosa ☕️
You're probably sleeping by now, I'll leave you be now.
I love you
I mean your*
your donuts
the donuts from the shop
fuck
Sleep well
Goodnight, cutie ❤️. | 4:41am
Seen . 7:15am

Did she not sleep? God, this woman need to take it easy on herself.

I decided not to text her back since I feel like distancing myself away from her, at least for now. I got up and fixed my bed as I changed into some gym clothes. I brought my water bottle with me just incase I start to feel dizzy and dehydrated at the gym.

—after working out at the gym—

I got back home and I was pretty sweaty so I went to take a shower before I changed into a comfy home clothes again. I sat in my bed with my hair still wet as I start drying it with a towel. I was bored. I sat there thinking of what to do to waste time before my night shift which is 9 hours away from now.

I looked around my room to see if something will please my eyes. As I laid my eyes on my guitar, I took it. I figured I could write a song right now, since I got nothing to do. I sat in my bed and start playing some chords while making some tune here and there. Once I finally got a hold of it, I start writing the lyrics while listening to the tune I recorded from my phone.

After finishing writing, I decided to play it once more and record it on my phone. I titled it, Line Without a Hook (let's pretend y/n wrote the song). It's about Lizzie, for some reason I feel like she's my perfect girl. After the kiss, I felt something I've never felt before. I care for her deeply but sometimes I can get insecure about something within me that I feel like i'm pushing her further away from me. Once I get to the last chorus I start to get emotional but I managed to finish the recording.

Oh baby i'm a wreck when I'm without you...
I need you here to stay...
Broke all my bones that day I found you,,,
Crying at the lake,,.
Was it something I said to make you feel
like you're a burden?
And if I could take it all back I swear
that I will pull you from the tide...

Tears went down my cheeks as I start to remember what happened last night. It hurts me seeing her cry and I hate that I made her feel worse after raising my voice at her. "Oh, Lizzie, what have you done to me?" I started sobbing just before I heard a loud thud outside my room, I sat up confused.