1

Mias POV:
'I'm going to see Sarah, are you coming?' My brother asked me, getting up from the sofa after a moment of silence.
'Erm why?' I questioned, raising my eyebrows at him.
'I'm worried about her.' He replied.
'Look, I know you've got a good heart Top but you're not together anymore and I don't think she wants you in her shit.' I said in the nicest way possible.
'Well that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and let her get hurt.' He said, throwing me his car keys. I threw them back and continued to read my book.
'What exactly has happened that's made you feel like the hero?' I laughed lightly.
'She's fallen out with her entire family and I heard John B say that he saw Ward trying to force her onto an airplane the other day.' He replied.
'Let's go.' I said, standing up and running to the car, interested to see what was going on. We drove the few minutes through the gated community to Sarah's house, I told Topper to park outside but he ignored me, and drove straight onto the driveway. Rafe was just leaving the house, and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw us. I rolled down the window and smiled at him, and he couldn't help but flash me one back.
'What're you doing?' He snapped at Topper.
'I'm here to see if Sarah is okay, have you seen her?' He asked calmly.
'Why am I meant to know where my sister is?' He snapped.
'Rafe.' I warned. He shot me a look sideways but listened, toning down his voice.
'Last I saw of her she was running away with John B and his friends somewhere.' He said dryly.
'I forgot I can track her it's fine.' Topper said, pulling out his phone.
'Topper what the fuck?' I asked, in disbelief.
'You're stalking my sister?' Rafe scoffed.
'Why's she in the middle of the marsh? the tides coming in.' Topper asked, showing me his phone. Rafe looked over my shoulder and I closed my eyes, ignoring how good he smelt.
'Don't follow her okay? She shouldn't be there right now.' Rafe panicked, taking the keys from the house door and running to his car.
'Rafe!' I shouted after him. He didn't stop. I got out of Toppers car and ran to his.
'I really need you to get out the way right now.' He whispered.

'Let me come with you.' I begged.
'I'd love you to, but I can't let you see what's going to happen.' He replied.
'Don't do anything bad Rafe please.' I said firmly.
'I'll see you later, I'll meet you on the dock at midnight?' He asked.
'You just totally ignored my order but okay.' I said bitterly.
'Bye.' He smiled softly, and I knew it was fake. He pulled off from the house quickly and headed towards the marsh.
'What was that all about?' Topper asked, as I got back into the car.
'I was just making sure he wasn't going to kill anyone.' I shrugged.
'Mhm.' My brother said, raising his eyebrows and starting the car.
'What're you doing today?' He asked me.
'I was gonna go and see Kie but that's out of the window now that she's stuck somewhere with Rafe after her.' I laughed.
'We'll come with me to see Kelce?' He questioned, heading home.
'I'm bored of the country club now Top.' I sighed.
'Come for a drink just one?' He begged.
'Fine.' I Smiled, jumping from the car and running to get ready. It was already late evening and I knew one drink was such a lie. Our table was being saved for us by Kelce.
'Hey.' He smiled, standing up to hug me. Out of the corner of my eye it looked like I saw Rafe, but it ignored it, sitting down at the table.
'I've already ordered you guys drinks.' Kelce smiled, passing me one and my brother the other.
'Thank you.' I smiled, taking a sip. We were sat on a four person table, with a seat sat spare.
'Who are we waiting on Kelce?' Topper asked, putting his drink down on the table.
'Rafe.'
'Oh, Rafe is kinda busy right now.' Topper said awkwardly.
'Hey guys.' Rafe said, pulling the chair out besides me and sitting down.
'Hey.' We all said, and I felt the tension rising.
I shot him a look, asking if he'd found them, and he nodded, straightening his shirt and putting his hands on the table.

'I want a drink, does anyone else?' I asked after a moment of silence, standing up quickly.
'Yeah I'll come and help you.' Rafe said, rushing to follow me to the bar. I ordered my drink and stood silently, as I felt him appear besides me.
'You look hot.' He whispered, running his hand discretely along my arm.
'Rafe.' I warned.
'What? I can appreciate a good looking woman when I see one.' He smirked.
'I like you, I really do, but whatever you're doing I don't want any part in it.' I said, taking my drink and thanking the bartender.
'I don't ever intend on getting you involved in anything me or my family do. I want you to be protected at all times do you hear me?' He asked, sternly.
'Yes.' I whispered.
'That's what tonight's about.' He said, taking a second drink from the bar and walking to the table ahead of me. I waited back a second, thinking about everything he had just said.
'Are you okay?' Topper asked, as I sat down.
'Yeah I'm fine.' I smiled, shooting Rafe a look.
I was still sat at the table, and I saw Topper look over at Rafe. I tried to ignore him.
'You do look hot though Mia.' Kelce said, jokingly, mocking what he'd heard Rafe say to me at the bar.
'Shut the Fuck up.' Rafe snapped.