12

Mias POV:
We started to eat the pizza in silence, I knew he was already stressed I didn't want to say anything else to upset him. My brother had text me saying he'd taken Kelce home and he, for once, agreed with Rafe beating the shit out of someone.
'Hey my dads calling me.' Rafe whispered, picking up his phone. He stared at it for a second, before I pushed him to answer it.
'Yeah, okay, right now? Dad I can't.' He said, quickly, answering all of the questions I couldn't hear through the phone.
He put it onto speaker so that I could hear the rest of the conversation.
'Son It's safer if you leave her there, she can come back tomorrow.' Ward said.
'Dad please I just want one nice night with her, you said I was done with all of this.' He begged.
'That was before you shot Renfield, get over here.' He said, ending the call.
Rafe looked at me and down at his phone, torn between a hard decision once more.
'I'm so sorry.' He whispered.
'You can't go, I don't want to wake up in the morning and have you gone forever.' I said, pulling him closer.
'I'll be back tomorrow morning and you can come back with me and it'll all be fine I promise.' He said huskily, kissing my head.
'Rafe.' I pushed.
'Stop, let me go.' He whispered, trying to pull his arms from me. I looked up, tears in my eyes, and he shrugged me from him, before connecting his eyes to me.
'Baby I'm so sorry.' He said, picking me up and kissing me passionately.
'Then don't go.' I said in-between the kiss.
He put me down and stepped towards the door.
'Don't follow me, don't come after me, don't call me, I don't want anyone to know where you are, do you understand?' He asked sternly. I nodded slowly.
'I love you so much, I'll be back for you.' He said, closing the door behind him. I heard him explain to Topper and then the front door closed again. I put on his hoodie and curled up into a ball, as my brother burst into the room.
'Are you okay?' He asked.
'Yeah.'
'Look, let's go for a drive? I know it's late but I need to go to the shops anyway and you could do with clearing your head.' He said softly.
'Okay.' I smiled, putting on Rafe's jumper and my shoes.
We drove to the main shop on the island, and parked furthest away from the doors, just because it was so busy.
'Why is everyone here?' I asked.
'Hurricane warning half an hour ago, getting prepared, that's why we're here.' Topper said, getting a few bags from the boot and locking the car.

Me: Rafe please don't go out on the sea, there's a hurricane coming. I know you told me not to text you but I'm with Topper buying supplies. I love you

I put my phone back in my pocket and followed my brother around the shop, picking up essentials and a lot of snacks.
'If the house falls down we'll be fine with our 7 packs of crisps and our million bars of chocolate.' He laughed, taking ages on the self scan. I grabbed the first few bags and took his keys, as he told me to go and put them in the car and he'd meet me there. It was dark now, and I felt uncomfortable walking through the car park in the dark. 
I unlocked the door and put the stuff in the boot, slamming it closed just to make sure. I heard footsteps behind me and turned quickly, to see nobody there. I shrugged it off and opened the passenger seat door. Someone grabbed me, and I threw the keys onto the seat as I was dragged backwards.
I started to scream but they grabbed my mouth, pulling me into a van. My arms were tied and I was thrown to the floor, and I hit my stomach, feeling my ribs smash against the floor.
'Shut her up.' I heard a familiar voice say from the front of the van, as it began to drive away. I was hit around the head at that point, and I felt it all go black.

Rafe's POV:
My phone went off and I closed my eyes, begging that it wasn't her.
'Oh, so she's not as smart as you thought?' Carla laughed, reading the message out loud.
'She's told us where she is, let's go and get her.' Carla said, opening the front door of the house and sending a few of her men to the van.
'Don't you dare.' I spat.
'Oh Rafe is protective of his girlfriend.' Carla cooed.
'If she has any more than I scratch I will kill you all.' I said, beginning to panic. Carla just laughed, getting in the van without another word. I sat down on the sofa with my head in my hands. There was nothing I could do but wait until she got here. And it felt like a long few hours, but in reality it was only 10 minutes. After a long while of pacing and worrying, finally I saw the van appear at the front door.
'What's going on?' Wheezie asked, yawning from the top of the stairs.
'Wheeze go to bed please.' I begged, watching them open the back of the van.
'Where's Mia?' She asked.
'I'm not sure okay, please go to bed!' I snapped. She looked upset, but followed my request, heading back upstairs. They dragged her inside by her hands and my heart dropped in my chest. She was alive, barely.
They threw her onto the floor and one of the men kicked her.
'Pack it the fuck in.' I shouted, running towards him. My dad pulled me back and I fought him off, running to hit him.
'Rafe.' She whispered. I looked down at her and saw the tears in her eyes. I shot Carla's man a disgusted look before picking her up and holding her in my arms.
'I told you not to text me.' I whispered.
'I just wanted to make sure you didn't go out to sea. There's a hurricane tonight.' She spluttered. I looked over at my dad. He had told Carla I would take her out to sea to find the gold.
'I'm not going.' I said sternly.