17

Mias POV:
'No they're lying John B listen to me he's not like that.' Sarah begged.
'Well I mean he kinda is.' JJ said awkwardly.
'Rafe what are you doing?' Sarah asked.
'I'm doing this for Mia, I hate every single one of you but I can't let her be upset because one of you pogues got yourselves killed.' He said bitterly. I tried to hide my smile and rested my head on his shoulder.
'How do I get out of it?' John asked.
'I'll leave that one with you.' I said, heading back towards the car.
'Wait.' JJ shouted after me. I turned to him and he pulled me into a hug, followed me Kie, and then Pope, and then John.
'Thank you.' John whispered.
'Always.' I smiled.
'Oh nice ring where did you get it?' Kie asked.
'Oh I um, im actually engaged.' I smiled softly.
'No way!' Kie smiled, happy for me.
'To Rafe?' John scoffed.
'We're happy for you.' Sarah said, squeezing his shoulder. I said goodbye once more and got back into the car.
'Are you okay?' I asked Rafe.
'I'm fine.' He said, squeezing my hand and starting the car.
'What do we do now? I feel like we've just made it worse.' I said, resting my head on my hand as we drove around town.
'My father won't know that we told him, he knows John B was hesitant to go anyway, it'll be okay.' He said, kissing my head.
'I know, hey, can we get some food? I'm hungry.' I asked, as we drove through multiple food shops.
'Yeah what do you want?' He asked me.
'Cheesy chips.' I whispered.
'You always want cheesy chips.' He laughed, stopping the car outside of a small fast food shop I'd never been to before.
'Wait here I'll be back in a minute.' He said, taking his wallet and getting out of the car. I sat in silence on my phone, listening to the low hum of the boats on the sea and the sounds of people chatting around me. Rafe passed the chips to me through the window and got into the drivers seat, putting his foot down by my feet and driving away quickly without another word.
'What did you do?' I asked.
'Huh? Oh nothing.' He replied, driving even quicker.
'Rafe calm down you're scaring me.' I panicked.
'Nothing it's okay I just ran into some people I didn't really want to see right now.' He said, focusing on the road.

We pulled back up to his house and saw Topper and Kelce sat by the boat. I waved briefly at them but grabbed the food, following Rafe inside.
'And who was it?' I questioned him.
'Rafe, Mia, good to see you.' Ward interrupted.
'Hey.' I smiled.
'I was wondering if you'd both like to accompany us to the midsummers party tonight?' He asked. I looked at Rafe and he clutched my hand.
'Of course.' I smiled.
'Brilliant, Mia, Rose and Wheezie are gonna take you out to get a nice outfit.' Ward said.
'Thank you so much.' I replied, putting my chips down on the side and starting to eat them.
'You'll look gorgeous I can't wait.' Rafe smiled lowly.
'Don't think I'm gonna ignore what happened at the shop.' I replied.
'Babygirl it's okay it was only some of Barry's friends, come on, go and get ready.' He said, pushing me towards the stairs. I watched him carefully but chose to leave it, he wasn't hurt and he hadn't gotten into a fight so it didn't matter. I headed up to his room and had a shower, it felt like the first one in days but with all the pain my chest had been causing me I didn't feel like I could manage it. I peeled the bandage from my stomach and looked down at my disgusting bruises. I washed myself as carefully as possible and did my hair last, knowing that would be the easiest to do. When I got out, I freshly wrapped them and made sure they were covered.
'You look pretty.' A voice said behind me. I jumped, even though I knew it was only Rafe.
'I'm scared I'll look gross tonight.' I replied.
'Baby you could never, and besides, the cuts and bruises from your face are completely gone, and nobody will be able to see your ribs, and if they can, I'll be having words.' He joked, trying to make me feel better.
'Are you gonna come?' I asked.
'I want it to be a surprise.' He smiled.
'And you won't be doing anything stupid whilst I'm gone?' I asked, as he helped me put on my shoes.
'I could never.' He smirked, kissing me and carefully moving my hair to the side.
'You all ready?' Rose smiled as we met her at the bottom of the stairs. I nodded and Wheezie grabbed my hand, taking me excitedly to the car. We chatted all the way to the shops and stopped off at a cute boutique which I'm sure the Cameron family spent a lot of money in.
'So wheeze what colour are you going for?' I asked her.
'I really want a dark blue dress.' She smiled.
'That'll be so pretty.' I replied, looking through all of the beautiful dresses.
'What about you?' She asked.
'I'm not sure, me and Rafe are meant to match but he's not even given me an idea of what colour to wear.' I replied. Just at that moment I got a text, and I smiled to see it was from him.

Rafe: I want to see you in the most beautiful red dress babygirl, i can't wait to see you later😍🥵

I put my phone back in my pocket and headed towards the red dresses.
'Do you want like a flowing one or a puffy one orrrr?' Rose asked, pulling out dresses to show me.
'That one!' Wheezie shouted, making us all stop and look at the dress on the rack in the window.
'It's beautiful.' I smiled
'Try it on!' Rose pushed, taking it down and passing it to me. I took it into the dressing room and slowly put it on, before looking at myself in the mirror.
'Wow.' Wheezie said, peeking her head around the curtain.
'Do you like it?' I smiled.
'I love it!' She exclaimed. Rose came in too and clapped her hands.
'You look so beautiful that's the one!' She smiled, hugging me softly.
I took it off and we paid for it, whilst Wheezie was trying on blue dresses.
'Wheeze I feel like you need to try this one on.' I said, taking her a long blue dress that flowed perfectly at the legs.
'I LOVE IT!' She exclaimed, twirling around in it.
'Is that the one?' I asked.
'It's the one.' She smiled.
'See we're perfect for picking out eachothers dresses.' I laughed.
'Gosh you're so easy to shop for.' Rose laughed, paying for the heels and taking the bag from the counter.
'Send a photo to Rafe!' Wheezie said.
'No no, he wanted it to be a surprise, but let me show Ward.' Rose insisted, looking through the Photos she'd taken earlier and sending one to him.

Rose: this is Mia's dress! Don't you think it's beautiful

Ward: WOW! I'm so happy for Rafe, show me Wheezies dress 👗

Rose: this is Wheezies dress!

Ward: she's so grown up! Tell them both I said they're perfect x see you in an hour

'This is gonna be the best party ever.' Wheezie smiled hugging me again.