47

Mias POV:
I managed to avoid everyone at the shops, I did see Kie in one of the aisles but I hid in the toilets until I was sure she was gone. It did, as promised, only take me 45 minutes to get the shopping and I was home within the hour. I was worried about Rafe, I loved him and he said he loved me. But I knew what it was like in an addicts brain. They can't change for someone else, they need to do it for themselves. And he wasn't showing any sign of that, it just made him more secretive and that was the complete opposite of anything I ever wanted to come of us. I pushed the thought from my head as I pulled up at the house, still in awe that it was all ours. I was guilty that it was bought with stolen gold, but that was not my worry anymore. John B had done me wrong, and I had my family to worry about. Rafe met me at the door, our gorgeous little girl in his arms. He was cradling her and letting her pinch at his fingers. That was when I realised no matter how many times I thought it would be better, I couldn't give up. Maybe she was the one, maybe our little baby was the one who would stop him killing himself.
'Take her and rest, I'll unpack the shopping.' He said, coming around to the drivers side and opening the door for me.
'Have you been a good girl for daddy?' I whispered, kissing her on her head and taking her from his arms. His eyes fluttered up and down my body and he let out another smile, watching as I took her inside and sat on the sofa.
'Milas been sleepy, waiting for mummy to come back.' Rafe said, putting one of the bags down on the kitchen side and heading outside to get the rest. I let her latch onto one of my boobs and softly rubbed her head, giving her all of the support that she needed. I began to drift and was only awoken again when Mila let go of me, curling up into my neck. I smiled and pulled my bra back up, laying down so that we were in a more comfortable position.

'Did you bump into anyone?' He asked me.
'I saw Kie, but hid from her until she was gone.' I replied.
He furrowed his eyebrows at me.
'Why?'
'It's not that I'm hiding or anything, I'm just way too exhausted to deal with outsiders right now.' I yawned, fiddling with Mila's little socks.  I loved how tiny she was, how a human this small could resemble two, bigger people. She was perfect, just like her dad. I just hoped he was able to be perfect for her, the dad she needed, and wanted to love.
'Come on, let's get you both to bed.' He whispered, grabbing my hand. I shook my head and Mila also began to stir. He sighed and took her from my hands, putting her in the cot just besides the sofa. He then pulled me ontop of him, so I was on my back. My stomach was still sore, and so he avoided touching it.
'We can sleep down here.' He whispered. I rolled onto my side and instantly winced, catching one of my stitches.
'Hey hey, you're okay, there's a tiny bit of blood.' He whispered, getting some tissue and plasters to wipe it away. Once he had done so, he shut the curtains and locked all windows and doors, settling down with me once more. It was a big house, and whilst it felt like home, the height of the ceilings and the width of the rooms scared me a little. I had a baby to protect now. He sensed this, pulling me closer and kissing the nook of my neck.
'Thank you.' He whispered.
'What for?' I asked in response.
'For not giving up on me, and for giving me this beautiful baby girl.' He replied, rocking her cot slowly with his foot.
'The beautiful part comes from you.' I whispered, kissing his nose. My phone dinged and I told him to look at it, not having the energy to even open my eyes.
'What the Fuck?' He whispered, trying to hide his anger.

JohnB🏄🏼‍♂️: Jj told us about your little girl!! Congratulations

Sarah: yeah congratulations to both of you guys really, I can't wait to meet her. My little niece <3

Kie: why didn't you tell me you were at the shops! Idve gotten it for you. I had no idea you'd literally just come out of labour.

JJ: I'm so sorry I couldn't NOT tell them, it slipped out. I'm so happy for you, Rafe, not so much, you, I'm so happy for.

Pope: a Pogue baby 💪🏻💪🏻🤪🤪

'Look I'm sorry okay, I didn't want to tell him but it just slipped out and he wouldn't leave me alone.' I whispered, not knowing exactly what I was saying.
'Why did he say, he's happy for you and not me?' He asked, completely skipping past the real reason he had to be angry. I shrugged, closing my eyes again.
'That mother Fucker needs to stop tryna guide you onto his dick. You're mine.' He said, extremely passive aggressively.
'I know, you know that too. So that's all that matters.' I whispered, running my hand along his jaw. His face softened just for a second, but he slipped back into the mood he was in before, and I could see he was overthinking everything.
'You're a dad now you can't be beating the shit out of people I know what you're thinking.' I sighed, reading his mind.
'I'm protecting my girls.' He replied, tapping on the table.
'Please Rafe.' I begged, forcing him to look at me. He kissed me passionately then, almost making me believe he'd behave for one second. 
'Yeah.' He replied hoarsely, rubbing my head to send me to sleep. I didn't budge, because I know what happens the second I close my eyes. I've been there before.