48

Mias POV:
'Hey, there's a party tonight at the country club, we don't have to go if you don't feel up to it but I thought it'd be nice.' Rafe smiled, putting a plate of breakfast in front of me.
'Yeah, of course, we need to find someone to look after Mila though.' I replied, picking up the fork and beginning to eat.
'I've found us a babysitter, don't worry.' He assured me, kissing my shoulder and wrapping his arms around me from behind.
'If you're sure.' I whispered. He let go and glared at me, trying to figure out what I had meant, but when he couldn't, he just sighed and sat down on the sofa, still watching me closely.
'We don't have to go if you don't feel well, are you still sore?' He asked worriedly, turning the tv down so he could speak to me.
'No no, I'm fine.' I smiled, putting the plate in the dishwasher and heading upstairs to check on our baby. The door was closed, which was odd, as id left it open. I assumed it was the wind and opened it, to see a figure standing besides the cot, holding her.
'She's got beautiful eyes, just like her mother.' Ward said, looking down at our baby.
'Rafe, you never told me your father was here.' I shouted, too hoarsely that i don't think he heard me. Ward put Mila down quickly and rushed to me, covering my mouth and pushing me against the wall. I closed my eyes as I felt tears begin to form, trying to stay calm.
'You know what I want.' He said softly, the way he spoke to calm freaked me out more than the fact he was in my house. I shook my head, confused, genuinely not knowing what he meant.

'You know where John B is don't you? I need you to tell me where he is.' He muttered, pressing harder on my throat.
'Mia? Are you okay up there?' Rafe shouted, from the bottom of the stairs. Ward raised his eyebrows at me, begging me not to say a word.
'I spoke to Rafe a few days ago and he's still telling me he doesn't know where he is, I know my son, he won't break, but you? You might just work.' He said, stopping my breathing even more. I clutched onto the door handle and Mila began to cry. Ward knew that Rafe would be up in any minute and he was beginning to panic.
'I don't know where he is.' I sobbed, through small breaths.
'He has what I need. Tell me where he is.' He said, as Rafe's steps got closer.
'I don't know.' I said, closing my eyes once more.
'You liar!' He shouted, slamming me hard against the wall and letting me drop.
The door slammed open and I saw Rafe begin to panic. I was on the floor and Mila was in her cot, inches away from Ward, and for the first time he had to chose between being a father or being a fiancé.
He ignored his father completely until he'd picked up Mila, looking at her with regret for a few seconds before walking towards me.
'You're safe baby, don't worry, I don't want you to see this.' He panicked, helping me up from the floor and taking me into our room, planting a kiss on both of our heads before leaving in a hurry. Mila had calmed down now and I snuggled her closer, trying to avoid the pain all over my body.

Rafe's POV:
'What the fuck are you doing here? You didn't even know Mila was born so why was the first place you came to her room?' I asked, trying to piece it all together but it made less sense each time I thought about it.
'It was the only room with a cracked open window, she's a delight isnt she? Just like her mum.' My dad smirked, looking at the empty cot. I took a deep breath and grabbed him by the collar, holding him up against the wall he had my fiancé on a few moments before.
'Whatever you want, you come to me, okay? You don't touch my family.' I spat, trying not to let my anger take over completely and strangle him right here.
'Look at you, family man Rafe Cameron, you're still doing pot are you not? Not to mention the pills.' He said, I could tell he was struggling to stay composed, being the one pushed against a wall.
'I'm off of it actually, it's been hard but I made a sacrifice for my family.' I replied, letting him go and watching as he went to sit in the chair in the corner of the nursery.
'Are you implying that I don't?' He scoffed, putting one leg over the other.
'You strangled the love of my life and tried to kidnap my baby, for what? For some information about John B. You're just jealous that his dad was more than you'll ever be.' I whispered in return, reaching into my back pocket and loading the gun that I had with me.
'You'd not use that on me.' My father laughed, standing up and taking a step closer.
'Maybe not, not until today. But you stepped inside of my family home and put your hands on my girl and I can't forgive you for that.' I said bitterly, holding it up to his head and not feeling any remorse at all.

'Rafe? Mia? Are you here? I heard about Mila I can't wait to meet her!' Wheezie shouted from downstairs. I quickly hid the gun in my back pocket and took a deep breath, stepping backwards and gesturing to the door.
'Get the fuck out, and if I ever see you near my house again, I will fucking shoot you.' I warned.
'Don't threaten me son, I'm the best in the game.' He said, shaking his head and tapping his nose.
'Maybe once upon a time, but make a move like that and suddenly, I'm the best in this business. Leave my house and if you touch either of my girls again, I will murder you, and I think I'd actually enjoy it.' I said, watching him to make sure he left the house, slamming the door hard as he did so.
'Hey wheeze up here! Give us a second though
Mias just breastfeeding!' I lied, going into the bedroom to check on her. She was scared, still shaking, tears silently falling from her eyes.
'Hey, I'll tell Wheezie to come back later, you don't look good.' I said sympathetically, my hand already on the door.
'No, I want Wheezie to meet her. I'm okay, just a little bit shook.' She said , shaking her head and taking a deep breath, kissing Mila on the forehead.
'Twenty minutes and then I'll get Rose to take her out, she can buy some stuff for her room, she can't live with him anymore.' I said, beginning to panic about what Wheezies future would look like if she didn't leave.
'Oh absolutely she needs to move in tonight. You're good, you know, you really are.' She smiled, letting me wrap my arm around her and lead her downstairs.
'You're so strong and I'm sorry you ever had to put up with it.' I said, my heart breaking at the sight of the destruction I had caused.
I was the one who broke her heart, but slowly, I was trying to piece it all back together again.

THE END

A/n hey guys thank you so much for reading this story!! I loved writing it, I'm going to plan to write another OBX book soon WITHOUT the pregnancy and a little more toxic, so let me know if you want me to write about Rafe again or a diff character. Thank you so much x🫶🏻
Update: IVE GOT A NEW RAFE STORY OUT NOW