39

Mias POV:
I got out of the car and stood, watching as he drove away. He thought I was stupid but I knew the road he was taking led exactly to Barry's house. I didn't want to be living in a money stolen home. I tried to ignore my thoughts though, and headed towards the bar where I knew everyone would be.
'Oh hey! Didn't think I'd see you this soon.' Topper smiled, opening his arm to give me a side hug.
'Yeah uh, Rafe's gone to see Barry.' I said in a quiet voice.
'Why?' Topper asked, ruffling his eyebrows.
'I told him I was worried about how little we'd both prepared, that we're going to have a family soon and don't have a home, and he darted off.' I shrugged.
'You know you're more than welcome to stay with me silly.' My brother exclaimed, putting his drink down and leading me through the main lobby out of the back, where the tennis courts were. I saw my dad but I tried not to make eye contact, as Topper pointed out a house on a hill.
'That one's for sale there, beautiful cottage and I bet it's cosy too, and I know it's not too much either.' He explained.
'Really?' I asked, shocked he knew all of this.
'Oh yeah, and it's only 5 minutes away from my place. So I can see you all the time.' He smiled.
'I bet the views are nice.' I said looking up at it.
'So pretty.' He agreed.
'Just ignore him.' Topper said at once, grabbing my head to take me back towards the bar. I was confused, until I felt the presence of someone else behind me.
'Didn't expect to see you down this side of town so soon.' My dad said.
'What's that meant to mean?' I questioned.
'Well i thought you'd be slumming it out with the pogues since you've missed them so much.' He replied. I rolled my eyes and continued to head inside.
'He doesn't know about me yet, does he?' He shouted after me, meaning Rafe.
'Of course not he'd fucking kill you.' I laughed.
'Yeah I'd like to see him try.' He said bitterly.
'No I, genuinely, you don't want to.' Topper stuttered, agreeing with me. I nodded softly, hinting the conversation was over, and heading inside.
'Give me one moment, I just need to go to the bathroom.' I smiled, telling my brother I'd meet him back at the bar.
I stood in front of the empty mirror, and took a deep breath. I trusted Rafe with all of my heart but i wanted our future to be built off of love, not drugs.

Rafe❤️: I'm done

Me: come to the country club please

Rafe❤️: okay baby, is everything alright?

Me: it will be,, I just need you to be honest with me.

I put my phone back in my pocket and went to the bar, telling my brother Rafe would be coming to get me soon so I wasn't staying for much longer.
'I don't want you staying in my house anymore!' I heard the familiar voice of my father shout behind me.
'I think you'll recall, it's actually Topper's house.' I replied.
'Well he's kindly invited me to live there again, and I don't want you and a noisy baby ruining my sleep.' He spat. I saw Rafe slam his car door shut and make his way into the front of the country club. I looked at my brother and he looked at the floor.
'You're letting him stay there, whilst I'm around?' I asked.
'He had nowhere else to go.' Topper argued.
'He left us for years and now you're worried about him?!' I laughed.
'What's going on?' Rafe asked, wrapping his arm protectively around my body.
'Nothing Rafe don't worry.' I smiled, putting my hand on his chest and trying to make him head towards the car, he didn't move.
'Who are you?' He asked my dad, stepping closer to him.
'Oh don't you know?' He laughed.
'Inform me.' Rafe spat.
'I'm your fiancés father. Didn't she tell you I was back in town?' He chuckled. Rafe shot me a look before turning his attention to the man infront of him.
'No she didn't.' He whispered.
'We had abit of an altercation before you went away you see.' He shrugged.
'Altercation?' Rafe asked me.
'He hit her.' Kelce interrupted. Me and Topper span to look at him, angrily.
Rafe grabbed him by his collar and pushed him to the floor.
'Rafe come on we're going.' I said, grabbing his arm. He softly moved me to the side, getting down to my dads level.
'Touch her again and I promise I will kill you.' He whispered.
'Your threats mean nothing to me.' He laughed. Rafe smacked him, standing up and stepping back to look at his bleeding nose.
'Oh yeah? We'll see.' He replied, kicking him in the chest and grabbing my hand. I followed him to the car, not even looking back, but making a mental note to apologise to my brother when we got home.