2

Mias POV:
Rafe stood up and pushed his hands hard into the table.
'Rafe!' I heard his dad shout from his table. Rafe turned to look at him and I saw them exchange looks before he tucked in his chair.
'I'll see you all later.' He said, taking his jumper from the back of his chair and going to sit with his family.
'That was weird.' I whispered.
'I told you he's got a thing for you.' Topper replied.
'Yeah and Kelce has a death wish.' I laughed. It started to get late, and the boys were staying out, so they walked me home before heading off to the beach for a drink.
'I'll be home soon, leave the key under the doormat otherwise I'll lose it at the beach.' Topper said, handing me his jumper that he didn't want to take with him.
'Will do, see you later.' I smiled, putting the spare key under the doormat and heading inside, locking the door straight away. I threw my brothers jumper onto the chair and looked at the clock. It was 11:51 already.
'Shit.' I whispered, throwing on a random jacket that I found and heading out of the back door, latching it.
I ran to the dock at the end of the Cameron's house and sure enough, Rafe was there.
'I was starting to think you'd not be here.' He smiled, trying to hide how happy he really was.
'You know me, never on time.' I laughed, sitting opposite him on the bench.
'I need to talk to you.' He said, looking behind me and towards his house.
'I figured.' I replied, trying to lighten the mood.
'Mia this is serious.' He whispered, making sure nobody was around.
'I love you.'
'W-what?' I stuttered, taken aback.
'I've always loved you. I've hated this friendship group for years, having to pretend that's all I want with you. But it's not.' He added.
'I- I feel the same way.' I said, a smile creeping onto my face.
'But I don't want you to get hurt by me or by what I need to do.' He said, taking my hands in his.
'Rafe what do you mean?' I asked.
'I've had to do some bad things, for my family, and it'll only get worse.' He whispered.
'I can help you, you don't have to do it Rafe.' I begged, remembering how bloody his hands looked earlier and how shifty he looked leaving his house.

'You won't get involved, okay?' He asked. I nodded, but we both knew that was a promise I wouldn't keep.
'I don't want you to kill anyone Rafe I don't want you to hurt anyone.' I whispered, looking at his boat.
'I already have, but I promise that doesn't make me a bad person.' He begged.
'Rafe I don't know if I can do this.' I panicked, backing away from him. He took a deep breath and held his head in his hands before looking at me once more.
'I've never been loved, not really, my dad literally worships Sarah and he uses me for all of his work, you know that right?' He asked. I nodded.
'I want to make him proud, I want my own father to love me.' He said, voice breaking. I moved closer to him and buried my head in his chest, cuddling his waist.
'I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I feel how I feel but I cannot stay away from you. At first I thought the best thing to do was to leave you alone to keep you safe but I can't. I need you.' He said huskily.
'I'm glad you did.' I whispered.
'My feelings Just kept coming and coming and it felt like a tsunami and I knew I couldn't let someone else have you.' He rambled.
'Rafe.' I said. He looked up, snapped out of his thoughts.
'It's okay, it's all okay.' I smiled.
'Stay over tonight?' He asked.
'Are you sure that's not too soon?' I questioned.
'It's never too soon when you don't have unlimited time.' He replied, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.
There was a crash on the boat and his face dropped, as he turned back towards where the noise had came from and jumped down onto the boat.
'Listening into conversations we shouldn't are we?' He asked, pulling out his gun.
'Rafe.' I warned.
'I'll kill you.' He snapped.
'Rafe!' I shouted. He turned back to me and put his gun back in his pocket once he saw the fear in my eyes.
'Leave it please.' I whispered. He took my hand again and walked back to the house, turning back to check every once in a while.
'Dad there's someone on the boat.' Rafe shouted, as he walked into the house.
'I'll check it out, oh hey Mia you staying over?' Ward asked.
'If that's okay.' I replied.
'That's absolutely fine. Join us for breakfast tomorrow?' He smiled.
'Sure.' I said, heading upstairs.
'Hey wheeze!' I shouted, walking past her bedroom.
She opened the door and hugged me, nearly knocking me over.
'Hey! Come and play a game with me later? And I want to show you all of my crystals.' She smiled.
'We might be abit busy wheezy.' Rafe said from his bedroom.
'No don't listen to him, of course I will.' I smiled, watching her run back into her room.

Rafe closed the door behind me and I watched him carefully as he put the gun into his wardrobe.
'So what now?' I asked him.
'What do you mean?'
'With us?' I questioned.
I was sat on the edge of the bed, and he got closer, putting both of his hands besides my legs and leaning closer to me, until i was laying flat on the bed.
'I want you, I want you to be mine.' He whispered, moving his hand up to my face. I closed my eyes and listened to him, as he got closer to me.
'Look at me.' He ordered. I opened my eyes and he smiled, kissing my head.
'What?' I laughed.
'You're gorgeous.' He replied, getting off of me and getting changed, taking off his shirt and his trousers.
'I- um,' I stuttered, not knowing where to look.
I stood up and started to do the same, before realising I didn't have any clothes to change into.
'Rafe, I don't have any clothes with me.' I said, standing still in my bra and thong.
'I'll get you some, but you look sexy like that.' He said, stepping close to me. He moved one of my hands to his chest and I felt my heart begin to speed up, as he moved his hand around to my back, clutching and then slapping my bum hard.
'Rafe.' I whispered.
'Mhm?' He asked.
'I haven't, ever.' I began, not knowing how to put it.
'We don't have to if you don't want to.' He whispered, removing his hand.
'No, I want to, I just, wanted to let you know.' I said putting his hand back where it was.