46

Mias POV:
I didn't really feel too pleased having Rafe still in the hospital, high, around out baby, but I knew kicking him out wouldn't help him, or me. I needed him. I tossed and turned all night but finally got some rest, waking up in the morning with my stuff packed away.
'I can go?' I yawned, asking a nurse.
'Once you've eaten this toast yes.' She smiled.
I took it from the plate infront of me, taking small bites as I went through my phone. The only people who knew I'd gone into labour were Ward and my brother, of course Barry, and possibly Wheezie too, but I wanted to make sure we got to tell everyone else. Shame I couldn't hang under the radar for long.

JJ🏄🏼‍♂️: hey where are you? Are you okay?

Me: J, Im fine Why wouldn't I be?

JJ🏄🏼‍♂️: I'm just checking princess I've not heard from you in a while. Still no baby??

Me: Well.. about that..

I sent him a photo of our beautiful baby girl but made him promise not to tell anyone. Rafe wouldn't be happy if he knew the first person I went to was JJ, but he asked if I was okay, I couldn't just lie. I turned my phone off and put it in my baby bag, I packed everything away as Rafe sat in the corner of the room, cuddling our daughter, I stopped for a second and watched him, smiling at his warm and gentle he actually was.
'I'm ready.' I said softly, he looked at me, smiling and getting up from his chair.
'Here, I'll grab your bags. You just take Mila.' He said, kissing my head and passing our baby softly to me. I couldn't get over how pretty she was, I know I'm bias because she's my little baby but she really was the perfect mix of us both. I just hope she didn't get Rafe's temper. I put her down in her car seat and hooked the handle over my arm, following my boyfriend out of the hospital.
'So who knows?' He asked me, unlocking the car.
'Just my brother.' I replied.
'Not even any of the pogues?' He asked, eyebrows raised.
'No of course not.' I said quickly, I thought he was onto me but I think he was only curious, as he opened the door and put my stuff in. I strapped Mila's seat into the car and got into the passenger seat, taking a deep breath. I know I had time to prepare and we had everything we needed at home but I didn't believe I was now a mum.
Rafe closed the door and started the car making me snap out of my thoughts.
'Home time?' He asked.
'Home time.' I replied. I was exhausted and just wanted to go and rest, and cuddle my baby girl but I knew Rafe's father would have other plans.
'Hey, can we just keep it on the down-low for a couple of days? I know you're excited for Wheeze and Rose to meet Mila but I just want to have time with my family.' I asked, almost nervous.
'Yeah no that's fine, I won't say anything and if anyone asks, you're still in hospital.' He smiled, reaching over and grabbing my leg.
I turned to look back at Mila just to check she was fine.
'She's okay princess, relax.' Rafe whispered subtly, reading my mind.

'I'm scared.' I said, honestly.
'You don't need to be scared, you're a mum for a reason and you'll be a good one at that.' He replied. I raised my eyebrows at him and he jokingly slapped my thigh.
'If it's the drugs that's making you talk like that keep taking them.' I joked, realising I had taken it too far as soon as I'd said it. His face dropped and I saw his jaw clenched for a second, but he didn't say anything.
'Rafe I-' I began.
'Stop talking, please.' He replied, angrily.
'Excuse me?' I laughed.
'Princess, please?' He asked, begging me this time. I sat back in my seat and looked ahead at the road, ignoring him for the rest of the journey. I was excited to get home, sleeping in a hospital bed wasn't fun and I partly wished we'd had a home birth, but I knew I wouldn't have been ready.
'I'll get the bags.' Rafe said quietly, getting out of the car before me. I rolled my eyes and walked around to Mila's door, unstrappimg her and carrying her to the house.
'You're such a good girl well done on your first car trip Mila.' I smiled, raising the pitch of my voice and letting her squeeze onto my finger. I unlocked the door and threw the keys onto the kitchen counter, turning back to watch Rafe bring everything inside.
'The house is pretty empty baby I'll go to the shops.' I smiled, kissing Mila on the head and rocking her back and forth.
'Don't be silly I'll go.' He replied, shaking his head and looking me up and down.
'No, I'll go, please?' I asked. He watched me for a second before nodding, holding his arms out to grab Mila.
'Cuddle her for me?' I asked, putting my head on his shoulder.
'Orrr you can stay and we can all cuddle together?' He smirked.
'I'll be as quick as I can, we need some food.' I laughed, also relieved he was over his mood, I didn't want to upset him but I he needed to understand that his drug use had upset me way more than that one comment ever could upset him.

'Half an hour?' He asked me.
'Forty five minutes and then I'm allll yours.' I smiled, leaning up towards him and kissing his lips softly.
'She's a quiet baby isn't she?' Rafe asked, watching as Mila yawned and crossed her arms over eachother.
'Yes well let's not jinx it.' I laughed, kissing him once more and taking the car keys.
'If she needs feeding, there's formula in the cupboard.' I shouted.
'She doesn't want formula she wants mummas boobies and I don't blame her for it.' He replied. I laughed, ignoring him and getting into the car, praying that I didn't see anyone I knew in town.