45

Mias POV:
I was so sleepy and ready to go home but they didn't let me, Rafe tried to make sure I was as comfortable as possible at the hospital but I wanted to be in my own bed. He was itching to get out, I knew he didn't look hospitals but he looked agitated, like he had somewhere to be.
'What's wrong my love?' I asked, leaning over the bed to grab his hand.
'Huh? Nothing.' He replied, shaking his head softly.
'Rafe you seem distracted.' I whispered softly.
'I just want my girls home.' He smiled.
'Well you can go home tonight if you want? Go and get a shower, sleep in your own bed. I'll be fine I promise.' I assured him.
'No no, I'll sleep right here.' He replied, signalling to the sofa he was sat on.
'Oh don't be stupid, get into bed with me at least.' I smiled holding my arms out to him. The sheets had been changed and I'd been moved from a hospital bed into a normal double bed. He made sure he was careful and laid besides me, moving me so I was able to put my head comfortably on his chest.
He put his hand into Mila's bed and smiled, kissing my forehead.
'This is all I need right here.' He whispered. I drifted off to sleep once more but felt Rafe's hand leave mine. I assumed he had gone to get some food, or go to the toilet, so I didn't wake up, I let myself sleep, keeping my eyes closed and waiting until the noises of the hospital monitors disappeared again.

Rafe's POV:
I let go of her hand, leaning over to kiss Mila on the cheek. I headed to the door and opened it as softly as I could, rushing from the hospital. I needed to see Barry. My hands were shaking and my body was going into a full shutdown. I had lied about not doing drugs, I couldn't withdraw from them completely and I needed another fix before I went insane.
He was outside in the carpark, leaning against his car and rolling a blunt around in his hand.
'Classy this is.' He teased, flicking it to me. I caught it and lit it instantly, putting it to my lips and feeling the rush of relief it always seemed to give me.
'When are you gonna tell her?' Barry asked me.
'Soon, I just need to be a good dad and a good boyfriend first.' I said, shaking the thought of admitting the continued drug use from my head. She'd be so disappointed, she thought she was helping, and she did in a way. But not enough. I stood in silence, savouring every single last bit.
'Look for the sake of you and for the sake of Mia I'm not giving you anymore. You're hooked on it Rafe.' Barry said, causing me to snap my head on his direction.
'What?' I laughed.
'Don't make a scene it's the middle of the night and we're in a maternity carpark.' Barry warned.
'You can't just stop.' I said, through gritted teeth.
'You're ruining your one chance of the perfect family, I would do anything to be in your shoes right now.' He said jealously.
'Well then take over because fuck me it's not as easy as you think it is!' I shouted.
'It'll be a lot easier if you stopped doing drugs and fucking your girlfriend around. I don't know how she's stuck with you and I don't know why she's stuck with you but don't let her go because once you do she'll never come back.' He said angrily, opening his car door and slamming it shut, starting the engine. He rolled down his window and I lent against it, looking inside.
'I will be back tomorrow. Okay?' I said, in demand.
'No, you won't.' Barry replied, driving off. I kicked his back wheel as he drove away and lent against the wall instead, finishing the blunt I was smoking. If he really refused to give me anymore I was going to have to enjoy the one I had until I could find some more. 

Mias POV:
I woke up to the smell of weed wafting through the window. Rafe was gone and I felt sick, he was lying to me again. I tried to get out of bed to close the window but I couldn't, so I laid still until he came back. There were arguments outside, and I knew it was Rafe and Barry. Barry was a good man, but working with Rafe never did him any favours. I heard the car drive off and Rafe cursed under his breath, leaning against the wall. It went silent again and I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. 10 or so minutes later the door opened and I looked up at him, watching him as he moved back towards me.
'Are you okay?' He whispered softly.
'Close the window, it smells like weed, you could've smoked it somewhere else.' I snapped bitterly.
'Mia.' He stuttered.
'I don't have the energy to argue Rafe. You promised you'd stop lying to me and yet that's all you continue to do. Close the window.' I ordered.
'Mia I'm trying to be good for you.' He said breathlessly, running his hands through his hair. He was stressed, this happened when he was high. The tiniest things caused him the highest amount of anger and so I had to be careful with my words, it was the middle of the night in a hospital.
'I fell in love with you, not you on drugs.' I sighed.
'But that's not true, we both know that's not true.' He said, pacing.
'Rafe, sit here.' I said, patting the side of the bed. He sat besides me, bouncing his knee up and down.
'See it's not good for you, it does you nothing good. I need you to quit, seriously.' I said, raising my eyebrows. He nodded and I grabbed him by the face, forcing him to look at me. His eyes were wide now and he was smirking, the look on my face didn't change.
'Please Rafe, I gave you one last chance, don't blow it the day our baby girl is born.' I whispered.
'Okay.'
'Okay?' I asked.
'I will try for you.' He said, kissing my nose.
'No you won't try, you will, okay?' I replied firmly. He nodded, unclenching his fists.
'Yours stressed baby get into bed.' I said, opening the blanket up for him. His eyes were red now and he was really in the midsts of his high episode.
'It just makes me feel happy you know? Less stressed I guess.' He shrugged, running his hands along his arm.
'No it makes you more stressed, you're just too high to feel it. I promise you Rafe it's doing you no good.' I said calmly.
'I trust you.' He whispered, closing his eyes.
'One chance Rafe, that's all I can handle.' I said, sad i even had to say it.
'I'll make you proud.'