8

Mias POV:
Rafe took me up to bed and turned on his tv, turning on Netflix and finding a random film.
'Rafe you never told me who was on the boat.' I said after a while.
'It doesn't matter babygirl.' He said sternly. I sighed and he turned to look at me.
'This won't work if you're going to keep treating me like I'm a child.' I said angrily.
'I'm trying to keep you safe.'
'You're trying to keep me in the dark.' I spat.
'Mia please.' Rafe warned, not looking for another argument.
'Rafe I can stay out of it and still know the truth. I'm more likely to stay away if you tell me what's really going on.' I begged.
'John B was on the boat. He stole scuba gear from the boat and took it to the marsh.' He explained.
'What, why?' I asked.
'Dad thinks he's found something.' He said.
'Oh.' I replied, laying back down in bed.
'Thank you.' I said after a moment of silence.
'What for?'
'Being honest.' I smiled. He lent down to kiss me and began rubbing my head, making my eyes close. The door burst open and I shot awake.
'Wheez I was just getting her to sleep.' Rafe groaned.
'No it's okay, what's up Wheezie?' I asked.
'So I was going through our crystal bag and saw a note in one of them, and I found this. Maybe it's part of the treasure hunt.' She said, passing me a rolled up piece of paper. Rafe looked over my shoulder and watched as I opened it. 

I've found something bird, if I disappear for a while, it means I'm close. But I've found it. I've found the gold.

Rafe looked up at me in shock and took the letter from me.
'Wheezie go back to your room, I'll come and do some crystal shit with you in a bit.' Rafe said, mustering a fake smile.
'Just say you've got to go on a secret mission.' She said, rolling her eyes. I tried to hide my laugh and watched as Rafe shut the door and put the piece of paper down on the desk. He began to pace the room and run his hands through his hair.
'Rafe, Rafe calm down.' I said, standing up and stopping him from moving.
'The gold, the gold Big John found the gold.' He panicked.
'Rafe this is beyond me, go and speak to your dad but I will be watching and I do not want to see you leave this house do you understand me?' I said sternly.
'You're hot when you're assertive.' He smirked, clutching my boob. I raised my eyebrows and he sighed, letting go.
'Yes babygirl I'll be back in a minute.' He said, closing the door behind him. 
'Mia?' I heard a voice say from outside, but it wasn't Wheezie, it was Rose.
'Hey.' I smiled, opening the door.
'Hey I have a tea for you, I know this is stressful and confusing but trust me, he loves you he really does.' She smiled, handing me a drink.
'Thank you.' I smiled, drinking it. My eyes began to close and she took the cup from me.
'Mia?' She asked.

'Rose, what did you do?' I whispered.
'No no, I gave you the wrong drink, that was mean to be for Sarah, Mia wake up!' She said, shaking me.
'What's going on?' Rafe ordered, standing in the doorway.
'I gave her the wrong tea by accident, it's got sleeping pills in.' She panicked.
'Why did you have sleeping pills in tea anyway!' Rafe shouted.
'Sarah was running away, I was trying to keep her here so we could explain everything.' She said.
'How can we wake her up?' Rafe asked, rushing towards me.
'She'll wake up on her own.' She said.
'What's going on?' Wheezie asked from the doorway.
'Go to your room sweetie.' Rose ordered. Wheezie came to sit with me and held my hand in hers.
'Wheezie.' Rose said again.
'Let her stay.' Rafe said coldly.
Rafe picked me up and put me onto the bed, moving my hair from my face.
'What's happening?' I panicked.
'You're okay, you're just going to be sleepy for abit don't worry.' He whispered.
'Stay with me?' I asked, grabbing his hand.
'I will.' He said, as my eyes locked shut.

Rafe's POV:
I kissed her once more and checked she was asleep, leaving her with Wheezie. I walked from the room making sure Rose was following me.
'What's your plan?' I asked her.
'What?' She asked, confused. 
'Well first of all you act all happy we're together and then fucking try to poison my girlfriend.' I spat.
'No trust me I didn't mean to give her that one.' She panicked. I turned from her and ran down the stairs, to my dad.
'What's happened?' He asked.
'Rose poisoned Mia.'
'What!' He shouted.
'I didn't mean to give her Sarah's tea.' She cried. I was starting to feel slightly sorry for her.
'Wait, so Sarah isn't asleep?' Ward asked, running to her room. He pushed the door open and sure enough, the bed was empty and the window was wide open.
'Rafe stay with Mia, Rose look after the house, I'll go find Sarah.' He said, taking his car keys.
'You're not mad?' Rose whispered.
'No baby I'm not mad it's okay.' My dad smiled, kissing her. I rolled my eyes and walked from the room, going to sit with Mia again. I stood in the doorway and watched as Wheezie put a crystal on her head.
'Wheeze what are you doing?' I asked, agitated.
'Putting hematite and bloodstone around her, it's said to increase energy.' She explained.
'She'd been drugged Wheezie your crystals won't wake her up.' I said, sadly.
'You really like her dont you?' She asked.
'I do.' I smiled, rubbing my hand along her face.
'Rafe I'm scared you're going to do something bad.' She cried.
'Don't cry.' I said, pulling her into a hug.
'She needs you, I need you. You're my big brother Rafe.' She whispered.
'I promise you, and I promise Mia, I will be here for you always.' I said, kissing her head softly.
She looked up at me and smiled.
'I love you Rafe.'
'Yeah yeah, go back to your room, I'll take care of her.' I said softly, laying down besides Mia and moving my hand to the side of her cheek.
'I'm so sorry.' I whispered, kissing her neck.
Of course she didn't reply, why was I waiting for an answer?
'I promise nothing bad will happen to you ever again. Rose didn't mean it, we all love you here. I promise. Don't be scared.'