24

Mias POV:
Me and JJ headed over to Kie's family restaurant and took a table in the far corner.
'Hey welcome to the Wreck how can I..' she began.
'Hey Kie.' I smiled. She put her clipboard down and took the spare chair next to us.
'Excuse me? I'm starving.' JJ teased, taking the board and writing down what we both wanted.
'What're you doing here?' She asked.
'Well, JJ was bored.' I replied.
'And Mia is in a mid life crisis.' JJ added.
'Wait what?'
'Kie!' Her mum shouted from behind the counter.
'I'll go and get this for you and I'll be back, I want to know it all.' She said, picking up the board and running back to the kitchen. She came back with a few bowls of chips and a chicken burger each, before running back to grab the drinks and putting them on the table.
'So.' She said, taking a sip of her own. JJ started eating straight away, and I ignored him, turning to Kie and trying not to laugh at how quickly he was eating.
'It's not really a big deal, we fell out again.' I shrugged.
'She found him taking coke off another girls thigh.' JJ interrupted, taking a sip of his drink.
'What!' Kie shouted.
'No, he hadn't done it yet.' I protested.
'But he was going to!' She exclaimed.
'He's really got issues at the moment.' I whispered.
'We know, but if you want to make it work, I mean he's special to you.' Kie smiled softly.
'I'm not sure.' I replied.
'You're engaged for Christ sake!' JJ shouted. He got some weird looks and I had to tell him to quiet down.
'I know, we might go away for a few days, to try and figure it out.' I shrugged.
'If you do I want to hear from you every second of the day.' JJ said protectively.
'You will.' I smiled.
'Anyway, enough about me,' I said, breaking the silence.
'Oh it's awful at the moment.' Kie said quietly.
'John B?' I asked. She nodded.
'I just hate that we don't know where he is, if he's safe, his phone died a long time ago and he won't contact us from it because he knows it's being tracked.' She said, angrily.
'I know, I'll sort it, I promise. I want John B back just as much as you do.' I said calmly.
She nodded and picked up her board, tucking her chair back in. 
'Take care Mia, I'll see you soon, you can text me if you ever need anything.' She insisted.
'You too.' I smiled.

Me and JJ finished the rest of our food, trying to make a fun plan for the day, but there wasn't much we could do anymore.
'Everywhere we used to go is completely swarmed by police, just in case he comes back.' JJ sighed.
'Can we go to his house? They'll let us in. I just need to see if he left anything behind.' I asked, standing up.
'Yeah we can give it a go, what, you think he left a clue as to where he's going?' JJ questioned, waving goodbye to Kie.
'Well his father did exactly the same thing, don't you think it would be weird if he just chose to leave everyone worried about him?' I asked.
'Good idea, let's go.' He laughed, grabbing my hand and running ahead of me down the boardwalk.
'JJ slower!' I shouted, as he stopped abruptly infront of John B's house.
'There's so many of them.' He whispered, looking at the police. I grabbed his hand and walked with him to the door, which was guarded by Shoupe.
'Good afternoon, what're you two up to?' He asked cautiously.
'Hey Sherif, is it okay if JJ just comes in to get the rest of his clothes? He lived here with John for a while but he's obviously had to move back out because of you.' I said, passively aggressively.
'Are you sure that's all you're gonna take?' He asked.
'Well, I know how well you do your job, and even if there was anything of value in here, I know you'dve taken it long ago.' I smiled.
'Quickly.' He said, stepping aside.
JJ ran into John's room and packed a bag of clothes, to make sure the story fit. I briefly scanned the office but realised that would've been too obvious.
'Mia.' JJ shouted. I ran into the room and looked down at an open book on the floor.
'They went to Nassau?' I whispered.
'They must've done, look, there's a small circle around this hotel here.' He said, picking the book up. I quickly took a photo of it and closed it, putting it back on the shelf.
'You ready?' I asked him. He looked around once more and nodded, grabbing the bag and following me from the room.

'All done?' Shoupe asked.
'Yes, thanks once again.' I smiled.
'I'm sorry JJ that you've had to go back and live with your dad, hopefully you can come back here soon!' He shouted after us.
'Twat.' JJ whispered under his breath. We headed back to the Wreck and told Pope to meet us there.
'This better be important because I was studying.' He said, sitting down and putting his elbows on the table.
'Kie I've told you to stop taking unnecessary breaks!' Her father shouted.
'I'll only be a minute!' She rolled her eyes.
'John B and Sarah are in Nassau.' JJ whispered.
'How do you know?' Pope asked, bewildered. 'We went back to the house, a book was left open on the map of the Caribbean, he circled a hotel.' I said, showing them the photo.
'Okay, so what now?' Kie asked.
'We try and phone, make it sound natural.' Pope shrugged.
'Good idea.' I smiled.
I looked out of the window, and saw Topper walk past wit Rafe and Kelce. They hadn't seen me, but Rafe looked awful, still in the clothes from the night before. Kie followed my gaze and squeezed my arm.
'Go, send me the photo, we'll let you know if we find anything.' She said. I nodded, standing up from the table.
'Mia?' JJ called.
'Yeah.'
'Thank you so much, I've really missed you.' He whispered, pulling me into a tight hug.
'It's okay. I'm so proud of you.' I said into his shoulder. I felt a tear fall from his eye and I pulled away from him, wiping it from my thumb.
'Don't go all soppy on me now.' I smirked.
He kissed my head and sat back down, squeezing my hand once more.
'Oh come on group hug.' I laughed, holding my arms out for all three of them to fill.
'We've missed you.' Pope smiled.
'I've missed you, now get on this! Let's find him.' I smiled, saying goodbye once more and leaving the restaurant with a smile on my face.
'Have fun playing scooby doo?' Rafe asked, as I turned the corner.
'What?' I asked.
'Shoupe told me you'd been to John B's today.' He said angrily.
'I owe you nothing.' I replied, stepping away from him.
'Well I need to talk to you.' He said, as we walked back towards his house, Topper and Kelce now nowhere to be seen.
'About?'
'Us.'