5

Mias POV:
I shot up in bed sweating, looking around the room. I was at Rafe's house. I remember. I looked for him and he was nowhere to be seen. I looked at the clock.
4:30am. I jumped out of bed putting all of the pieces together.
'He's gone to kill scooter.' I whispered, throwing a jumper on once more and making sure I could escape the house as quietly as possible.
I ran towards scooters house, starting to feel sick at the emotions and fear Lana was feeling right now. I stopped outside and sure enough saw the same van that had been parked outside of the house a couple of hours before.
'Stop lying I know what you did!' Ward shouted.
'I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing,' scooter slurred, obviously drunk again. I looked around for Lana and sighed a sigh of relief when I realised her car wasn't there. She'd said the week before she was going to be out of town with some friends. Rafe must've known that too.
'Scooter we were close, I thought we were close. But raping a child.' Ward spat.
'She's not a child she's 18.' He replied quickly.
'That doesn't make it okay!' Rafe shouted, slamming his body against the wall. I walked slowly to the door and Ward saw me, opening his arm and allowing me to stand with him. Rafe still hadn't spotted me, but scooter had.
'Oh your little slut came to watch the show did she?' He laughed, pointing towards me. Rafe punched him in the face again and held a gun up to his face.
'You're lucky I don't just shoot you.' He spat.
'Rafe.' I said. He turned to look at me and finally realised what scooter meant. He dropped him and ran towards me, pulling me close.
'Please stop this. Stop it all.' I begged. 
'I can't, I can't let him get away with what he did to you.' He cried, obviously constricted with his decision.
'Do whatever you're gonna do Rafe and make it quick we've already been here too long.' Ward said.

Rafe looked between me and Scooter, panicking.
'Mia go I can't let you see this.' He whispered.
'Just come back to bed with me please, just go to sleep and we can talk about it in the morning.' I said, reaching for his arm. He shook me off and pointed the gun at scooter again.
'Dad take her.' Rafe said sternly. Ward looked at me apologetically and picked me up, carrying me to the car.
'No, no don't Rafe don't!' I shouted after him.
'You took away something so special from her, filled her with fear and doubts she should never have, and I fucking hate you for it.' He said, followed by a gunshot.
I grabbed my mouth to cover my screams and sat in the backseat of the car, trembling. Rafe got in besides me a few moments later, putting the gun down in the middle seat.
'Is it done?' Ward asked.
'No.' Rafe whispered hoarsely.
Ward turned to look at him but smiled apologetically.
'I shot him in the leg. I couldn't do it, I could see Mia in my head when I closed my eyes and I don't want you to be anymore scared of me than you probably already are.' He whispered, turning towards me. Tears were still streaming down my face and I turned to look out of the other window as we drove the silent drive home. I was the first out of the car and I went straight back upstairs, pulling the duvet and pillows from Rafe's bed and moving it to the floor.
'Stop this there's no need.' He said, closing the door behind him and picking up a pillow.
'You're a murderer Rafe.' I said, grabbing it back from him.
'I didn't kill him! For you, I didn't kill him for you and that's still not good enough?' He shouted.
'That's why you took the van isn't it? so you could take his body away!' I screamed.
'Mia calm down.' He said softly.
'You've killed people before you've told me that, and you would've done it if I didn't stop you. Rafe you could kill me so easily what's stopping you!' I spat.
'I love you.' He said, reaching for me.
'Rafe stop, you're scaring me.' I said, standing up and backing away from him. He sighed and sat down on the bed.
'I was protecting you, just like I always said I would. I like Scooter he's an alright guy but when it comes to you I'd do anything.' He said quietly so that Wheezie wouldn't hear from next door.
'I don't know what to do.' I said, putting my hands on my head. I looked up at the desk and looked at the crystal Wheezie had given me, remembering everything she said.
'I love you Rafe I really do, but I need you to stop. Because I can't love you if you've got life behind bars.' I said softly.

He didn't reply.
'Get in bed.' I said, getting in the other side.
'You're gonna sleep with me?' He asked, shocked.
'Just get in and go to sleep.' I replied bluntly. He picked the duvet off of the floor and tucked me in, taking off his clothes and getting in besides me.
'Look I'm sorry.' He began.
'Stop, we'll talk about it in the morning.' I said bluntly.
'No we will talk about it now.' He replied, sitting up, moving his hand to my neck and forcing me to look at him.
'See that would usually turn me on but watching you use the same hand to strangle Scooter with isn't gonna do it for me.' I said, forcing him off of me. He sighed and moved a hair from my eyes, kissing my cheek.
'I'm not the bad guy here.' He whispered.
'I know Rafe and I keep telling you this but you're making it harder for me to prove.' I said, frustrated.
'I'll make it up to you, but I need you to know why I was going to kill him, he took away your innocence, what you should've given to someone special and filled you with fear. I can't even imagine how you felt.' He said quietly. A tear fell from my eye and he wiped it with his thumb, moving his face closer to mine.
'He didn't take it from me, it doesn't count, I gave it to you.' I assured him.
'But that doesn't mean he ever had any right to go near you.' Rafe said, kissing my nose.
'I know.'
'You're mine, forever, I promise I won't do anything to ever ruin that.' He whispered.
'Thank you.' I smiled, feeling more at ease.
'Sleep baby.' Rafe said, pulling me into a cuddle and cradling me until I fell asleep once more.