36

Mias POV:
We got dressed and Rafe made sure to lock the door, looking through the window cautiously one more time before getting into the car.
'Where are we going?' I asked.
'We're going surfing.' He replied.
'I'm heavily pregnant.' I said bluntly.
'Yeah doesn't stop me bending you over a balcony though, you'll be fine.' He teased.
'What if I hurt myself?' I asked warily.
'You're with the best surfer in OBX I'll look after you.' He smiled. I opened my mouth to protest, telling him JJ was the best surfer in OBX, but decided that was the worst idea I'd ever had. He untied the surfboard from the top of the car and carried it down to the beach. I followed him with our bag, and put it down on the sand, looking at him unimpressed.
'Just come sit on it baby.' He said, tapping the board. I got into the water and grabbed his shoulders as he steadied me on the board.
'You okay?' He asked.
'Yeah.' I smiled, letting go of him slowly. A wave came and jolted me from the board, I closed my eyes as I was flung into the water. I came back up again and blew water in his face, and he splashed me in return.
'You're not the best at surfing really are you?' He teased.
'Rafe Cameron I'm surfing for two people right now.' I laughed.
'I know, look she's under water.' He said, looking at my stomach which was fully submerged.
'I'm a submarine.' I replied.
'Come with me and get some food you human submarine.' He said, grabbing the board and my hand, and taking me up onto the sand again. We walked up to the small cafe at the top of the beach and got some food, only a little bit though, because I was starting to get sunburnt and Rafe said he wanted to cook for me again. I watched him carefully as he clenched his jaw, looking around the beach, his eyes falling on me.
'What?' He asked, letting a small smile fall from his lips.
'You look so good.' I whispered.
'Oh come on.' He teased, taking my hand and opening the car door for me, winding down the Windows so I wasn't sat in the heat.
'Give me 5 minutes baby, one of the neighbours is here I need to go and talk to him about the plants.' Rafe said.
'Plants?' I asked, raising my eyebrows.
'Don't even.' He laughed, pointing his fingers at me. I rested my head against the window and looked out to where we'd just been, the seat hitting the rocks beautifully.

Someone smashed their hands against the window, making me jump. I looked up, trying to hide how startled I was, seeing it was Barry.
I rolled the window down and punched him.
'Easy there mrs country club, just came to say hello.' He smiled.
'You nearly sent me into early labour.' I said bitterly, my heart still racing.
'What did you do?' Rafe asked him, smacking him around the head, and opening the back car door for him.
'Nothing, ask your wife to move aside and let me sit in the front.' Barry said, sitting in the back of the car.
'No fucking chance.' Rafe replied assertively. I smiled and grabbed his hand, and he squeezed it lightly. The car ride was Just Rafe catching up with Barry, and I tried not to listen too much, i was tired.
'So when?' Barry asked out of the blue.
'What?' Rafe asked.
'When are you back, we need to get this thing going man.' He replied, agitated.
'Soon, I'll be back soon.' Rafe said, glancing across at me quickly to see if I'd caught on. I pretended I hadn't noticed, and waited for him to help me from the car once we got back to the villa.
'I'm just gonna go and take a quick shower, I'm all salty.' Rafe laughed, kissing my lips and taking a towel from the downstairs cupboard. I waited until I heard the water running, before looking over at Barry once more. He was out on the patio, smoking what I knew would be weed. I opened the door and looked at him, and he smiled, somewhat awkwardly.
'Get what going?' I asked.
'What?'
'What're you and Rafe doing back home?' I questioned.
'Just business, abit of spare change.' He shrugged.
'Listen, I need to know this for my baby, I don't want him getting into trouble because I need him around.' I said sternly.
'The Pogues are after a cross, and he's going after it too, he's working with Carla again and-' he began, but I cut him off.
'Carla?' I said angrily.
'It's apparently worth more than the gold itself.' He shrugged. I heard the water turn off, and I headed back to the door.
'Hey country club?' He asked. I span to look at him and he dropped his blunt onto the floor, squishing it with his foot, and opening his arms to me.

I looked at him oddly, we'd never been close enough to ever offer eachother comfort, but I stepped towards him anyway, hugging him lightly.
'I know he fucks me off but he's gonna be a good dad, you're gonna make great parents.' He said, assuringly.
'Thank you.' I smiled, pulling away and heading back inside, leaving him to sit on the outside table. I headed upstairs, knowing I'd have to speak to Rafe, and opened the bedroom door to see him with only a towel wrapped around his waist. I made sure to keep my eyes in line with his, making him know I was not in the mood for him.
'Hey.' He smiled, opening the drawer and rooting around for something.
'What you looking for?' I asked.
'Just a pair of socks but I think they're all in the wash.' He shrugged, closing it again.
'Oh, I thought you were looking for the cross.' I replied. He froze, stepping closer to me.
'What did you just say?' He whispered.
'I said, I thought you were looking for the cross.' I said sternly.
'Did Barry tell you?' He asked, his hand unintentionally squeezing around my arm.
'Of course he did, and he did the right thing too.' I replied.
'He can't keep his mouth shut just because he wants to fuck you.' He spat, letting go of me and running his hands through his hair.
'So you think nobody actually has the decency to tell me when my boyfriend is about to get in trouble, they just do it because they want to fuck me?' I laughed. He didn't reply.
'Rafe, you've got bullet wounds and here you are planning to do more stupid shit!' I said raising my voice.
'I need you here with me, we both do, okay? So just don't, say no. You can.' I whispered, begging for him to listen to be for once.
'Okay.' He said, putting his forehead on mine.
'Okay?' I whispered.
'You stay here whilst I go and talk to Barry.' He said, throwing shirt on.
'No I'm coming with you.' I said, angry he was still trying to keep more secrets from me. He huffed and grabbed my hand as I followed him from the room.
'It's off, we're not doing it anymore, I need to be here for Mia.' He said, taking the blunt from Barry's hands.
'Finally you've seen sense, see you soon.' Barry laughed, leaving the house. Rafe went to smoke it, but I took it from him, holding it up to my lips.
'Don't you dare.' He whispered.
'Then you need to stop it too.' I replied, throwing it over the balcony.

JJ: I'm so sorry, I miss you. I really miss you and I want you to come back, it's always been you, you're the only one who understands me. Dads just left forever, he's not coming back. I've not got John, I've not got you. Kie and Pope are looking for the stupid cross and It's you I want. I can take care of you I promise, please, I just want you.