15

Mias POV:
My brother was downstairs and without another word grabbed his car keys, helping me to his car.
'Go to John B's please.' 
He gave me a disgusted look but drove the car away from the house, just as Rafe had reached the front door. I saw him and Barry get on their bikes and I looked at them through the mirror.
'Drive home first, I don't want them to follow us.' I whispered. He nodded and went to park on the drive. I saw them both stop outside of the house and Rafe opened my door.
'Rafe please.' I begged.
'You don't think I'll believe for one second that you're gonna go home after Barry killed Kie.' He laughed.
I didn't reply.
'I'll come with you, and if you say no, you won't go at all.' He said protectively.
'And why's that?' I asked.
'I don't want any of those boys hitting on you.' He spat.
'First of all, John B has a girlfriend, and second of all, I look disgusting.' I laughed, as he got into the back of the car. Barry drove away, now aware that Rafe had it all under control, and Topper silently started the car.
'You never look disgusting.'
We stopped outside of John's house and I saw JJ look towards the car.
'Stay here please.' I begged Rafe. He went to open the door but I shouted louder. He closed it again and crossed his arms angrily, moving to the other side of the car so that he was able to watch properly out of the window.
Topper helped me towards the deck but let go once JJ was able to support me.
'Got your pet dog in the back of the car for a ride I see.' He said.
'Stop It JJ.' I warned.
'Why are you here anyway? It's good to see you and all but, what's up?' He asked.
'Why aren't you upset?' I asked weirdly.
'Upset, why would I be upset?' He laughed.
'Barry just came over and said he'd killed Kie, you don't seem too sad about it.' I scoffed.
'Hey guys, oh hey Mia!' Kie exclaimed, walking from the house. I looked between her and JJ, and then Rafe who was in the car, also as surprised as I was. She hugged me, and I felt tears rise into my eyes.
'I miss you all, so much.' I whispered.
'I'll go sit in the car, don't be long.' Topper said, shooting me a smile and heading back towards the drive.

I went to sit inside and said hello to Pope and John.
'Hi.' John said bitterly.
'I'm going to put this out there now so we're all ironed out, you cannot sit here and be bitter with me when you're also dating a Cameron, okay?' I scoffed.
'Yes okay.' He sighed, passing me a drink.
'So what's new in your life?' Pope asked me.
'Look I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry about all of this.' I began. Nobody said a word, waiting for me to continue.
'I miss you all so much, I never wanted to make you feel like I ditched you, I miss hanging around with you but it's hard at the moment.' I whispered.
'We know.' JJ said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
'What happened to you anyway?' John asked me.
'Carla got her stupid men to Chuck me around a van and stamp on me.' I said, as if it wasn't a big deal.
'Why?' Pope asked, cautiously.
'She seems to think that me or Rafe have a key she's looking for.' I shrugged. They looked between eachother and Pope tugged at a key hanging around his neck on a chain.
'Well for once Rafe isn't in the wrong.' I laughed, looking at it and running my fingers over it.
'We're gonna give it to her, maybe,but we want to know why she wants it so bad.' Kiara said.
'Well I don't know if anything I'm about to say will help but it belonged to Denmark Tanny and I heard her telling Rafe the other day that they're planning on digging up a tree.' I said, confused.
'The Tree on goat island.' Pope whispered.
'Don't just dig it up though, check inside it.' I whispered, as I saw Topper at the window again. They nodded and pulled me in for one last group hug.
'Come on.' JJ said, carrying me to the car.
'Promise to see us soon?' John asked.
'Of course, and I'm sorry for making you pick sides, I love you.' I smiled.
'We love you!' Kiara smiled. Hugging me once more. Rafe opened the door from the inside and moved along as JJ put me into the car.
'See you later Kook princess.' He saluted.
'Bye.' I laughed.
'Nice reunion?' Topper asked, genuinely excited for me.
'I don't like how close he gets to you.' Rafe spat, his hands in a tight fist. I ignored him and held out my hand to Topper.
'That's a nice ring where did you get it?' He asked.
'Rafe, we're engaged.' I said. My brother nearly crashed the car but kept it straight as he pulled onto Rafe's drive.
'Oh wow that's, great, congratulations.' He smiled, unable to hide the look of bewilderment on his face.

'Hey Top give us a moment? Then we'll come to the country club with you.' Rafe said, flashing a fake smile. He carried me to his room and put me on the edge of the bed, standing over me.
'What?' I asked, angrily.
'I hate this, god I hate how all the boys flock towards you.' He panicked.
'Stop It they do not.' I laughed.
'You're mine do you hear me?' He asked huskily.
'I know baby I know I am, you don't seem to trust me.' I said, looking up at him.
'I do but god, if anyone was ever to lay their hands on you the way I do.' He whispered, coming closer.
'They're just my friends.' I whispered.
'Is that it now? You're just gonna leave me, spend less and less time with me to hang out with your Pogue friends?' He asked.
'Rafe stop it, it's not gonna be like that you know it won't, and besides, I knew them before you, they got me through a lot you know.' I whispered.
'I know, but that's my job, I'm doing this for you.' He said, pacing the room.
'Someone's jealous.' I smirked.
'Fuck of course I am, look at you!' He exclaimed.
I smirked and kissed him once more
'You have to listen to me alright?' He asked, suddenly turning serious.
'Go on.'
'You let me take care of you, I'm gonna spend more time with you, I'm gonna make it work okay?' He asked.
'Yes baby i know but I can't not see my friends it's not fair.' I whispered softly.
'Listen, I love you but they're involved with bad things. The same stuff I'm involved with, and if you get close with them and hang out with them I don't want you to be faced with the decision of who to choose.' He said, breathily.
'I'd choose you always.' I replied.
'No you don't know that, you don't know that okay so listen.' He said, repeating himself again.
'I'm listening.' I replied, sure he'd taken more weed.
'Good.' He said satisfied, sitting down besides me.
'But you need to listen to me. If you have anymore of that weed, or anymore of those drugs. You won't hear from me again.' I said, inhaling the smell of the weed from his clothes.
'Okay.' He whispered.
'Okay?' I repeated. He nodded, taking my hand.
'Let's go.' I smiled.
'Wait.' He said, holding me back. I rolled my eyes, turning to face him.
'Kiss me.' He smiled.