43

Mias POV:
I wasn't far from town at all, so figured I'd be okay walking. I didn't hear Rafe turn on his engine, I did, however, hear his car door open and slam behind him.
'I don't even want to listen to anything you have to say.' I said bitterly, feeling him come up besides me.
'You're carrying my child, and you're upset, I'm not letting you go home alone, get in the car.' He said sternly.
'I'm not disrespecting myself anymore than I clearly have.' I snapped.
'You're not even letting me talk.' He sighed.
'Well it's quite clear what's going on is it not?' I asked, turning to face him, his eyes teary.
'You're going to hate me either way.' He said quietly. I nodded, taking that as my answer and continuing on down the road. He pulled the car up besides me and lent over to open the passenger seat door. I just watched him.
'Sit down, let me explain myself, if you still want to leave you can.' He said, nodding to the seat. I hesitated before getting in and making an effort to slam the door. He pulled us into a proper car parking space and took off his seatbelt, turning off the engine and turning to face me.
'What's her name?' I snapped.
'Abby.'
'So you are cheating on me?' I scoffed.
'Abby, the girl next door, sells me drugs now that Barry refuses to.' He butted in.
'You're lying you're such a liar!' I shouted, getting angry now.
'Look, Mia, Barry stopped selling me drugs a few months ago, he said I needed to be there for you and that I couldn't be a good dad with them.' He said.
'He was right.' I said bluntly.
'But I began to get stressed, I didn't feel like I was good enough, I'd be a rubbish dad, I needed them again to get through my day, so I went to her.' He explained.
'So you went to the girl next door to your dads house?' I laughed.
'She's actually uh, the girl next door to our house.' He said awkwardly. I shot up, staring him down in disbelief.
'Is that how you found the house?' I asked him angrily.
'She told me there was a house near her for sale and I knew it was perfect for us.' He defended himself.
'No, she wanted you near her, and you just said yes?!' I exclaimed in disbelief.
'Princess, it's our home now.' He said softly.
'You've made me look stupid, sneaking off to the girl next door, how do I know drugs is all that's happened?' I asked him.
'Don't you dare.' He said, shifting his tone to sound more defensive.

'We both know how grabby you get when you're on drugs.' I sneered. He turned the engine on and headed towards home, neither of us said a word. I was content that he wasn't cheating on me, but he was right, I was still mad at him.
'Is that her?' I asked him, as we pulled onto the driveway. There was a girl stood outside of her house, getting letters from her letterbox. She looked our age, pretty, long hair, makeup.
'Yep.' He said, through gritted teeth.
'She's pretty.' I whispered, tears pricking the corner of my eyes.
'You're prettier.' He said defensively, leaning over to squeeze my hand, parking the car and running around to open my door. Neither of us said a word until the house door was closed, I turned to make eye contact with him to see he was already nervously staring at me.
'What do I do Rafe?' I sighed softly.
'I don't know I really don't know.' He replied, sitting on the sofa.
'Why didn't you come to me when you felt worried and stressed? You know I've been feeling the same, and I'd understand more than a stranger.' I said, angrily emphasising the last few words of my sentence.
'I didn't want you to leave me, think I wasn't good enough.' He whispered. I took his hand and rested my head on his chest, and I instantly felt his entire body relax.
'You'll always be good enough.' I replied.
'No, I won't ever be good enough, not even by a mile, but I'll always try for you.' He said, rubbing my leg.
'Well try harder, please, just for these next few months. I really need you.' I said calmly. He rested his hand on my stomach, rubbing it softly.
'I promise.'
'What're you worried about?' I asked him.
'I- Nothing.' He stuttered.
'We can't do this if you're just going to tough it up for me, I know it's scary.' I sighed.
'I don't want to be as bad as my dad was, I don't want to let either of you down.' He replied.
'You won't I promise.'
'But I will.' He said, agitated.
'Shut up.' I said angrily.
He grabbed my face and forced me to keep my eyes in line with his.
'Promise we're forever.' He whispered.
'I promise.' I stuttered, confused of his sudden outburst.
He nodded, letting go of me and moving his hands back to his original position. 
'I don't want your addiction to get the best of you though Rafe.' I said, breaking the silence once more.
'What? No, it's not.' He said, shaking it off.
'Well it has very clearly because you're sneaking around to other girls houses to do drugs.' I said, the anger I held against him earlier creeping back.
'You said you weren't angry at me.' He whispered.
'No I'm just agitated.' I said, shaking my head, standing up suddenly to head to the bathroom, a massive weight on my bladder.
'What's wrong?' Rafe asked me. I grabbed his arm and looked up, worry filling my eyes.
'I think I'm going into labour.' I whispered.