14

Mias POV:
'Rafe come the fuck out man!' Barry shouted. I sighed a sigh of relief, knowing it was just his friend, and let go of his arm as he ran to open the door. Barry came upstairs and stood in shock looking at us all.
'Sorry to ruin the family reunion but I've got something to tell your girl in private.' He said to Rafe. Nobody moved.
'In private.' He repeated.
'We're not going anywhere, continue.' Rafe said protectively.
'I overheard your little Pogue friends talking thismorning and they want you back, they know about Renfield and that you helped get rid of his body.' He said quietly. Rafe's eyes snapped to me and I didn't say a word.
'Friends?' Topper laughed.
'No there must be some mistake, she's not friends with them.' Rafe added.
'It was definitely them. JJ and the Kiara girl.' He said.
'Oh yeah I'm friends with Kie.' I said in a low whisper.
'Kie is nice.' Topper nodded.
'But you've not spoken to her about any of this right?' Rafe asked.
'Rafe I've been with you and only you since it all started of course not!' I exclaimed.
'Who were you talking to outside the other night?' He spat.
'Nobody.'
'They did say they spoke to her outside.' Barry interrupted.
'Shut up!' Me and Rafe both shouted together.
'You look fucked up girl have a bit of this.' Barry said, handing me a blunt. I took a puff from it before anyone even had time to react and slowly, blew it back in Rafe's direction. I then took another one, but Rafe snatched it from my hand and put it out, before throwing it from the window.
I smirked at him and he shoved Barry from the house.
'Mia I don't like the way you're going.' Topper sighed.
'I'm fine trust me, I'm a big girl, go and get some sleep.' I said, clutching his hand. He nodded and left the room, to go to one of the spares. Rafe came back a few moments later and slammed the door, looking at me angrily.
'Not Nice is it?' I asked.
'Look, I'm trying so hard, I tried so hard to stop for you, for you!' He shouted.
'Not enough to stop you taking coke though is it? Oh you thought I didn't know.' I laughed.
'Mia.' He begged.
'Rafe it's dirty. And it's expensive. And if we're in for any chance of a good future you need to stop now.' I said sternly.

'Baby I promise.' He whispered. I opened my arms for him to come and lay with me but he was still staring at me.
'That doesn't excuse the fact you've just smoked some of Barry's weed. That's strong you know.' He said.
'It was two puffs It's fine.' I rolled my eyes.
'Mia.' He said again.
'Mhm.' I replied, closing my eyes.
'You didn't even cough, you've smoked before?' He asked me.
'Yeah I used to.' I replied.
'When?' He asked sternly.
'With JJ, and John.' I said, before thinking about what I'd said.
'I didn't know you were that close. What changed?' He asked, pretending to care but I knew he was just being nosey.
'Topper stopped me talking to them once sarah got with John.' I said.
'Oh.' He replied, looking smug.
'Look Rafe you've not saved me from anything you know, I was fine before you.' I said bitterly.
'I know.' He shrugged, sitting down at his desk and folding his arms.
'So what do we do now?' I asked.
'We, don't do anything.' He clarified.
'Well we, do, as I'm the one sat here looking like a mummy.' I replied bitterly.
He picked up a pen and began to click it on the edge of the desk. 
'You'll be fixed in a few days, maybe not your ribs but you'll be able to wear something to cover them, we can go about life as normal and anything that hits us we can take.' He said, simply.
'Your normal or my normal?' I asked.
'Mia we'll be fine.' He sighed.
'Go and spend some time with Wheezie please, you've been so hard on her recently.' I begged.
'I know but it's for her own good, I don't want her involved too.' He said sternly.
'Go and see her.' I pushed.
'I'll bring her here, she can sit with us both.' He smiled softly. I was extremely tired and tried to keep my eyes open, but by the time I heard the door open, I was slipping into a deep sleep.
'Oh I wanted to see her.' Wheezie said, disappointed.
'I know wheeze I'm sorry, you can stay in here if you like?' He asked.
'Really?' She questioned, excitedly.
'Yeah, just be careful, her ribs are hurt.' He smiled, getting into bed on the other side of me. He had a massive bed so it wasn't a problem the three of us sharing it, and I felt his arm carefully wrap around me.

Wheezie was already gone in the morning, and Rafe was sat up on his phone.
'Morning sleepy.' He smiled.
'Morning.' I yawned.
'Look I need to talk to you.' He said calmly.
'Oh come on it's 9 in the morning.' I groaned, laying back down.
'No it's nothing bad.' He laughed.
'Then what can it be?' I asked curiously.
'I want to marry you.' He said quickly.
'What?' I stuttered.
'I want to marry you.' He repeated.
'Rafe we're young.' I whispered.
'I know but I know it's you, I don't want anyone else, and I want to make sure everyone knows that.' He said, reaching for my hand.
'Are you sure Rafe? Things are looking abit unsteady at the moment.' I said softly.
'That's all the more reason, please marry me.' He begged.
'Get down on one knee.' I teased. And he did so without another question, getting down on one knee at the edge of the bed and holding out a small box.
'Oh I didn't think you'd have gotten a ring.' I stuttered, in shock.
'Mia, will you please do the honours of marrying me, and becoming my beautiful wife?' He asked.
'I'd love to.' I smiled, as he opened the box to reveal the most beautiful ring.
'It's so pretty.' I whispered.
He placed it onto my finger and kissed me, grabbing my face passionately.
'I'm sorry it couldn't be any more romantic but you're on bed rest and I couldn't wait any longer.' He chuckled.
'This was perfect.' I whispered, looking down at the ring.
'Anything for you.' He smiled.
'Rafe! Barry is here again!' Rose shouted, agitated. Rafe's smile dropped as Barry ran into the room.
'I did it, I killed one of those dirty pogues ' he laughed.
'What?' I spat, sitting up in bed too quick.
'I've told you that we need to have these chats in private.' Rafe said through gritted teeth.
'No carry on.'
'Kiara was in the drains and I flushed her out.' He said.
I got out of bed and balanced on the sideboard, putting on some shoes and a jumper.
'Get back into bed now.' Rafe spat.
'You've just killed my friend.' I panicked, feeling the tears rising in my eyes.
'No stop, I'll take you, just lay back down please!' Rafe begged. I ignored him and walked as best as I could from the house, with him in strong pursuit.