16 - Who's side?

The original title was supposed to 'Tears that never dried' but I was like... EHHH? That's got nothing to do with the chapter.

~·~·~·~

The sky was dull and grey, perhaps you've cried all of its tears away. It's quite funny how much you cried throughout your pathetic life.

Your friends even gave you the nickname of a crybaby. The one who gave you that initially was Mikey because you had cried so much when you first met them when they first found you at this very same playground.

They found you sleeping below the playground, although you weren't sleeping. Rather, you were too weak to stay awake from hunger. They found you in that state and brought you back to their home where you had spent two days recovering. The one who had taken care of you was Shinichiro.

He was a cool guy. Someone you really looked up to. You wished you could be someone like him, but you already knew that you couldn't be someone so great.

"Kashi." You looked up, moving the swing slightly. You were met with two familiar faces, the both of them present back in Valhalla's hideout. "Thanks for agreeing to meet with me."

"It's nothing much." You replied with a calm smile, looking up to Chifuyu and Takemitchy. It looks like Takemitchy extended his connections, but looking at how Takemitchy is, it's most likely Chifuyu that approached him first. "So, you wanna know what Osanai's been up to, do you?"

"Yes." Chifuyu answered, taking Takemitcy by surprise.

"Why do you want to know?" You looked up, giving them a suspicious smile. Although you didn't suspect them in the slightest. "With Baji's betrayal on our hands, Mikey asked me to strictly keep-"

"Baji-san isn't a traitor." Chifuyu cut you off, giving you a determined look. He was confident. Even if Kashi has a higher position than him, he can't let the name of the person he admires the most be spoiled like that. "Baji-san is never and will never be part of Valhalla! He will always be on Toman's side! You should know that, Kashi!"

"Please believe him, Kashi-kun!" Takemitchy added, giving him a look of confidence. "What Chifuyu said is true! Baji-kun would never betray toman! Please, I'm sure you know that since you've been friends with Baji-kun for so long!"

You stood up, making the two flinch at the force that sent the seat rattling. They looked up to your eyes, gulping in fear as they felt an immense pressure that screamed at them to back away.

"Please! Help us, Kashi-san!!" The two bowed down, not moving an inch from your glare. Chifuyu continued, "Baji-san is looking for any leads about Kisaki! That is why we want to know something from Osanai!"

"Oh I know. I'm Baji's accomplice, after all."

"We know that you won't- Wait what?" The two boys looked at each other before glancing at you again, but this time, you weren't glaring rather, you were smiling gently. How strange, this was the first time Chifuyu has seen Kashi smile with such gentleness.

"I'm Baji's accomplice." You explained, motioning for them to follow you as you continued. "I knew about his defection a while ago. He already told me about wanting to get out of Toman, so I helped him. It's my job, after all." The two looked at you in confusion, Takemitchy even looking horrified. "Who knows, I might even join him."

"Are you going to Valhalla too?" Takemitchy asked, slightly gulping.

"Who knows?." You smirked, taking out your train pass. "Before we go, what I said just now, that won't be coming out of your mouths, got it?"

"...You mean-"

"Got it?" You tilted your head, giving them a sinister smile. They nodded, nodded fast, their heads might fly off. "Good. Now then, time to visit little Osanai."