54 - Welcome back, Kashi

Mikey sat quietly on the swing, staring at the ground with an empty look. He was the only one here as the kids who probably wanted to come got scared away by him. But he didn't care at all, he just needed the silence.

He had been coming here ever since you fainted three days ago, just sitting on the wings, or under the playground. This palace was the first place you met them, so it's bringing him a small bit of comfort, and helps him remember the past when you had been awake, and you know, not in a damn coma.

He wanted to punch something, he wanted to trash around and let out his pent up anger.

But no one did that to you, it was by your own body. It was a natural cause the he cannot resolve by fighting. And it made him feel weak.

He knew that you were weak, but that was back in your childhood. It was because you were malnourished and didn't have the proper vitamins to sustain yourself. You already made a full recovery when you guys were seven.

So, hearing about this heart disease that needs surgery or else it'll be death... it felt like it came from nowhere. And a heart surgery is going to cost a lot, a whole lot. And he can't think of any solutions.

Or... is there?

He remembers hearing a bit of information from you, about Kokonoi Hajime, the guy he placed under Takemichi's division. He was good at making money, right? He was nicknamed Black Dragon's wallet for a reason.

If he can just have him find a way to get some money, then wouldn't that mean that it's a problem solved?

"...no..." Mikey gritted his teeth, your face flashing on his mind. You would hate that. You might even hate him for trying to do something like that. For now, all he can do is wait. "...?"

His phone's vibration caught his attention. He picked up the item and checked the caller. It was Draken.

"Yeah?" Mikey picked up the call, wondering what Draken might want. After all, he and Mitsuya went to the hospital to visit you. "Weren't you at the hospital?"

[Hey... Mikey... (Y/N)...] Mikey felt his heart drop as he heard Draken's voice. From the sounds of it... he might be close to crying. Or he was and was trying to hide it. [She's.. (Y/N)...]

Ahh... there it goes again. That swirling feeling, the unnerving thoughts rushing to his mind. He wants to... snap someone's neck.

[(Y/N)'s awake...]

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Mikey didn't waste a single second and immediately made a rush for the hospital, passing so many red lights and nearly getting caught. But right now, the fact that you were awake now was more important.

He was panting for air as he ran up the stairs, the elevator was far too slow, until he arrived at the floor where you were assigned to. Once he was close enough, he could hear cheerful voices inside, and... Your voice.

He stood in front of the door, eyes shining as he opened the door. And behold.. There you were, completely awake, eating the apples that Emma was feeding you.

"...(Y/N)..." He whispered, gaining everyone's attention. He was dragging his feet before he basically ran and jumped on you, almost suffocating you at his tight hug. "...you're awake.."

"...Yeah..." You sighed, putting a smile and hugging Mikey back.

There was silence in the group as they watched with awe. Mikey had been an emotional wreck lately, he did his best to keep his image as a leader during rallies and meetings. But whenever they asked about Kashi's whereabouts, he would tell them family problems. When he had to say that... he was visibly upset by the officer's absence.