25 - Final preparations

There's no wifi here.... I'm about to lose my shit. I can't play genshin cause I didn't update it. And my data is slow as fuuuuuuck. So if I don't update, it's the connection, not me.

~·~·~·~

You walked along the morning streets, you were a bit chilly today since it was still morning, Ash was sitting quietly on his carrier, Pah gave you this carrier last year. Ash usually doesn't like getting held by other people, but when you put him on a carrier, he quiets down. Also, Baji is an exception because all animals like him.

'Oh. They're here already. A lot earlier than I expected.' You thought to yourself, watching from below the streets the exchange between Baji, Chifuyu, and Takemitchy. You haven't seen that time leaper in a while. 'I guess I'll go wait on the bridge.'

You made your way up the stairs, expecting to be waiting alone, but to your surprise, Chifuyu was also there. He didn't react to you in any way, so you just stood beside him, holding Ash, giving him a treat for being a good boy. Fun fact, Baji, Kazutora, and Mikey tried to eat his treats once because they were jealous.

"What did you talk about with Baji, Chifuyu?" You asked, looking at the boy beside you.

"....?" Chifuyu furrowed his brows, looking over beside him to see a really cute girl but... who the hell was she? He blinked a few times, trying to figure out if he knew this stranger. There was nothing in his mind that came up. "I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

"..Hm... the answer to that..." The unknown girl muttered, putting on a smirk. "You shouldn't."

Without saying anything else, you walked away, leaving the boy to be in a confused state as he tried to figure out where he had heard your voice. It was familiar, your voice, your height, your eyes. He just couldn't pinpoint it.

You approached Baji and Takemitchy who were standing in front of each other, tension high. You smiled, gaming their attention, Takemichy looked over to you, seemingly wanting to say something, but he held himself back when he realized what you said the first time you two met.

He can't mention you in front of the founders.

"Are you done, Kei?" You asked, standing next to Baji, holding out the carrier. "We have to bring Ash to the vet now."

"Tell that to Mikey." Baji said, giving Takemitchy a glare. He turned around, holding an arm out for you. He took ash and you held into him, walking away, leaving the two alone. "....Tomorrow..."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure things go perfectly." You whispered, looking back to see Takemitchy looking at you with hope, Chifuyu besides him just looking confused. You placed a hand to your lips, silencing them. "I promise... to get you and Kazutora back... and we'll defeat Kisaki."

"Yeah... I'll beat him up for what he did." You smiled calmly, walking towards the vet. "Also, that Takemitchy, he's pretty weird."

"Hm? How so?"

"He was talking like I was going to die." He said, making you flinch. You looked up at him in worry, but he only laughed it off. "He looked like he was about to cry! Reminds me of when you used to cry so easily!" [CAUSE YOU ARE]

"H-hey..! I don't cry easily..!"

"Whatever keeps your boat floating, (Y/N)."

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"So... it'll be tomorrow..." Baji said, dropping you off at your house. You nodded, looking down on the ground solemnly. "Don't worry. I'm gonna beat up that rat till you can't recognize him!"