41 - Birthday gifts

I'm writing the second book ( ' ∀ ')ノ~ ♡

[Pardon? 😐]

~·~·~·~

Aki and Kazutora had just finished eating dinner served in their room. And to their surprise, her aunt, Chie, prepared a surprise and gave her a cake and a surprise.

"Mhh! Aunty has the best taste when it comes to cake!" Aki beamed, happily eating her slice of cake. She turned to her father, wanting to ask for more cake, but when she saw his expression, she frowned. "Dad? What's wrong? Is that cake not to your taste?"

"-Ahh... It's nothing." Kazutora answered with a nervous smile, poking into his barely eaten cake. He could see that Aki was not believing him and was waiting for him to answer honestly. "Really, it's nothing." he put on a smile, slicing a piece to give to Aki. "Just enjoy your cake. It'll let you eat cake tonight. But don't get too used to it."

".....Dad. Really. What's up? You look upset."

"....Don't worry. I'm just a bit sad that we'll be getting back so soon." Kazutora forced on a smile, forcing himself to eat the cake. It's just, this cake that they were having, this was (Y/N)'s favourite cake, redecorated to be a birthday cake. She wrote a lot about this bakery that she often went to with Hina, Emma, Draken, and Mitsuya.

"Why don't you take a break from work?" Aki suggested, but Kazutora declined, saying that he can't take a break since he just took a vacation, and telling her he's fine once again. "Fine. But I'm going to ask aunty to keep an eye on you!"

"Haha, alright. Right, before you finish your cake. I have-"

"Excuse me, Kazutora Hanemiya-san. A guest has come to visit you." A voice sounded from outside, cutting the man off. That voice belongs to one of the staff. She was the one who led them to their room and the one who gave them the cake. "They're here for Aki-san's birthday. They're Kagawa-san's friends."

"Oh? Aunty's friends? I wonder which one." Aki muttered, recalling the many, many, many people that she's met that were acquaintances with her aunt.

"Oh, then please come in." Kazutora said as the doors opened, revealing the woman from before. "May I know they're.... Name?"

Both Aki and Kazutora gave each other a look of confusion and the 'the fuck' kinda look the moment they saw the other three figures waiting behind the woman. The one in the middle seemed to be the leader, a woman wearing a mask commonly seen in festivals. And the two behind her were two men, one tall and one short, both wearing masks, the same as the leader's. What a very strange group.

But considering they're Chie's friends, they didn't bother to ask questions. To Aki, she thinks that her aunt has eccentric friends. But to Kazutora, he knows that these three estranged masked people are not normal, they are far from it. All of Chie's contacts came from (Y/N). And (Y/N) was once affiliated with the now-disbanded Toman, so there's a high chance that those three are dangerous.

"Good evening, Aki-chan!!" The woman greeted the girl brightly, waving enthusiastically to the girl. "I came as promised!"

"...-AH!" Aki gasped as she realized who that voice belonged to. She heard this just a while ago, it's none other than the beautiful woman she saw at the hot springs, "Kei-san!! You're here!!"

Aki stood up and ran up to the woman, giving her a hug with a happy grin. She dragged her inside, making her sit down, along with her companions. Kazutora just stared in confusion, glancing over his daughter for questions.

"Ah, right, this is Kei-san." Aki introduced the masked woman enthusiastically. "We met at the hot springs earlier."

"Nice to meet you, Hanemiya-san." Kei greeted the man with a polite bow, KAzutora doing the same. "I learned that it was her birthday today, and coincidentally, I happened to hear from Kagawa-san that her niece was staying where I was and it was her birthday. So I wanted to drop by and give her a gift."