51 - Purge

2017

"So... you've come." The woman who stood by the large window overlooking the whole city spoke up with an expectant tone. She was a bit chilly as she was wearing nothing but her silk shirt and shorts, with a robe as her cover. "I've been expecting you, Mikey."

"I expected that, (Y/N)." Mikey replied with an empty tone as he sat at your bed, holding a gun on one hand and the key card to your apartment. "So... are you living happily?"

"How would you like me to answer that?" You asked, looking at the ring on your finger, a hatred item that you wish to burn. "Will you tell him your answer?"

"Don't worry, I'm here without his permission."

"I would've guessed. After all, I'm still in prohibition and you aren't allowed to be near me."

"So... what's your answer?"

It was a trick question, that much was obvious. Mikey is simply stalling time, not for you, but for himself. He's evaluating whether or not you would live, well, that's what you can tell anyways.

It's been so long since you've last seen the man that it made it hard to remember what it is that he was thinking about. In the past... you used to know what was on his mind before he thought of it, but now, you can't even recognize him when you look at him.

"It's a failed ending..." You whispered with a sigh. "I'm... living happily. By society's standards. I have a place that they call home, I have people who... love me, I have money in my bank, and I don't have to worry about a single thing in the world. Doesn't that sound like a perfect life?"

You opened the window, letting the cold wind rush inside, flying past your bare skin, but you weren't bothered by it. In fact, you welcomed it. It wakes you up to reality and sometimes even flush out some of its effects... the drugs placed in your meals, that is.

"It's nice isn't it?" You asked, leaning outside the window, relishing the night. It... might be your last, after all. "Mikey... I have one last request."

You could hear movement behind you as the man began to walk towards where you were standing. He stood beside you, watching the city by the closed window. You could see his reflection, making you sigh.

Your friend had not been sleeping in a while, nor had he been eating well.

You worry that he might pass away in hunger once you're gone.

"Your hair has grown out." You commented with a smile, making the man turn to face you. He looked... so tired. "Watch the stars with me... one last time."

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

You have many regrets in this life... one of them being her death. If you hadn't been so stubborn, if you had been smarter, if you had known... she could've lived.

Emma, the person you grew to treat as your own sister and your best friend, your other half.

He only wanted one thing... and since he couldn't get it, he resorted to using underhanded tactics.

"I killed Emma..." You whispered with a sad smile as you stood on the railings of the window, looking at the horizon as the sun began to rise. "Please... Mikey, hate me until the day you die. But I hope... that you can let go one day... not for me, but for her."

The man narrowed his eyes, standing behind you with an emotionless face, pointing the gun over to you, "Shut up. I'm going to kill you."

"No... you're wrong, Mikey... you aren't going to kill me." You crouched down, taking his face, dragging him closer to you until you two were face to face. You leaned closer, placing a kiss on his head. "I'm sorry..."

You stood up again, smiling at the man, but this time, it was genuine. He kept his eyes on yours, but this time, it held a small bit of emotion. You leaned back, brows furrowing upwards as the stars began to get outshined by the morning sun.

"Thank you, Mikey... for setting me free." You closed your eyes, relishing in the feeling of death coming by the second, memories rushing to you like a film. "Takemitchy... please..."

Ah... If only there was a chance to change things with your own hand... a way that you won't have to rely on Takemichi, you don't want to burden the man more than you already have.

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Mikey stood in silence, staring at the body that was sprawled on the ground. He couldn't... feel anything.

Everything felt... so dull and so empty.

Even so... how come he's crying?

Ah... perhaps the tears weren't from him, but from her who accepted death with a smile.

"You've changed..." Mikey whispered, kneeling down beside her, his tears dropping down to her face. One dropped to her eyes, cascading down like her own tears. That's right... She didn't cry at all.

(Y/N) has all grown up. Not once did she cry, not even in the face of death.

You've grown up to smile for him, while he cried for you. [Come on bro :(]

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"B-boss!! Boss!!" A Toman member rushed through the halls of the building, panting for air, his face pale as he was tasked with delivering the news. Everyone moved out of the way until he made it to the meeting room, barging in with all of Toman's top members present. "Boss!! There's an emergency!!"

"Huh? What the hell are you shouting about??" The boss asked with an irritated tone, slamming his fist on the table, making the other admins flinch in surprise. "Shut the fuck up. Can't you see we're busy?"

"Forgive me!" The member apologized, bowing his head. "But news just came in from the agents on her division!"

"...(Y/N)'s?" The leader's tone softened as he heard her name, even his right hand focused on the news. "What is it?"

"....She.... (L/N)(Y/N), the intelligence officer... was found dead this morning."

"What?"

There was a deafening silence in the room as the news spilled. The leader's face went from happy to angry in a matter of seconds and before they knew it, the one who came to deliver the news found himself dead on the ground, a bullet to his head.

"...(Y/N)..." The leader muttered, eyes wide and blank. "...My (Y/N)... is dead?"

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"...Who was it?" The leader muttered in a whisper as he held his lover's hand, her engagement ring now gone from her finger. "Who killed her?" [K1??] (Yuh?)

"Reports say that there was a traitor in (Y/N)'s division." Kakucho answered his leader's question, keeping a straight face. "As we speak, her division is being personally investigated by Matsuno, Hanemiya, and Mitsuya."

"No... stop the investigation." He stood up, taking off one earring and placing it on her ears. "Gather all of Toman's top admins."

"But Izana, you ordered them to not-"

"Gather them by sundown." Izana cut off Kakucho as he marched to the door. "We're terminating her whole division. I don't care if there's only one. They... killed her. So... they're all responsible."

"....Yes... I understand." Kakucho stood in silence as he watched Izana leave the room. He was definitely going to let off some steam before going through with the extermination. "...(Y/N)..."

Kakucho turned to face the body, a frown stretching upon his face. His mask slowly slipped away as he saw her laying down with no chances of ever waking up again. And just the other day they were eating dinner together... but now... she's dead.