21.5 - Twenty Seconds

K2 here, I hope you guys enjoy this cause K1 seem to like tormenting Hanma

~·~·~·~

Twenty seconds. Hanma never thought that twenty seconds could last so long.

"....Heh. Well played, (Y/N)." he said, moving his head as he planted one last kiss on your stilettos. "You've played me well... Thanks, love."

It's like time stopped for him to see everything... And in those painfully long twenty seconds, he could see just how stupidly blind love could be.

Love. How funny. That word never existed in his vocabulary.

It's funny how the one who taught him that word was someone who ended up killing him in the end.

He remembered... In the early years when you two first met, it was all fun and games, Hanma chasing after you just for the fun of it, but ending up truly falling in a hole filled with bullshit he never knew existed.

Perhaps... he started to take it seriously when the one he was chasing after wasn't the one who caught his attention.

It was around November... Ah, right, it was around when those two died did you change. The once smart and hard-to-read girl turned into a crying, depressed mess who had given up everything.

Perhaps it was his ego or his boredom that he decided to cheer you up, he wanted to feel the thrill of chasing after someone who won't fall for every word he uttered.

What he thought was his ego and his boredom turned out to be genuine feelings. He just didn't want to see you sulking and crying. It didn't sit right with him.

Hanma Shuji fell into a spiral of sweet bliss and pure emotions.

But (L/N)(Y/N) spiraled into madness and misery.

When Hanma finally realized that he truly loved someone, he discovered something he wished he didn't. And that was a possible connection you had with Toman's intelligence officer.

Kisaki had ordered him to take hold of you, get you to be attached to him, whether it be seduction, mind control, or even threaten, as long as Shuji got a hold of you, it was fine.

He went with it because he wanted to go out with you anyways. Plus, he knew that he's had a lot of progress with your emotions.

He treated it like those games. All he had to do was keep you satisfied, be it money, be it items, hell, even people, he presented everything to you. If you were with him, telling them what you knew, then Kisaki wouldn't have a reason to kill you.

But... When you smiled at him, whenever you laughed, your hold, your touch, your kiss...

Was it truly him who you were seeing?

It was only on his deathbed did Hanma realize just how much you've been living in a made up world... and he pitied you. He didn't have the heart to laugh at you, insult you or belittle you for it.

It was his fault that you turned into that, after all.

Someone who turned to another to fill the always empty heart she had. Although that heart is forever broken with its pieces taken by those you truly loved, all the love he gave you just spilled out, never truly filling it up.

Twenty seconds have passed.

Hanma felt a tear on his cheek, making him sigh. Well, this was death.

It was a bit far from his expectations. He expected you to send him off with the most hateful glares... but no... You gave him such a soft expression... A look of regret and pity... You're making him not want to die now.

But... that'd be selfish. He's had you for more than ten years, he should be thankful for you for making his life a lot brighter. 

In his last moments, Shuji raised his head, looking up to the ceiling, giving the only woman he loved full access to his death. But also... she didn't want her to see him crying. That'd be lame to his eyes. 

"I'm sorry... Shuji.."

||A.N||

Enjoythis! I'll be off for a small vacation! I won't be updating for a whilE!!

Also, I will keep bullying Hanma because I want to (✿◡‿◡)

He'll be like the Yvon and the Giyuu of this story

[This is not bullying bro, this is torment😬😬]