CHAPTER 21: Color

Y/N's POV

I once again stayed to work late to figure out the final details I want for my project. A little color, the professor said. I really had no idea so I was here, in the studio, under a dim light, staring at my project, trying to find out what I want to with it.

"Y/N?" 

I turned around and it was Sunghoon. At this hour? Did he make out with a random girl again? I mentally groaned, remembering the last time. 

"What are you doing just sitting there?" He asked, coming towards me. I was too preoccupied to even care about his presence right now. I have to figure this out soon. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just trying to see what's missing on my piece,"

"Focus maybe," he joked. I already know what he's talking about. I scoffed.

"What? Don't start, I poured out all my focus and brain power in this design,"

"Oh yeah? Explain it to me then," he challenged so I did exactly that. "Wow," he was completely speechless. I showed him the sketches and failed attempts and he couldn't say anything, which made me smirk.

"Impressive right?" I said but sighed. "Still the professor said I should add color," I said. I really have no idea what she meant by that but I'm determined to find out.

"You should look for inspiration then," he said, looking at my project over my shoulder. I glanced and his face was really close, so I looked forward again. 

"Like what exactly?" I asked. I was genuinely curious for his opinion. I know he isn't studying art but he seems to know something. 

"Me, maybe," he said, glancing over to me. I looked at him with a dissatisfied look. 

"Ugh, I should've expected this from you," I said and went back to my table to see if I do have anything that can go with this. "Why does a metal statue need color?" I muttered, confused.

"Maybe that isn't the color that can be seen," he said. I stayed silent.

Color that can't be seen

I kept repeating it over and over and then I got it. 

"Oh my God, you're a genius! I said and hugged him. I immediately let go. "Sorry,"

"Oh come on, I deserve more than a hug," he said smirking, putting his hands in his pockets and leaning his forehead against mine and smiled. 

"Oh please, you didn't even mean for me to get something out of that," I said and rolled my eyes looking away, creating a distance between us.

He put his hands on both sides of my neck and put my face close to his. I froze by the sudden action and all he did was look at my lips while playing with a strand of my hair. 

"You're pretty," he whispered. He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss and rested his forehead against mine again, looking into my eyes. I blinked a few times before stammering.

I pushed him off and excused myself. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I pushed my hair back and rested my hand on top of my head. I look at myself in the mirror again before repeatedly smacking it.

"Stupid stupid stupid stupid," I said while hitting myself.

I eventually calmed down and went back to the studio. I was hoping that he had left but he was on the chair, waiting for me to come back. I tried to avoid making eye contact and starting jotting ideas on how to make my piece complete.