17

Betty's POV
It was the next day and no sign of Jughead I was getting really worried about him.

I was eating dinner at Pops with my dad as he said "you okay? You keep looking out the window."

I replied with "I miss Jughead, I don't know where he is after that night...we haven't spoken and it's been two days so I'm getting worried."

He sighed and said "I'm sorry that your mother and siblings did that and were pushing him."

I sighed and said "it's fine dad...I just want to know if he's okay because...I'm just...scared like really scared."

He nodded and held my hand and said "how about I get us more fries for our milkshake?"

I smiled and nodded, he smiled and walked over. Suddenly my phone rang, I grabbed it and saw Archie's number.

I sighed and said "hey Arch what's up?"

He then said "I found Jughead and we're close to getting home."

I smiled and said "thank god...thanks umm can you tell him to call me, Ive been really worried..."

He said "will do."

I smiled and hung up, my dad came back and I dipped my fries into it and he did too as Jughead called me.

I went away from the table saying "Juggie?"

He then said "hey I'm sorry I didn't call you back or answered any calls I was just needing to clear my mind up about everything because your family treats you like shit and I know what it feels like and I hate seeing people do it to you."

I smiled and said "Jug...it's fine...I just want you to come home please..."

He then said "I'm coming home Betts, don't worry okay?"

I smiled and said "I love you Juggie..."

He then said "I love you Betts."

I smiled and hung up.

I sat down with my dad saying "can we wrap this up, Jughead's coming home..."

He smiled and nodded as we quickly hurried
packing the food. I got home and soon after there was a knock, I smiled and ran to open but saw a police officer.

I was confused and he said "are you Betty Cooper?"

I nodded and he said "may we speak with you?"

I got worried and stepped out of the house saying "is there something wrong officer?"

He sighed and said "your boyfriend Jughead Jones he was hit in a car crash about a few blocks from here."

My jaw dropped and said "what...no...no, no, no, no he's not...he's coming home he's not..."

He sighed and said "he was hit mainly in the impact the other person in the car is being treated at the moment your boyfriend is in critical condition."

I shook my head saying "no...no no he was supposed to come home I was supposed to hug him and tell him I love him..."

Suddenly my dad came out and he saw me and I hugged him crying as the officer repeated to him what happened. Soon we were at the hospital. I was holding my dad as he tried calming me down and soon I saw Veronica she ran to me and I hugged her.

She said "it's gonna be okay B...he's gonna be okay."

I cried and held her saying "I can't have him die, he can't be dead, tell me he's not dead Veronica..."