18

Jughead's POV
It's been a few days since I've left the hospital and everything was great actually, Betty and I have been going strong, she has been helping to feed me and stuff and since she's my little nurse sometimes gives me my meds such as my pain meds and my sexual needs meds. Cooper has also been sweet to me and has been cuddled up with me whenever I'm at her place or when she brings him to mine. I've been so happy with Betty, it's been amazing being with her once again, our bond has been growing for these last few weeks of her trying to nurse me back to health it's been amazing. It's now the end of August. We met last year in October. Almost a full year has gone by...it blows my mind how time passes. As we were cuddling on the couch while watching movies.

I stroked her head as she said "this has been amazing with you all good and in tip top shape."

I smiled and said "me too Betts."

I held her face as she smiled and I kissed her.

I pulled away as she said "how about I make some lunch for us...how about I make a subways sandwich for you at home?"

I laughed and she ran to the kitchen, I then saw Mr Cooper coming down the stairs with like five boxes, I ran over and grabbed three.

He said "thank you Jughead."

I smiled as Betty came over as we set them down.

"What's going on dad?" She asked.

He then said "going through some old boxes in the attic, I guess your mother left some of her stuff."

Betty walked over curiosity.

But I yelled "my sandwich!"

She laughed saying "calm down Juggie."

I frowned as she opened some boxes and I saw an album, she opened it and smiled but frowned.

She said "dad..."

He saw and frowned.

I asked "what's wrong?"

She then said "my mom made up albums of baby photos for each of her kids...she made one for Charles, for Polly...then me...and I guess...she took Pollys and Charles's...but she never took mine, nor did she...start one..."

I sighed and she had a frown looking at the album and the photos.

She sighed and said "she made these to tell us in the future how much she loved us...well times have changed..."

Her dad sighed and she just set it down saying "I'll make your sub sandwich."

She walked over and I said "I'm sorry Mr Cooper..."

He nodded and I said "Mr Cooper can I actually talk to you?"

He nodded and I took him aside and said "your feeling better right dont think you'll leave remission no?"

He laughed and said "I've been going to get check ups I'm good Jug, and I really can't control if I do go back but, why are you asking?"

I sighed and said "I wanna propose to Betty...and I really really...want to make her dreams come true of you walking her down the aisle."

He smiled and said "your a good man, you have good intuition and intention. Betty has told me stuff about you that...I find wrong, however your overall a good man and you take care of her well. I wouldn't take that happiness from her."

I smiled and shook his hand as he hugged me and patted my back.

He said "I also would love to take her down the aisle..."

I smiled and said "thank you..."

He nodded and I walked over to Betty and kissed her she smiled and I smiled back.

I said "don't think about your mom...she's stupid because she lost the perfect daughter."

She smiled and I kissed her as she kissed me back and she continued making me my sandwich. I was then at Archie's as he saw the ring and smiled.

"Your really gonna do it?" He asked me.

I nodded and he smiled saying "when?"

I shrugged and said "when it feels right."

He laughed and hugged me.

I said "I would also love it if you be my best man."

He smiled and nodded saying "I would love too Jug."

I sighed and said "I still don't know when so when it happens you'll know."

He smiled and suddenly Veronica came downstairs and saw the ring and gasped.

"Are you gonna propose!" She shouted.

I laughed and she squealed saying "this is amazing! When!"

I shrugged saying "when it feels right."

She hugged me saying "I'm so happy for you Jug."

I smiled and she said "I can't wait! Do you think I'll be the maid of honor!? I hope so!"

I laughed and so did Archie as Veronica said "I hate you guys. But now that means we won't be the only ones married Archiekins!"

She got on his back and he held her legs.

He said "I mean...yeah."

I laughed as they kissed and I said "I want to wait, don't know how long but the time will come when it's right."

They nodded and I smiled. When I was home I was missing Cooper and Betty.

I called her and she picked up "hey Jug what's up?"

I sighed and said "Ive been missing you and Cooper."

She laughed and suddenly I heard meows in the background.

Betty said "Cooper and I miss you too but I miss you more."

Suddenly I heard a hiss and Betty said "fine! Cooper misses you more."

I laughed and she did too as it followed up with purring.

"You know I love you a lot right?" I asked.

She laughed and said "I love you more Juggie...more than I can ever express, show, say."

I smiled and said "I'll call you tomorrow?"

She hummed and I hung up. I took a look at the ring.

I sighed saying "I love you mom..."

As I set it back in its box and put it away in a drawer I suddenly heard my phone ring once again and I grabbed it seeing an Unknown Number.

I answered it and said "Jughead Jones speaking who is this?"

Suddenly I heard "Jughead?"

I dropped my pencil as I worried for the next sentence that came out of this person mouth.

"Dad..."