My Friend is a Reaper

Another day finishes as the bell rung.

The halls inside a large building were flooded up by countless of students and staff alike, exiting the building, cleaning the halls and classes, or entering clubrooms.

Let's meet the star of the show as he had just finished packing his things into his bag where nobody else could be seen in his vision. He sighs as it was just himself, not one person would walk with him home or to practice or to anywhere that he or a pair of friends would like to go to.

He gets up from his seat and heads out with his bags to the rugby field to practice, going through the doorframe and-

Thump!

He bumps into someone, accidentally dropping his rugby gear to pick it up as a voice of a girl groans, irritated. "Oi! Watch where you're-"

Looking up with a glare, he expected some asshole to act tough against him. But instead, his eyes met with a tangerine one, recognizing the girl that turned from annoy to glee.

"Oh, hey, Y/n!"

"Sup?"

The two just stares at each other, Gamo was still dazed at his good looks while Y/n was expecting her to say something.

Nothing comes out from her as he heads to the other direction. "Well, I gotta go... Important matters..." he waved behind him and heads off to the outside world. He opens the entrance door open and lets the beam of light hit his face, taking in such a beautiful weather for a minute.

Then he sighs softly. "Did you needed something?" He asks the figure behind him, Gamo as she stays by his side. "No... Just wanted to walk with you, that's all!" She grins.

"Well, I'm heading to the field... Don't let me waste your time..." he says and heads off once more. This time, Gamo tailed by his side while the walk was silent. Not a lot that they could talk about in Y/n's eyes as he lets the girl do what she wanted for now. "So..."

Y/n side glanced at the girl. "So?"

"So what position do you play?"

He does a full glance now, looking forward and staying silent for a second. "...Midfielder..." he says. "Midfielder?" She asked once more as he nods. "Is that on offense or defense or..."

His hand throws two fingers up. "Both... It's both..."

A pair of orange eyes widens but reverts back. "You must be really good then..."

"Nah... I think I'm just okay..."

"Okay?" Gamo darts a look at him. "OKAY?!"

Now that scared Y/n a bit as he looks up at her with a stern look on her face. "You hit people hard, you're fast, you score a lot of points and you're telling me you are 'okay'?"

He shrugs a bit. "Yeah..."

"No! You're more than okay! You're amazing!"

That hits him. A compliment he would never receive from anyone else besides his team and his parents. Sure they would say it because they have to and sometimes to admire his exceptionally high talents but from someone he have met for a short term, he was ready to smile brightly to her.

Yet at the same time, he's gotta live up the name that everyone gave him as he lets out a huff that calmed his little excited mood.

The rest of the walk was just Gamo talking about her stories and praising him a bit more. Soon they get to a field where his team could be seen sitting by the sidelines.

The boy takes a sigh and walks onto the field, ready to stretch for today s practice.

"See you tomorrow!"

He stops in his path. The girl called to him saying that she was going to see him tomorrow. But...

"Why..."

"Hm?"

His head boiled with confusion and anger.

"Why do you still fuck with me?" He turns back with a more remorseful look on his face, yet kept himself calm. "I have a bad reputation towards students and some teachers... so why do you act like I'm your friend?" He asks once more.

Then an answer he least expect it. "Because you are my friend!"

When the words came out of her mouth, his eyes widens a bit.

Her friend?

He adverts his gaze away from her, wanting to figure out if she was just toying with him. "...You don't... like me?"

Out of his unnatural reaction, he looks up and starts to fumble with his words. "I-I- No! It's not like that!" He stutters and sighs.

Why am I so fucking flustered?!

He was frustrated. The mixed feeling he was not aware of was bottled up inside his gut. It was also making him sick as Gamo took note of his unusual personality.

Does he... not have any friends?

She was kind of surprised at that. For a boy with such studious skills and attractive looks, he doesn't have a single friend to lean on.

She gains a small request. "Give me your phone..."

"M-My phone?" He was hesitant but takes it out and hands it to Gamo. She starts fiddling around with it before grabbing her own out and starts playing with it as well.

It took awhile until she hands him his phone back. "What were you doing?" He asks but was met with a girl focusing down on her device. Kind of rude Y/n thought until...

Ding!

He gazes down at his phone and sees a notification. It was a message as he taps on the banner and read what it says.

🧡 Maki Gamo 🧡

I was putting my number down
on your phone ;)

He looks back up at the girl who smiled and starts typing some more.

Ding!

🧡 Maki Gamo 🧡

I gave you my number because
your my friend

I wanna hang out with you some
time

Get to know a little bit more
about you

He looks back up at her and sees a warm smile forming on her face. It was making his stomach queasy from such a sight but it felt kind of... kind of good...

"Well... I'll let you practice with your team for now!~" she waved to him as Y/n does so back. He was still confused at the moment as he slowly turns and heads to his team where they saw the whole situation unfold. "Who was that?"

"Nobody..."

"Doesn't look like nobody... Was it a girl?"

"Yeah..."

I mean there was no hiding it. It's not like boys can't be friends with girls, right?

"Girlfriend?"

He winces at the word and turns to his teammate with a deathly glare. "Say that again and I'll make sure you won't walk after practice..."

"Alright, alright, we cool... I was just asking..." he puts his hands up innocently as his gaze was becoming much more softer than before.

"Well, you're wrong..." he says before taking his seat by the sidelines and stretched a bit.

Not before he takes one last look at the number on his phone before starting to smile to himself.

I'm... her friend... That feels... nice...