The Reaper's Second Confrontation

"Are you sure you don't want me to grab a shift?"

A boy asks curiously as his team was setting up a tent near a rugby field, one of the co-captains smiles and pats his shoulder.

"It's fine, Y/n! You gotta make up with that girl and ask her to hang out at the festival!" He assured him, everyone else on the team and all gave the h/c a small thumbs up each.

The boy was a little persistent about the situation but eventually, "...I... Okay... Thanks..." he nods softly.

"Anytime! Now go get her!" His co-captain exclaims and pushes him away from the team. Y/n turned back one last time at the boys who he could finally call them his friends and people to rely on.

Then a nod was all he gave them before he takes off from the group and in pursuit of a girl who had orange eyes and hair.

"Go get her, Y/n... We believe in you..."

...

"Gamo?"

"Gamo..."

"Where are you, Gamo?"

Y/n tried desperate to find a familiar girl who he had a crush on for months and months now, looking thoroughly outside and inside of the school's building.

From the festival tents to the classrooms to even in the boys' bathroom, there was no sign of the girl as the boy pants softly while walking through the halls of the school.

"Dammit... Where are you, Gamo?" The boy asked furious as he turns the corner of the small pathway and stops in his path.

There she was, the girl with orange hair and eyes as she had exit one of the clubrooms, turning and facing the entrance where she came from as Y/n instinctively runs back behind the wall and presses his back against it.

"Shit... Calm down, man..." he had his hand on his chest, still a little tense just from taking a good look at the girl down the hall. "It's Gamo we're gonna ask out... Gamo... our best friend..."

Ba-Thump...

"...Shit, okay... Breathe in... Breathe out..."

He does so, taking a few breaths in as his heart continues to pound away at his chest. He groans softly. "I shouldn't be this fucking tense at all... Dammit..."

As of now, the boy was more tense than ever.

And it was all thanks to his reputation and his instincts that parted their relationship this way. Being rude, yelling at the girl, putting her down, it filled him with shame and anxious, his body shook a second before finally calming down.

But by that time, Y/n peeked around the corner.

A scene he couldn't handle.

She finds a few boys along with all of her best friends and Naoto hanging around with her. They left their spot and made their way outside of the building as his head was filled with blood rushing into his head.

Yet, he felt... left out.

It seems that Gamo had moved on from Y/n because of his careless act as she hung around with the newer boys she hasn't met before. Was she really deeply affected by Y/n's scolding from yesterday?

Then, a tear drop threatened from his eye as it took its time to finally fall and run down his face. Y/n tries to stay strong, wiping away the stream as he heads the other direction, outside as his brain couldn't process these mixed emotions he was receiving.

"...I need a drink..."

...

Ker-plunk!