The Reaper is Leaving

The air was silent.

Background music of other students his age were talking, shouting, and walking were just outside of the clubroom.

A few figures were present in the room, one painted quietly while a few more surrounded an obviously stressed out boy with his hands in his hair. His friends who were all girls since the beginning of his third year in high school all comforted and tried their best to cheer the only masculine person at the table.

"How am I gonna break the news to her?" His voice shakingly said, the atmosphere continues to be filled with dead silence and brushes of a paint brush on a canvas. "You have to tell her, Y/n..." the new girl in the friendship circle, Hana Sunomiya replied, stopping herself from painting and turns to the distressed boy.

Hana was one of the girls in Gamo's circle that he rarely talks to along with her older cousin, Sana. But where was Gamo you may ask?

"She has to know soon or later... Either before your departure or when she realizes you're not in Japan anymore..." Hayase, one of her best friends had chipped in on the conversation as well.

That's right, Gamo wasn't here for Y/n's sake.

Even though the two are obvious lovebirds that can't get enough of their attention, Y/n was met with a fork in a road and needs his girlfriend's friends' help.

This was a decision and a confession he needs to express to her but he couldn't. At least not in a way where her feelings would be hurt from the sudden news.

If anything, he had to blame his parents' fault. Not that he hated them but if they had talked to him about it, this whole situation wouldn't be in shambles right now.

But it is...

He wanted Gamo's opinion first for himself but was going to college all because of that coach from Alabama.

Somehow he had gotten in contact with his parents so now he has "committed" to the university as a student-athlete. He didn't wanna go there because the last time he checked, not a single rugby team was present in the school. Let alone a college league for him to play as he decided for himself he wasn't going there.

Yet he's already enrolled.

Graduation is already around the corner as he has to take his leave for him to start practicing for another sport the man that tried to recruit him said was just like rugby.

How the fuck is football the same thing to rugby? I can't tackle people and do rucks... I'm not really good at kicking either...

The brakes were off and now he has to meet Gamo to tell her about it all. "...Shit... I really need to talk Gamo... I'm not letting her know the truth by herself..."

"As soon as possible you mean?" Yoshi clarified as the boy nods. "I need to tell her before I leave..."

"You want to tell her soon?"

"Yes, Yoshi! Soon!"

"...Even now?"

"...Huh?"

He looks up at Yoshi to find her staring behind him.

Following his trace to the entrance of the club, his heart sank like a shot boat.

"G-Gamo..."

"...Is it true?"

"W-What's true, bab-"

"That you're leaving Japan!"

Y/n tries to put up an act but realized that there was no easy way out of it. He sighs softly and nods. "...Yeah..."

It was hard for him to say it, especially when his girlfriend isn't gonna like it. But telling her now is better than letting her figure it all out on her own.

"I'm... going to America for college..."

And as expected, she was taking it light heartedly. She gave him an angry pout that Y/n always thought was cute. Only this time, he wasn't teasing the redhead as she clenched her fists to her sides.

"Why do you have to go to that college?! At the very least talk to me about going out of state?!"

"I didn't have a choice, okay?! My parents kinda did it without me! They said it was famous for their sports so they just threw me in there without even telling me anything!"

The two argued.

One of the first times since ever as Gamo's eyes welled with tears of betrayal and anger while Y/n used all of his power to try and calm Gamo down.

This went on for minutes, the two squabbled while their friends could only watch. They were filled with guilt and awkwardness, having Gamo to learn about his sudden departure for a college where she couldn't see him.

At this point, Gamo stopped.

The tears finally fell down her face as she looks down at the ground. "We were supposed to be in this together..." her soft voice squeaks pleadingly as the h/c stood in front of her.

"I know, baby... It was out of my control and they're going to force me to go there..." he then brushed her face, taking a feel of her plump cheeks as his e/c continued his loving and shameful stare at his girlfriend.

"...I'm sorry..." was the last thing he said before Gamo glances back up at the boy before running off.

"...Gamo..."

He wanted to stop her but this would've been for the best for now. His gaze adverts back down at the ground as his hands shook while his mind bottled up with these emotions.

"...Please forgive me..."