The Reaper's Having Fun

Ker-Plunk!

The sound of a drink drops down from a vending machine once more, glass threatened to fall after receiving such pain as a hand reaches into the bottom and grabbed a bottle of water out.

That hand was none other that a redhead's one, orange specifically as the girl took the water bottle in her hand and walks over to a bench where sat a bruised up boy along with many of her friends standing near him to make sure he doesn't do anything rash or run.

"Are you sure you don't want us to wait for you?" One of them, Sakura asks as Gamo shakes her head in response. "I'm good... You guys go in ahead..." she replied back as her friends were hesitant but decided to go without her.

Gamo watched her friends leave and glanced down at the boy who's eyes stared down at the ground, his breaths were audible from the fight as she taps his shoulder.

"Here..." she offers out the drink to Y/n. He stared at it and took it into his hand and placed it on his cheek. "Thanks..." was all he could say before Gamo sits down next to him, the distance was close but enough to let them think to themselves.

Especially with Y/n as he was ten feet deep into his thoughts as he remembers his objective.

Now's the perfect time to apologize... You can do it, Y/n... Just say your sorry for yelling at her...

The boy takes a deep breath in and...

"...I'm sorry..."

...But it wasn't his voice that said it. Instead, a girl's voice that sat next to him as he turns and find Gamo in a reddening state. She looked shy but determined to speak her mind out.

"...I'm sorry that I called you 'Paisen' yesterday... I'll stop calling you that from now on..."

Pretty short but she really beat him to the punch. While at the same time, she didn't want the name calling to stop. Specifically from Gamo as he actually wants to give her a nickname as well. He takes in another breath and spoke his mind.

"To be honest, I really don't mind... I just... didn't know why you called me that out of the blue so I thought you were going to bully me..."

Gamo looked at him as he had a calming look. He wasn't smiling but she knew how genuine and gentle he was from the tone of his voice. "...I don't mind if you call me Paisen..."

"...No..."

"...No?"

He was taken back at her sudden answer. But it wasn't bad. Instead, something more playful. "...I think I wanna call you p/n instead~..."

"H-Huh?!"

"It's much more cuter and it suits you better~..."

She then pinches his cheeks as he blushed like crazy. Gamo giggles at his embarrassed state as she gets off from the bench and turns to Y/n with a wide smile.

"Come on!~ We gotta explore the festival!~"

"With your friends?"

Gamo stays silent. She winced back but turns away as she her face matched the color with Y/n's face.

"No... Just... the two of us..." she stutters as Y/n knew what this meant. A date or a simple hangout with just Gamo. Whatever the case, Y/n was content with it.

"O-Okay..." he says as he gets up from his seat and gave Gamo a small smile. "Let's go then..." he said as a heart belonging to a redhead suddenly skipped a beat. That smile he always hid from everyone would always get to her as she nods profusely and the two head into the school's festival to have some fun.