chapter three.

DREW'S POV

"Time for another." I said to myself as I downed the last of what was in my beer bottle. "Anyone need another?" I asked the guys as I got up from the couch, each one of them shaking their head.

I headed over to the cooler where Chase kept the extra alcohol that didn't fit in their fridge. I tossed the empty bottle into the recycling trash can before opening the cooler and grabbing myself another one, twisting the top off and tossing the cap into a jar Mads had for her 'crafts'.

I took a sip of the cold beverage and sighed in satisfaction as I swallowed.

"Drew," I heard Chase say softly as he walked up to me. He then tossed his empty bottle into the trash where I threw mine. "I gotta ask, what's up with Mallory?" He asked me as he now leaned against the kitchen counter.

I took another sip of my beer before licking my lips and biting my bottom lip out of nervousness. I was hoping nobody would ask, but considering Chase was my best friend, I should've been prepared for it.

"She uh, she just moved here from Philadelphia, like three days ago. She has no friends or anyone here a-and uh, she got harassed out in public today." I told Chase. I didn't want to go into the depth that she told me, but I wanted him to know that I saw her as someone more than a random girl off the street. "I-I wanted to make her feel comfortable, I wanted her to make some friends. What better friends to be introduced to than you guys?"

Chase smiled as he shook his head. "Buddy, listen to yourself. You just brought a random girl off the street into my home. She knew who you were dude, she knew who we were. Of course she's gonna act innocent, 'cause then you'll feel bad and let her into your life." He explained to me and I immediately started shaking my head. "C'mon man, girls will do anything to get with a celebrity."

"No man," I shook my head. "She's different, I swear. I don't know what it is, b-but when she ran into me and I saw her for the first time, I-I felt something click." I tried to tell him. "I know it sounds crazy," I paused as I looked over at Mallory before looking back at Chase. "But something felt right."

Chase shook his head as he lightly chuckled before taking another sip of his beer. "When she uses you for fame, I don't want to hear it. Has she asked you to take a picture together yet? Post you on her snap or insta?"

"Huh?" I gawked at what he was saying. "W-What? No. She hasn't. I don't even think she's looked at her phone since we've been together." I told him.

"Alright," Chase shrugged. "I give it two days."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at his stance on Mallory. As crazy as it seemed, I knew there was something special about her. I haven't been interested in anyone since my last relationship three years ago, but they say when you know, you know. And when Mallory ran into me, I knew.

"I'm gonna prove you wrong," I told him. "O-Okay listen to it like this." I thought of something that he'd be able to understand better. "You know when you're doing a really tough puzzle, and it takes you forever to finish it, right?" I asked to make sure he was following along and he nodded. "So you think you finish the puzzle but then you realize you're missing a piece. And you're looking everywhere for that piece. Days, weeks, even months go by and you still can't find that piece. Right? Then, just when you're about to give up, that piece comes out of no where a-and you put it in the spot it belongs and it just clicks. That," I stated. "That is exactly what she feels like."

Chase raised his eyebrows as he took a sip of his beer. "So she's your missing puzzle piece? Is that it?"

"Yeah dude." I nodded. "I swear to God."