chapter thirty nine.

MALLORY'S POV

I walked up to Drew's trailer and I felt my heart ache as I realized this would be one of the last times I would be doing this. This was one of the last times I'd be walking up to Drew's trailer and this would be one of the last times we'd be spending our lunch break together. I loved the routine we had on our work days, and I was so sad this was coming to an end.

I gently knocked on the door before opening it, seeing Drew sitting at the small desk in the corner of the room. He looked up at me, a smile on his lips as I entered the trailer.

"Hey babe," Drew greeted me as he stood up.

"Hey," I breathed, a small smile now on my lips. I looked down at the bag of food in my hand as I walked over to my boyfriend. "Mads and I ended up getting sandwiches from that deli around the corner. Quick and easy." I told him as I set the bag on the table. I began to dig through the bag, taking Drew's food out and giving it to him.

"Oh awesome." Drew said softly as I felt him kiss the top of my head. "They have the best turkey BLTs." He told me as he unwrapped his sandwich, realizing that was exactly what I got him. "You are seriously the best." Drew grinned before he leaned down and kissed my lips. "Thank you, Mal."

We sat down across from each other at the table as Drew began to eat his food. Though my lunch was sitting in front of me, I couldn't bring myself to eat it. I didn't have an appetite as I continued to think about this being one of the last times I'd get to have lunch with Drew. 

Tomorrow was our last day on set before we all went home for the holidays. Everyone, except me, was going to return to Charleston after the new year and begin the filming process for the show. I, on the other hand, would be going back to LA, and since tomorrow was the last official day of my internship, I no longer worked for the show. Our lives were going to be so much more different after tomorrow, it made me worried for our relationship.

"Mal," I heard Drew say and I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. "Why aren't you eating?"

"I'm not really hungry." I told him as I shrugged, not knowing why my thoughts made me completely lose my appetite.

"What's going on? You've been quiet lately." He noted and my eyes directed to his, realizing he noticed my minor change in behavior.

"It's just," I sighed, not knowing how to tell him how I was feeling. It wasn't anything he could fix, but I was hoping he would understand. "Drew, tomorrow is my last day working for the show. My internship is officially over and I'll be graduating in a couple weeks. After the holidays I'm gonna have to move back to LA and you're gonna be either here or in Barbados. We're gonna go from practically living with each other to never seeing each other again. I'm not ready to be away from you and all of this like that. I'm not ready for this to be over." I ranted to him as I felt a tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away, not wanting to get upset in front of Drew.

"I'm not ready for this to be over either." He admitted. "I can't believe tomorrow is already your last day working here. It's gonna be so different without you around. I don't know what I'm gonna do."

"I don't know what I'm going to do either." I said quietly, almost in a whisper. I looked down at my fingers and began to pick at a cuticle as I bit the inside of my lip, trying to prevent myself from crying. This had all been such a dream come true, it hurt me so much that it was coming to an end.