chapter thirty five.

Drew,

I can't believe I'm even writing this letter. This is like my hundredth time trying to write it so I hope I don't get any tears on it and I say everything I need to.

I want to start off by saying you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I want you to know that once you came into my life, I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. Now, I have to.

I'm not going back to LA for just a week, I'm going back for good. I'm no longer working for OBX. I'm no longer living in Charleston with you and some of the best friends I had ever made. And I'm so sorry you have to find out this way, but I'm no longer your girlfriend.

Before you ask yourself what happened or why I'm writing this, ask Chase. He'll tell you everything. Just know that it was nothing you did. It's not your fault and I don't want you to think even for a second that it was. Once he tells you everything, I want you to tell him that I said he was right. He was right and he should be proud because no one else was.

And because he was right, I had to leave. I had to leave because I have no business being here. I had no right to come into everybody's lives like I did, and for that, I am sorry.

I'm sorry it happened this way, I'm sorry you found out this way. I wish I could be there to explain myself but it only makes sense for you to believe one of your best friends than some girl you ran into on the street 2 months ago. That would be silly, wouldn't it?

It's so hard to write this and do this after what you told me last night. I should tell you that you don't love me, that you can't be in love with me. You can't be in love with someone you met only 2 months ago. But I'd be lying because I'm so in love with you too. 

In the 2 months we've known each other, you've shown me a type of love I've never experienced before. You made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world and I am so forever grateful for you and the life we lived together in the past couple months.

Thank you for introducing me to your friends and showing me a part of life I didn't know I was missing. I will never forget you and the memories we made together.

Best of luck to you and everyone else on season 3. I can't wait to see the magic you guys create.

I love you so much, Drew. Thank you for everything.

Love always,
mallory

"What the fuck." I gasped as I finished reading the letter that I held in my hands.

"Well?" I heard Mads say. "What does it say?"

I looked up from the letter and looked over at Chase, my jaw clenching as I read that he had something to do with this. I went up to him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pulling him close to me.

"What the fuck happened?!" I yelled at him. "What did you do?!"

"Drew," Rudy said as he came up to Chase and I, trying to pull me away from him. "Calm down buddy, what does the letter say?"

"She's gone!" I yelled. "She's gone and she's not coming back." I looked at Chase, tears pricking my eyes as I realized I just lost one of the most important people in my life.

"I can explain," Chase started off. "Look, Drew, I was only looking out for you, man. I know you were into her, but you let her into your life and our lives so easily. You can't just trust people like that. You didn't even know her-"

"I was into her?!" I questioned his choice of words. "Chase, I'm in fucking love with her!"

"Okay," Chase nodded. "But doesn't it seem strange to be in love with someone you just met?" He asked me and I looked at him in utter disbelief.