chapter fourteen.

MALLORY'S POV

After a long night out with Drew, I woke up the next morning surprisingly well-rested. Drew didn't get me home until about midnight last night, and I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about our conversations, and I was nervous and excited to start my internship today.

I was going to be working for one of the biggest streaming platforms in the world, I didn't know how I got so lucky to land this opportunity.

Though it was just an internship that I needed to fulfill my remaining college credits, this was still life changing for me. I've lived in Los Angeles for a week now and I've already had a life changing experience, meeting Drew.

I walked up to the building that I would be calling my second home for the next fifteen weeks. I took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to prepare my nerves for the day I was about to have.

I was fortunate enough to find an apartment close to the building, so I decided to walk, rather than take public transportation. It only took me about twenty minutes to walk there, which I didn't mind since I could listen to music and get lost in my own little world before working.

I now walked into the building, taking in the enormous entry way that was entirely made out of a tan marble. I was greeted by a secretary, whom I figured could help lead me in the right direction.

"Hi," I smiled. "I'm Mallory Hudson, I'm the new intern."

"Oh, yes!" She realized who I was. "Mr. Barclay is expecting you." She nodded. "Take those elevators and go up to the eighth floor. His office will be to the left and he'll be able to help you from there." She told me as she pointed to elevators off to the right side of the building.

"Perfect," I nodded. "Thank you."

I made my way over to the elevator, preparing myself for meeting my boss for the first time in person. I had met him before, just over video chat or over the phone, but meeting him in person was going to be much different.

As the elevator went up, I looked down at my phone to check the time and saw that I was about fifteen minutes early. As I looked down at my lock screen for the time, a text from Drew popped up. I immediately opened his message, wondering why he was texting me at 7:45 in the morning.

Drew
Today 7:45 AM

good luck today!!!! you're gonna kill it!
see you at 4:)

I smiled down at his text, appreciating the thought he had to text me, especially so early in the morning, since Mads told me he usually gets up late.

I responded to Drew, thanking him and telling him that I couldn't wait until it was time for him to pick me up.

I was so glad that Drew picked me up last night and we spent the whole night talking. It allowed us to get to know each other even better, and we surprisingly had a lot in common despite our five year age difference.

Plus, getting to know Drew made my feelings for him grow even stronger.

The elevator dinged and the doors open to reveal the eighth floor of the building, which was where my boss was located. I exited the elevator and turned down the left hallway, reaching an office labeled Mr. Mark Barclay - Senior Production Manager.

I took another deep breath and exhaled, getting ready to start my day. I knocked on the door of the office and within seconds, it opened.

"Mallory," My boss smiled at me. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, in person this time." He chuckled as he stuck out his hand for me to shake.