chapter four.

Drew pulled up to my apartment building before throwing his car in park. Our hands pulled apart for the first time during that fifteen minute ride and I unbuckled my seatbelt as Drew watched me.

"Want me to walk you up?" He asked softly.

"It's okay," I told him. "It's actually that third door there." I pointed to a front door that was easily visible from his car. "So, you can just watch me if you want."

Drew nodded, a small smile on his lips. "So uh," He started as he licked his lips, now making eye contact. Part of me was hoping he was going to kiss me, but I'd be an idiot for thinking that would happen. "When can I see you again?" 

I cleared my throat, trying to push away the thoughts of us making out roughly in the front seat of his car. "Well," I nodded. "What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Um," He thought for a second before shaking his head. "N-Nothing, I-I don't think anything."

I smiled as I thought of something we could do. "Pick me up tomorrow at two. Okay?" I demanded and he quickly nodded. "See you tomorrow." I said to him as we stared at each other for a few more seconds. "Bye," I quickly said before I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thank you." 

I exited his car and made my way towards my apartment. I couldn't believe I kissed Drew Starkey on the cheek. I walked up the steps to my front door and unlocked it with my key before looking back at Drew. I hesitated going inside because I wanted to go back to his car and spend more time with him, but I fought against that urge and sent him a smile and wave before heading into my apartment for the night.

*********

DREW'S POV

I sat there watching Mallory walk up to her front door. I kept my focus on her, making sure she got in safely. Once she opened the door, she sent me a wave before walking in and closing the door behind her.

I held onto my steering wheel as I rested my forehead on the top of it. I let out a big sigh, trying to process everything that happened today. I went over everything in my head, from the second I laid eyes on her up until just a second ago when she kissed my cheek. I couldn't believe all of this happened.

I now lifted my head, my hands still gripping the wheel, as I looked up at her front door, hoping she would come back outside to me.

After a minute of staring at her front door, I realized she wasn't going to come back out, so that was when I took my cue to head back to my place.

We lived about fifteen minutes from each other. The entire time I was on my way back to my place, I couldn't knock her out of my head. When I explained how I felt about her to Chase, I couldn't help myself but believe that was more true.

Sure, she knew who I was. She knew who my friends were, but she didn't treat us like we were celebrities. She treated each one of us as if she had no idea who we were and she were meeting us for the very first time. She had no idea how much that meant to me, to just be treated like normal.

I also thought about what Chase said, that she could just be acting all innocent just to get into my life. I didn't know what it was about her, but I knew that wasn't true. When she asked me to take a picture with her before we left, it reminded me of what Chase said, how she's gonna post me and use me for clout. And when she did end up asking me for a picture, I was afraid of what Chase said might be true. So, when I asked her about it, she told me she had no intentions of posting it anywhere and she was just going to keep it for her own sake.

I trusted what she said, especially since I now followed her back on all the platforms. I'd be able to see whatever she posted, as well as my friends who followed her back.

The drive back to my apartment came to an end and I shook myself out of all of the thoughts I was having about Mallory.

I parked my car back in the same spot it was before and gathered my belongings as I headed over to the elevator. I pressed the button for the floor that I lived on and I felt the elevator begin to move up. As I looked at my phone to pass the time, I found myself on Mallory's Instagram page. I was looking at each of her pictures, my breath taken away from how stunning she was. She was so beautiful, she seemed like she enjoyed going on adventures, and going to concerts. She was a big family person, and she loved her dog. My kind of woman.

My thoughts were interrupted by the elevator dinging, telling me it arrived to my floor. As the doors opened, I saw Mads standing there looking down at her phone. I looked up at the floor number and saw it was only on the fourth floor.

"Where are you going?" I asked her and she looked up at me. This elevator was only going up, and I was the only person she knew who lived above her.

A smile spread across her lips as she saw me and stepped into the elevator. "Just the man I wanted to see." I cocked my eyebrow in confusion, not understanding why she wanted to come and see me. "Where are you coming from?" She now asked as the elevator doors closed and we began moving up again.

"I just dropped Mallory off." I told her.

"Ooo, dropped Mallory off." She giggled as she looked up at me with her eyebrows raised. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Speaking of," She started and I immediately shook my head.

"No." I cut her off. "Whatever you have to say, no. Chase already lectured me and I don't wanna hear it."

"C'mon Drewseph," She giggled as she called me my nickname. I could tell she was still a little drunk. "I just wanna talk to you as your girl best friend." She said as the elevator door opened. We both exited as we headed down the hallway to my apartment. "I just wanna know what's going on so I can be your wing-woman. Y'know?"

I sighed, feeling reluctant on what she had to say. "Fine." I sighed once more as we approached my door. I picked out my key from my key chain and opened the door. Though I knew how bad it seemed for me to befriending a complete stranger, I wanted to hear was Mads had to say considering she was a girl.

I opened my door and headed in, immediately turning on the lights as Mads followed me. I set my keys on the counter before turning to her and I watched her observe my apartment.

"When was the last time you straightened up?" She giggled as she gathered a couple empty water bottles and brought them to the recyclables trash can.

"I wasn't expecting company." I told her as I lightly rolled my eyes at her comment.

"But what if you brought Mallory back here." She raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms over her chest.

I rolled my eyes once again before I shook my head. "I gotta take a piss. Give me a sec." I announced as I made my way over to the bathroom. Once I entered, I closed the door behind me and locked it. I sighed for the millionth time at all of the thoughts racing through my head. I had no idea what Madelyn wanted to talk about, but I was hoping it wasn't a part two of Chase's lecture from earlier.

I really liked Mallory, I wanted to get to know her more of course, but something just drew me towards her. I was going to pursue her the best I could.

I finished my business and washed my hands before exiting the bathroom. I saw Mads sitting on a barstool at the island and she was looking through her phone.

"Alright," I sighed as I now leaned on the counter across from her. "What do you wanna talk about?"

*****

a/n:

thank you guys SO much for 200+ reads in a day!!! i appreciate it more than you guys even know. i'm getting more and more excited as i'm writing and i really hope you guys are enjoying it so far!!

i'll be releasing chapter five in a few minutes since it's just a continuation of this chapter (they were once one long chapter but i split them into two)

let me know what you guys think! pls vote & comment!!

-nicole<3