chapter twelve.

MALLORY'S POV

"Seriously, Mal, you good?" Cade knocked out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Y-Yeah," I stammered, trying to get myself together. "Yeah, I'm good." I lied.

"You haven't touched your dinner at all. And you're on your third glass of wine." He noted and I directed my attention to the half empty wine glass in front of me.

"Just nervous for Monday." I shrugged. Not only was I nervous to start my internship in less than two days, but I still hadn't heard from Drew, even after Mads and Chase told me they talked to him.

"Yeah," Cade smiled. "That's pretty dope." Was all he said acknowledging my internship and I nodded as I took a sip of my wine.

I thought about the day I would have on Monday, and I remembered Drew invited me over so he could make me dinner. I knew that wasn't happening now. I suddenly felt nauseous, thinking about how I ruined any chance between Drew and I and being friends with the rest of the cast. They were some of the coolest people I had ever met and I blew my chance.

"Um," I spoke after a minute and looked around for the bathroom, my eyes quickly landing on it. "Can you give me a sec?" I asked as I stood up. "I'll be right back."

"You good?" Cade asked me as I walked away from the table and I just ignored him as I made my way to the bathroom.

Once I entered the bathroom, I went to the sink and put my hands on the edge and leaned against it. I looked at myself in the mirror and mentally smacked myself for being such an idiot. Drew was into me and I knew it, yet I still lead him on. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't into Drew like that. He made me happier in the full three days we were together than the three years Cade and I had been together.

I knew I should've broken up with Cade before I moved out here. I knew I should've left him behind in that old chapter of my life, and I didn't.

As I thought to myself for a minute, I heard my phone ding in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and saw I got a text from the one person I've been wanting to hear from the most. Drew.

Drew

Today 12:32PM

can you please answer me??

Today 1:45PM

drew
please let me explain

Today 3:17PM

im sorry

Today 5:23PM

can u just let me know you're okay?

Today 6:39PM

when is he leaving tomorrow?

My mouth gaped open in shock, unable to believe he actually answered me. I felt kind of slighted at the fact that he ignored the rest of my texts and only wanted to know when Cade was leaving the next day. I didn't want to question it any further, so I immediately answered him, telling him that Cade was leaving after dinner tomorrow.

I looked down at my phone, waiting for a response, though I had just sent the text. I saw the three bubbles pop up to indicate he was typing, and I felt my heart leap out of my chest. I had been waiting all day for him to respond to me and now he was finally answering.